ADVERTISEMENT

Class 1A District Playoff Pairings

LukeFeddersen

Jun 14, 2001
Who got a great draw? Who got a terrible draw? Let us know!

Subscribers: Click here for our early predictions/class by class MVPS

DISTRICT #1
Akron-Westfield
Gehlen Catholic, LeMars
Kingsley-Pierson
Lawton-Bronson
MMCRU
Ridge View
River Valley, Correctionville
Sioux Central, Sioux Rapids
St. Mary's, Remsen
Woodbury Central, Moville

DISTRICT #2
Boyden-Hull
Central Lyon, Rock Rapids
Clay Central-Everly
George-Little Rock
Graettinger-Terril/Ruthven-Ayrshire
Harris-Lake Park
Hartley-Melvin-Sanborn
South O'Brien, Paullina
Trinity Christian, Hull
West Sioux, Hawarden

DISTRICT #3
Bishop Garrigan, Algona
Manson Northwest Webster
Newell-Fonda
North Union
Paton-Churdan
St. Edmond, Fort Dodge
St. Mary's, Storm Lake
West Bend-Mallard
West Hancock, Britt

DISTRICT #4
CAL, Latimer
Lake Mills
Newman Catholic, Mason City
North Iowa, Buffalo Center
Northwood-Kensett
Riceville
Rockford
Saint Ansgar
West Fork, Sheffield

DISTRICT #5
AGWSR, Ackley
Clarksville
Don Bosco, Gilbertville
Dunkerton
Janesville
Nashua-Plainfield
North Butler, Greene
Tripoli
Wapsie Valley, Fairbank

DISTRICT #6
Belle Plaine
Colo-Nesco
Gladbrook-Reinbeck
GMG, Garwin
Grundy Center
Hudson
Meskwaki Settlement School
North Tama, Traer
Waterloo Christian School

DISTRICT #7
Central, Elkader
Clayton Ridge, Guttenberg
East Buchanan, Winthrop
Edgewood-Colesburg
Kee, Lansing
Postville
Starmont
Turkey Valley, Jackson Junction
West Central, Maynard

DISTRICT #8
Calamus-Wheatland
Central City
Easton Valley
Maquoketa Valley, Delhi
Marquette Catholic, Bellevue
Midland, Wyoming
North Linn, Troy Mills
Prince of Peace Prep, Clinton
Rivermont Collegiate, Bettendorf

DISTRICT #9
Alburnett
Cedar Valley Christian School
English Valleys, North English
H-L-V, Victor
Iowa Mennonite, Kalona
Iowa Valley, Marengo
Lisbon
Lone Tree
Springville

DISTRICT #10
Cardinal, Eldon
Danville
Holy Trinity Catholic, Fort Madison
Keota
New London
Notre Dame, Burlington
Pekin
WACO, Wayland
Winfield-Mt. Union

DISTRICT #11
B-G-M, Brooklyn
Colfax-Mingo
Lynnville-Sully
Melcher-Dallas
Montezuma
North Mahaska, New Sharon
Sigourney
Tri-County, Thornburg
Twin Cedars, Bussey

DISTRICT #12
Lamoni
Martensdale-St. Marys
Moravia
Mormon Trail, Garden Grove
Moulton-Udell
Murray
Seymour
Southeast Warren, Liberty Center
Wayne, Corydon

DISTRICT #13
Ankeny Christian Academy
Diagonal
Earlham
East Union, Afton
Grand View Christian School
Iowa Christian Academy
Mount Ayr
Nodaway Valley
Orient-Macksburg

DISTRICT #14
Bedford
Clarinda Academy
East Mills
Essex
Fremont-Mills, Tabor
Griswold
Lenox
Sidney
Southwest Valley
Stanton

DISTRICT #15
Ar-We-Va, Westside
Audubon
Boyer Valley, Dunlap
CAM, Anita
Charter Oak-Ute
Coon Rapids-Bayard
Exira/EH-K
Glidden-Ralston
Riverside, Oakland

DISTRICT #16
Heartland Christian
Logan-Magnolia
Maple Valley-Anthon-Oto
Siouxland Community Christian
St. Albert
West Harrison, Mondamin
West Monona, Onawa
Westwood, Sloan
Whiting
Woodbine

Last edited:
Here are my district rankings (ranked toughest to weakest) based off of BC Moore rankings. I took the top 4 teams from each district, according to BC Moore, and then averaged out the district by adding their rankings and then divided by 4.
1. District 4 (16.5)
2. District 2 (17.5)
3. District 3 (19.25)
4. District 16 (23.5)
5. District 10 (27.75)
6. District 6 (28)
7. District 8 (30.5) Placed ahead of D5 because this district has #1 North Linn in it.
8. District 5 (30.5)
9. District 13 (31.7)
10. District 1 (34.9
11. District 9 (46)
12. District 11 (47.7)
13. District 12 (48.5)
14. District 15 (50)
15. District 14 (56.7)
16. District 7 (74)

My State tournament team predictions:
D1 St Mary's vs D2 Boyden Hull...Boyden Hull to state
D3 St Ed's vs D4 West Fork...St Ed's to state
D5 AGWSR vs D6 Gladbrook...Gladbrook to state
D7 Doesn't Matter vs D8 North Linn...North Linn to state (probably wins this game by 50)
D9 Lone Tree vs D10 New London...New London to state
D11 Montezuma vs D12 Murray...Murray to state
D13 Grand View vs D14 Stanton...Grand View to state
D15 Ar-We-Va vs D16 St Albert's...St Albert's to state

Reactions: mtdew_fever
Gladbrook Reinbeck got a good draw. Outside of Colo-Nesco pretty easy bracket for GR. I would guess the substate match up would be GR vs AGWSR. I haven't seen Dunkerton play they do have a solid record. I have seen Don Bosco play and that would be a great game between them and AGWSR.

I'll go with lynville sully over Montezuma and also advancing to state. Don't see two teams from the blue grass at the well.

Last edited:
I'll go with lynville sully over Montezuma and also advancing to state. Don't see two teams from the blue grass at the well.
I agree that 2 from the Bluegrass sounds crazy. But I think Monte is WAY over rated and they have already beat Lynville.

I agree that 2 from the Bluegrass sounds crazy. But I think Monte is WAY over rated and they have already beat Lynville.

I agree Monte is overrated. But I think Sully is the better team. Even though they lost to them once. And come on....it's the bluegrass. It will be either Monte or Sully. And I wouldn't count out Earlham in 13 either.

Last edited:
I think 1a District 2 will be highly competitive. I'm still not a believer in St. Marys. Who have they beat? I know they beat Unity, but Unity appears to be inconsistent. St. Marys will get out of district 1 because the state gave them a pretty easy draw to sub state. I don't think SOB will be in that conversation out of district 1. I believe it will be the siouxland teams BH,GLR and maybe even CL who is coming on as of late. be interesting to see the seedings.

I think 1a District 2 will be highly competitive. I'm still not a believer in St. Marys. Who have they beat? I know they beat Unity, but Unity appears to be inconsistent. St. Marys will get out of district 1 because the state gave them a pretty easy draw to sub state. I don't think SOB will be in that conversation out of district 1. I believe it will be the siouxland teams BH,GLR and maybe even CL who is coming on as of late. be interesting to see the seedings.
Just beat a good Hinton team easily.

Keota beat Belle Plaine on the road, and lost early in the season to them after they played back to back with Lone Tree. I think Keota was getting their footing early on with the initial lost, and most definitely is a team to watch. Great outside shooting, well coached and fast play. They lack some size, but still highly competitive. I look them to make a run. I guess, we will see soon.

Keota beat Belle Plaine on the road, and lost early in the season to them after they played back to back with Lone Tree. I think Keota was getting their footing early on with the initial lost, and most definitely is a team to watch. Great outside shooting, well coached and fast play. They lack some size, but still highly competitive. I look them to make a run. I guess, we will see soon.
I think that's about the same place Danville is in. One exception for them is the addition of a Soph shooter who has been the leading scorer since becoming eligible. Great shooter with excellent ball handling skills. Makes them much better than earlier season play. Decent size with a short bench. Good luck to all.

I like your optimism but I've seen them play. The SICL is down considerably with just Maybe four teams that are even remotely competitive. Yes Keota is always well coached but you can only do so much with what you have. I don't think LT-Keota would be a close game at this point in the season. The SICL does not have a very good history with Danville.

Danville, New London play tonight. Not sure if the big kid from New London will play tonight. Should give a sneak peak at what District will hold for both teams. Right now New London is the best team in the District. Keota has a better record then Danville but according to BCMoore and his computer Danville is ranked higher and has played a much tougher schedule. But both team will have to get by New London to go anywhere. District 9 looks like its Lone Tree's to win.. Nott a good district at all from top to bottom.

Danville 82 #5 New London 77.. New London without their big kid Dentlinger.. Entertaining game. New London is young and will be good for years to come. Danville also played alot of Sophomores but the two seniors from Danville played well in this one. New London still looks like the team to beat but Danville seems to be closing the gap..

Danville, New London play tonight. Not sure if the big kid from New London will play tonight. Should give a sneak peak at what District will hold for both teams. Right now New London is the best team in the District. Keota has a better record then Danville but according to BCMoore and his computer Danville is ranked higher and has played a much tougher schedule. But both team will have to get by New London to go anywhere. District 9 looks like its Lone Tree's to win.. Nott a good district at all from top to bottom.

LT is the top seed and favorite. But I don't think the district as a whole is any weaker than district 10. Lisbon, Springville, and IMS are all solid teams. Lisbon beat LT once and North Linn beat everyone in that conference handily, so can't really go by that. Keota got hammered by Washington, granted a 3a school but not very good at all this year. I think that showed the strength or lack of strength in the SICL. Especially the east side. I think Danville probably wins 10, not ready to say LT wins 9 yet.

If South O'Brien gets Brasser back they are going to be a tough out as well.

What number is he? I heard SOB had all their guys back for last night. Also heard they scored 9 points as a team in the first half. BH must have come ready to play. Otherwise it was men against boys.

Brasser did not play. BH played really really hard defensively, SOB just couldn't do anything on O. BH & GLR will be a good one Thursday night in Sheldon (weather pending). Is GLR ready to take the next step or are they still a year away. We will see. Be interesting if GLR keeps bringing in 11 guys and playing them all. They did last night and wore out HLP.

Brasser did not play. BH played really really hard defensively, SOB just couldn't do anything on O. BH & GLR will be a good one Thursday night in Sheldon (weather pending). Is GLR ready to take the next step or are they still a year away. We will see. Be interesting if GLR keeps bringing in 11 guys and playing them all. They did last night and wore out HLP.

Yeah that was nuts all the guys they were running in there. I doubt they do that against BH but maybe. I'll guarantee you that BH is more conditioned and tougher than HLP, but you already knew that. If I'm BH I hope they do play 10 or 11 cuz I'd take my top 7 guys over GLR's 10th and 11th guys. Should be a good game.

I was impressed with the AGWSR 58 vs Wapsie Valley 71 final score. Wapsie played in a 2A conference and was beat up by the top teams. Wapsie wont be intimaed by GR. AGWSR gave GR all they wanted in their meetings. If both teams advance on Thursday it should be a great Substate final.

I don't think it will be that close with Danville. They would have to shoot lights out to be close. I'm guessing it will be more like 15.

I don't think it will be that close with Danville. They would have to shoot lights out to be close. I'm guessing it will be more like 15.

I don't know, I think it will be extremely tight. Would not be surprised if it's the game of the night. Winner will be the favorite on Saturday, no matter who wins out of IMS and Lisbon.

George Little Rock vs. Boyden Hull
Gehlen vs. Remsen St.Mary's
Predictions anyone?

Remsen should win. Gehlen isn't that good and that meets the criteria for Remsens schedule all year minus 2 games.

BH GLR will be a dogfight. Will be very interesting who can execute the game plan the best. GLR has been playing very good lately, but I guess the same can be said or BH finishing the season with wins over RV and Sioux center. I'll take BH in a tight one. Whoever wins, I'll take that winner over RemsenSM in the substate by double digits. Remsen would have 8 losses MINIMUM in the Siouxland this year. MINIMUM

This is the 8th year in a row that Danville has been in the District championship and as good as the program has been since 2000, I doubt it will be a blowout. I expect New London to win but I am sure Danville will be ready to compete.

BH & GLR is postponed until Saturday Night at 7.

I think it will be a close game, but I believe in the end BH will have enough to get it done. Their coaching, history, having a upper classed dominated team, will prove to be too much for GLR. Like i've said before GLR is a year away yet, don't think that team is ready to beat BH in a district final. BH by 10-15 is prolly right. BH will have a lead of 6-10 throughout the night and stretch it in the 4th to 10-15.

This is the 8th year in a row that Danville has been in the District championship and as good as the program has been since 2000, I doubt it will be a blowout. I expect New London to win but I am sure Danville will be ready to compete.

Wasn't Danville pretty good in 2012&2013 with the soukup brothers? I thought they were. At least until they played a team or two that were actually worth a shit. Then they weren't very good.

Wasn't Danville pretty good in 2012&2013 with the soukup brothers? I thought they were. At least until they played a team or two that were actually worth a shit. Then they weren't very good.

If you mean, by worth a crap, winning in the State quarterfinals by 32, losing in the semis by 6, then winning the consolation game by 24, then yes. That semifinal loss was their only loss that year. The finished 2nd the year before, with one loss.

There were a handful of teams that could have gone undefeated in the regular season with their competition. Danville did have a good team for sure but not good enough to win it all. Even this year there are teams that, apart from a few games, have cruised right through with a great record because they really have no one good around them.

If you mean, by worth a crap, winning in the State quarterfinals by 32, losing in the semis by 6, then winning the consolation game by 24, then yes. That semifinal loss was their only loss that year. The finished 2nd the year before, with one loss.

Do I really need to explain it to you, or can you look back to BCMoore for 2011-12-13 and figure it out on your own?

Danville has plenty of good teams around them. New London is like 10 minutes away from Danville, it's not like they got knocked out by a team from a different side of the state! And both of those teams have a better SOS than the top 3 teams on BCMoore (North Linn, DM Grand View, Siouxland Christian).

There may be more competition this year but I was talking about the years where they practically walked into the state tournament.

The top three seeds were what I was talking about with teams cruising through the regular season. Don't see many hard games for those teams on the schedule

Danville has plenty of good teams around them. New London is like 10 minutes away from Danville, it's not like they got knocked out by a team from a different side of the state! And both of those teams have a better SOS than the top 3 teams on BCMoore (North Linn, DM Grand View, Siouxland Christian).

No one is questioning their schedule this year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT