ADVERTISEMENT

Biggest upset, best story, give me anything...

DCAHawk

Freshman
Oct 12, 2019
What do you see as the biggest upset, potentially the best feel good story, most drama, team that got "screwed" with the bracket, team that has the most bear-able bracket, etc?

Biggest Upset Potential-West Lyon over DNH
Feel Good-SCC not having to play a NW school.
Most Drama-Obviously WB Vs Regina
Screwed-West Lyon
Bearable-Da Bears

Will WL over DNH really be a true upset? Watched film and Regina developed a blueprint to beat DNH. They just couldn't overcome dumb turnovers and then folded.

Is SCC good? Might they be a dome sleeper?

Regina-WB... assumes both make it. I'm actually interested in seeing how WB offense performs against NL.

And yes, the bracket: Butch should retire and let the young blood take over if he doesn't make the dime this year.

Reactions: Pinehawk
West Lyon needs to travel 4 hours and beat a good Osage team. They will have their work cut out for them Friday night.

The biggest upset might just end up being the snow...might be some on the ground for Friday's games in Eastern Iowa.

According to Google Maps, it will take West Lyon 10 minutes longer to get to Dike than it would if they were playing in Fargo.

According to Google Maps, it will take West Lyon 10 minutes longer to get to Dike than it would if they were playing in Fargo.

DNH better be ready because West Lyon looks unstoppable right now. Their size, power, and athleticism are impressive. The long drive won’t bother them one bit. Didn’t bother them in the first round.

Reactions: MsideChief
If we truly matched 1 vs 8, 2 vs 7, 3 vs 6, and 4 vs 5 how would you match up the teams, not based upon the RPI but actually the best teams?

DNH vs. WL is going to be a battle. Its going to come down to who takes care of the football and who is more physical. Best game of the season IMO
Both teams don’t really have a whole lot of turnovers on the season I don’t think. Field position and the ability to make big plays when needed will decide it. WL is extremely physical. Can DNH match it?

it will be interesting to see how Treynor attempts to stop Dekkers and Lynott. they will have to get pressure, but even doing that not sure they have the dogs. WS is the top team and once they get to turf watchout

Reactions: WSFalcons
Dike will get beat by 3 scores..... west Sioux wins but lost too many horses from last year and takes it in the chin in the dome. West branch takes a suffocating loss to marv and the boys and vm and scc battle to the end with VM pulling it out.

If I seeded what's left

1 DNH
2 West Lyon
3 VM
4 WS
5 WB
6 SCC
7 Regina
8 Treynor

West Lyon v DNH is the game of the year. A state title kind of battle. West Lyon is rolling, Dike has been challenged once. I like the visiting team in this for some reason.

WL 34-28

WB v Regina is a great storyline, but neither of the teams is what they have been. Bear defense vs. Cook/Wick and Regal rush defense are the keys. Field position advantage Regals.

WB 35-20

Treynor vs West Sioux is a classic Norm Parker 'can you bend but not break's game. West Sioux offense is a juggernaut, but showed some weakness in WC game. Force Dekkers to make decisions rather than pick and pop and you've got a chance.

Treynor 28-27

Van Meter vs SCC will be a lower scoring affair. SCC will bring the kitchen sink and the dishwasher at you. No Abe for VM but they have a great system in place. Can the visitors win the 3rd and short battles enough? That's a key.

VM wins a classic 21-14.

Reactions: rc1963
If I seeded what's left

1 DNH
2 West Lyon
3 VM
4 WS
5 WB
6 SCC
7 Regina
8 Treynor

West Lyon v DNH is the game of the year. A state title kind of battle. West Lyon is rolling, Dike has been challenged once. I like the visiting team in this for some reason.

WL 34-28

WB v Regina is a great storyline, but neither of the teams is what they have been. Bear defense vs. Cook/Wick and Regal rush defense are the keys. Field position advantage Regals.

WB 35-20

Treynor vs West Sioux is a classic Norm Parker 'can you bend but not break's game. West Sioux offense is a juggernaut, but showed some weakness in WC game. Force Dekkers to make decisions rather than pick and pop and you've got a chance.

Treynor 28-27

Van Meter vs SCC will be a lower scoring affair. SCC will bring the kitchen sink and the dishwasher at you. No Abe for VM but they have a great system in place. Can the visitors win the 3rd and short battles enough? That's a key.

VM wins a classic 21-14.

West Lyon vs West Sioux in the regular season was a great game, too. That was the regular season game of the year.

If Treynor can get pressure on Dekkers it will be a game, if not WS by 14. Also, the teams that challenged WS man/spy on Lynott the whole game limiting his touches.

If Treynor can get pressure on Dekkers it will be a game, if not WS by 14. Also, the teams that challenged WS man/spy on Lynott the whole game limiting his touches.

It won't be a game. West sioux by 21 plus, Treynor struggles to cover the pass and Dekkers is more mobile than anyone Treynor can bring to cause pressure

That worked wonders for Unity(sarcasm). I think Western surprised West Sioux with that defense a little but when WS played Unity they tried the same thing and WS had an answer. Western has a little better athletes but it was pretty obvious WS had been working on that exact defense and exploited it by using Lynott differently and at times just as a decoy to get their other athletes the ball. WL tried it also. I'm sure WS will be ready for it

I'm not sure the best way to go about stopping them. Their run game was not overly good but not sure sure how much they tried. Dekkers will find an open guy if he can sit back there un-pressured. If you rush too aggressively they will screen pass the crap out of you with Lynott and Coppock. I'd man up on those two with zone help close by. I don't think you can middle ground them on the pass rush unless you have some studs than can get in there quick while rushing 4. Otherwise I think you need to blitz the hell out of them while jamming their best guys with zone help or rush 3 try and cover while also having a guy watch for Dekkers to run with it. Lineman have to be good at recognizing the screens so they can peel off to help tackle. I'd make guys not named Lynott and Coppock have to carry the load as much as possible. Their D gives up some yards and points, if you can ground and pound them and keep Dekkers making tackles vs throwing passes it will certainly help. If they make it on the carpet it will tougher to beat them.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT