ADVERTISEMENT

Cadillac question

hokiemokie

Freshman
Dec 31, 2009
Is the Rev. Chet Williams his Dad ? Was told that he is and is preparing a huge racist campaign if his son is not hired as Auburns next head coach . Anything to this?

Is the Rev. Chet Williams his Dad ? Was told that he is and is preparing a huge racist campaign if his son is not hired as Auburns next head coach . Anything to this?
No. Cadillac told the AD that he didn't feel ready to take over as HC on a permanent basis.

No. Cadillac told the AD that he didn't feel ready to take over as HC on a permanent basis.
I think he’s right but he has impressed me with the way he has handled the situation. If he had more HC experience I could see Auburn giving him a shot - although one day the fambuleeh would turn on him like they do all coaches, so maybe not.

Reactions: dhetiger
He’s not Caddy’s dad. Chet has been in his position I believe since early in the Tubberville days, and he was in that role when Caddy played at Auburn. I believe Chet’s only son was killed in atlanta a few years ago at a gas station.

Chet and Caddy are both big “Auburn People.” I would be shocked if he went on any sort of campaign like that. I don’t think he would anyways, but even if he did feel that way, I think Caddy would reign him in and stand by Auburn.
Where did you see that? Not doubting it, just haven’t seen it anywhere. I agree that he’s not ready, but was kind of surprised after his comments about taking the Rb coaching position under Gus. He’s confident in himself, he acknowledged Gus said he was talking to candidates more qualified on paper and that he convinced Gus he was ready for that and knew he could step into the role and recruit against the best in the SEC. I get there’s a big difference between the two positions, those comments just struck me as someone who didn’t think there was a job he isn’t capable of.

I love Caddy, and I want the best career for him and his family, whether it’s at Auburn or elsewhere. That said, I am glad The interim tag wasn’t removed. The hardest part of having a legend of a former player as your head coach is the potential notion of having to fire him one day. I think he may hit a point in his career where he is ready for the job, but now isn’t it. I have little doubt that any player that ever played for him would go to war for him. But I don’t think with his experience he could attract the coordinators/staff necessary to dig us out of our hole we’re currently in.

He’s not Caddy’s dad. Chet has been in his position I believe since early in the Tubberville days, and he was in that role when Caddy played at Auburn. I believe Chet’s only son was killed in atlanta a few years ago at a gas station.

Chet and Caddy are both big “Auburn People.” I would be shocked if he went on any sort of campaign like that. I don’t think he would anyways, but even if he did feel that way, I think Caddy would reign him in and stand by Auburn.

Where did you see that? Not doubting it, just haven’t seen it anywhere. I agree that he’s not ready, but was kind of surprised after his comments about taking the Rb coaching position under Gus. He’s confident in himself, he acknowledged Gus said he was talking to candidates more qualified on paper and that he convinced Gus he was ready for that and knew he could step into the role and recruit against the best in the SEC. I get there’s a big difference between the two positions, those comments just struck me as someone who didn’t think there was a job he isn’t capable of.

I love Caddy, and I want the best career for him and his family, whether it’s at Auburn or elsewhere. That said, I am glad The interim tag wasn’t removed. The hardest part of having a legend of a former player as your head coach is the potential notion of having to fire him one day. I think he may hit a point in his career where he is ready for the job, but now isn’t it. I have little doubt that any player that ever played for him would go to war for him. But I don’t think with his experience he could attract the coordinators/staff necessary to dig us out of our hole we’re currently in.
I've got good sources. 😉

Caddy knows that his coaching career is in its infancy. He would've taken it if offered, but the man isn't stupid. Let someone else rebuild the roster and step in later.

Reactions: alphatiger08

Alpha, I didn't see it ,I was told that by a friend that is normally up on sec football. That's why I came here and asked the question . He could possibly been told that by a Caddy supporter that wanted to influence the hire . I figured someone here would know if it was true or not and told him so. Had it been true it wouldn't have surprised me .I remember other sec schools being accused of racism for the same thing .

Reactions: dhetiger
Alpha, I didn't see it ,I was told that by a friend that is normally up on sec football. That's why I came here and asked the question . He could possibly been told that by a Caddy supporter that wanted to influence the hire . I figured someone here would know if it was true or not and told him so. Had it been true it wouldn't have surprised me .I remember other sec schools being accused of racism for the same thing .
That word is used so much that it no longer has meaning.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT