ADVERTISEMENT

CB Lynx with big win

mackie12

Varsity
Jan 20, 2004
CBAL had a big win over SC North on Tuesday! Outscored North 16 to 2 in last 3 minutes

Not taking anything away from AL, but that's not that big big of a win. North has the talent, but can't figure things out. Playing an injured Tillo helps as well. Once again, not taking anything away from them, but since AL is ranked higher, it wouldnt be that big of a victory. Al has a quality team and they showed it. I still have north coming out of District 1, but I wouldn't be surprised if AL made it instead.

Only two teams would flat shock me if they came out of this substate, TJ and Lewis Central haven't really showed the ability to beat anyone. I realize West might appear to fall into that category, but they have shown flashes of being a good basketball team.

West lost to East by 4 at East and then were in the game until about the 4 minute mark of the 4th Qtr at West. Despite an awful night of shooting, they hung with North for a half at West. Both games at West (vs North and vs East) they were hampered by foul trouble. I actually think they have the most raw athletic ability out of the 3 SC city schools. With a "let em play" crew, I could see them sneaking up on someone, especially if they can shoot the ball like they did in the 1st Quarter at North and 3rd Quarter vs East at West.

East is 0-3 against the other 2, but their loss to North was only made possible by a last second 3 by Neustrom that ran a few laps before finally falling through. They played AL tough at home, losing by 7, but it was closer than the score indicated. It's also hard to beat a Vanderloo team 3 times in one season. Even if North handily defeats East in their next matchup, I could still see East beating either/both North and AL in the postseason.

North and AL split their regular season match-ups, so it's hard to say that either team is clearly the dominant team between the two. AL is clearly the hotter, more consistent team right now and I would say they are still the favorite in S1, but North does have the "been there, done that" advantage in the postseason that is hard to account for. AL has also shown that they can come out flat and be beaten, such as their loss to the enigma that is SBL.

I realize this may not be the most talented substate in 4A and I'm sure a lot of CIML teams are upset about it, but I do think it has the potential to be one of the most entertaining/balanced. There is still a few weeks for things to change; injuries, bad decisions, etc could all play big factors down the home stretch. Good luck to all of these teams this postseason.

Few weeks ago he twisted his ankle and was forced to sit the TJ game. From what they're saying, he's still not 100%.

Tillo scored 30 points last saturday in Kansas City vs a guy that is a top 50ish player (Jimmy Whitt) going to Arkansas and North won 69-66. He shot the lights out in the first half and had 20 at half i guess. Whitts team was state runner up in Missouri last winter. Then they turned around and lost to Sioux Falls O Gorman by like 20 on tuesday. Sioux Falls schools are all pretty big right now it seems like and they all play a pretty physical style. Just when you think North has it figured out they drop another one. Will be interesting to see how it all works out come playoff time.

Tillo is the best basketball player/ athlete in 2015. He tore apart one of the top rated players in the Midwest.

He has excellent hand eye coordination... I don't know if I'd say he is the best "Athlete" in the class of 2015. I don't think he's even the best athlete on his team. I'd take Neustrom over Tillo as a general "athlete". He gets heavily overshadowed by Tillo for some reason, but he is the real lynch pin for that school in every sport he plays.

You're right. As far as athletic wise (running, jumping) I would take Nuestrom as well. He is a very gifted athlete and is a stud baseball player. Let me rephrase this, Tillo is the best at sports in the class of 2015. Does that make sense? He has Division 1 offers in both baseball and basketball, and was a heck of a QB in football. I can't name another athlete who has division 1 offers in more than one sport.

I also disagree with your "lynchpin" comment. Take Tillo away from the basketball team and they are horrible.

I agree with you, they would be horrible without Tillo, but they'd also be horrible without Neustrom. In basketball they can't afford to lose either one. Tillo needs a good athlete on the floor with him that can draw a defenses attention away from him to create open looks. The games I have seen Tillo play, he has trouble creating his own separation/looks. May just be the games I've seen, but that's what I've observed during those games. Tillo was a good QB. I actually think football is his best sport. He makes good quick decisions and is just athletic enough to step away from the pass rush and throws an accurate ball. I assume the "D1" offers in baseball are for pitching? I had heard a rumor he may be going to a JUCO and doing both basketball and baseball...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT