ADVERTISEMENT

Changes Announced for 2018

The purpose or motivation of this is?

What is the motivation for the overwhelming majority of schools (public) to allow a small minority of schools (private) to continue to have a distinct advantage yet continue to play them? There is no reason why the public schools should allow this 1 sided situation to continue.

Schools should play their peers in the playoffs and right now that isn't happening. This doesn't really belong on this 3A board since the lower the class the worst the advantage impacts the public schools.

What is the motivation for the overwhelming majority of schools (public) to allow a small minority of schools (private) to continue to have a distinct advantage yet continue to play them? There is no reason why the public schools should allow this 1 sided situation to continue.

Schools should play their peers in the playoffs and right now that isn't happening. This doesn't really belong on this 3A board since the lower the class the worst the advantage impacts the public schools.

I can't answer on what the motivation for the majority is to keep this going. Maybe there hasn't been a better idea presented by people who don't like it. Maybe they don't want to hang a banner that says 'State Champion *' no idea what it is. Have you officially submitted a proposal to the decision makers?

I have an idea. Lets just play some football. It is no different than and Iowa going up against and Ohio State in recruiting. Do the best with the players your're given.

Just to throw a monkey in - I'm extremely disappointed in that IHSAA sold out on the TV rights for semis and finals. The girls kept it local and FREE for we the parent taxpayers (to our local schools) while the boys of Boone sold us out. We received an email from our school district's AD as to how to watch the semis and finals on the internet. It only works if you have certain connections, like DISH, etc. It just plain stinks. Who in heavens name has any connection with Chicago? This is Iowa and for the money we spend on our schools, we should be able to watch it for FREE like we used to on IPTV. Every Iowan should email, write, text, call to the boys of Boone and let them know that they screwed up and need to correct it, and stop filling their coffers. I'd wager that the Boone boys / IHSAA doesn't buy the trophies, but they are most likely bought by people like Farm Bureau or Fareway, etc. So they don't need TV rights money for that.

Reactions: obfuscating
Just to throw a monkey in - I'm extremely disappointed in that IHSAA sold out on the TV rights for semis and finals. The girls kept it local and FREE for we the parent taxpayers (to our local schools) while the boys of Boone sold us out. We received an email from our school district's AD as to how to watch the semis and finals on the internet. It only works if you have certain connections, like DISH, etc. It just plain stinks. Who in heavens name has any connection with Chicago? This is Iowa and for the money we spend on our schools, we should be able to watch it for FREE like we used to on IPTV. Every Iowan should email, write, text, call to the boys of Boone and let them know that they screwed up and need to correct it, and stop filling their coffers. I'd wager that the Boone boys / IHSAA doesn't buy the trophies, but they are most likely bought by people like Farm Bureau or Fareway, etc. So they don't need TV rights money for that.

Good copy and paste.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT