ADVERTISEMENT

Big Week 6 Games

Since budget cuts started happening in the early 90's our recruiting has taken a major hit. Our 4 and 5 star talent use to receive Cadillacs and chromed out impallas. Now due to budget concerns skilled players only receive audi's and bmws for touchdowns. It's a sad sad world we now live in
those same budget cuts are hitting private schools like Heelan as well 1-4. kids just wont come there for a 2015 jeep cherokee...:)

those same budget cuts are hitting private schools like Heelan as well 1-4. kids just wont come there for a 2015 jeep cherokee...:)

Right?! IT'S the worst. Luckily an anonymous Donor has graciously decided to donate to the the star players 401k next year so i expect the new batch of recruits to roll in april thunderstorm

This probably warrants its own thread, but that does raise a few questions I have had about the whole private school thing, I am curious how that works. Are you saying there is no such thing as "scholarships" that help pay for the cost of admission that not all others pay for? Or is that just a myth? If everyone gets charged the same amount, then I guess it really isn't an advantage, other than there are no borders but if the school gets to pick and choose how much each individual student is charged, then I feel they are getting paid to play there, which is not an equal playing ground with public schools. I also assume, at a minimum, that everyone that goes to school there is a Catholic since, it is a Catholic School right? Please help dispel some of these rumors that float around.

Lets not forget. Saint Albert use to play a 3a-4A schedule in their early yeas (70's and 80's) aka the golden years!

and no one wants to mess with a cinder track panther...They're dangerous...blue moon hangout crew
Yeah I know that but Wapsie was a good sized 2a school in 70s n 80s n didn’t drop to 1a till 96. I know Britt was a 2a also not sure how long just know one their titles was in 2a. So with that said these 3 schools have been around the same size Always. So I think that’s irrelevant especially since Wapsie was playing emmetsburg, Solon, Mount Vernon, etc. lol

The track out there I hope is around forever or until I die lol luv that thing

This probably warrants its own thread, but that does raise a few questions I have had about the whole private school thing, I am curious how that works. Are you saying there is no such thing as "scholarships" that help pay for the cost of admission that not all others pay for? Or is that just a myth? If everyone gets charged the same amount, then I guess it really isn't an advantage, other than there are no borders but if the school gets to pick and choose how much each individual student is charged, then I feel they are getting paid to play there, which is not an equal playing ground with public schools. I also assume, at a minimum, that everyone that goes to school there is a Catholic since, it is a Catholic School right? Please help dispel some of these rumors that float around.
Well everyone that goes to Bosco isn’t Catholic is what I have heard so not sure how st alberts operates

St. Ansgar up 27-6 now. Hudson scored on their drive. St ansgar answered then intercepted hudson on their first play of their next drive and scored again. 5:30 left in 1st half.

St. Ansgar up 49-6 end of 3rd. Hudson has had good moments, but has shot themselves in the foot repeatedly. I think 4 turnovers now maybe 5. Many snaps over the QBs head resulting in a long way for a 1st down, unforced errors. Also, I dont think Hudson's defense has prevented a touchdown yet.

CBSA- 28 playoff app. 4-3 in title games
Wapsie- 30 playoff app. 5-2 in title games
Britt- 29 playoff app. 2-4 in title games
Thought I’d throw this out there for the debate also I mean looks pretty easy to me what school is top dog of a close race. Looks like devildogwent Mia on me when my school was revealed lol thought was going to have some good debating going

My god after an ass whooping like that... I got to believe St Ansgar is the best team in class A. I mean they BLEW out a team who was competing with top 5 teams
And think the location of them. How does the state navigate this one lol. Britt n St. Ansgar should both finish top 4 in rpi if St. Ansgar beat south Winn so how is the state going to do that with travel lol. Some teams are going to be traveling because then 2 teams should be in the same quad but won’t be if both are top 4

Saw the weirdest thing I’ve ever seen in my life tonight, I saw Iron Docs fearsome eagle beast run a spread offense for a whole possession. And they scored really quickly off it too
No way!! I need video evidence of this lol. The sky is falling. What’s next is Madrid going to spread it out too

My god after an ass whooping like that... I got to believe St Ansgar is the best team in class A. I mean they BLEW out a team who was competing with top 5 teams

I talked to a handful of people after the game and heard some talking during the second half. All these people were expecting at least a semi competitive game. St. Ansgar had zero trouble moving the ball on offense.

The score probably wouldnt have been so lopsided if hudson hadn't had so many unforced errors. Their only scoring drive in the first quarter to make the score 13-6 had none of these issues and looked rather good.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT