ADVERTISEMENT

big news

Pretty interesting, does HC have any decent athletes to offer? I know little about the area.

From my understanding about the program and school there will be potentially 4 or maybe 5 students who will join and play. But I don't believe there is a lot in the pot. I think it's more kids trying to understand the game or play JV ball to experience a team. Should help with Jv though as SA has been unable to field a JV team for a few years now with low numbers

This year’s combined BEDS for a CBSA/HC coop would have been 161. That would have put them on the cusp of 1A/A

This year’s combined BEDS for a CBSA/HC coop would have been 161. That would have put them on the cusp of 1A/A

part of the agreement is that if the bed ever jumps SA to 1a they will no longer accept HC from my understanding. This years combined beds, maybe, next years, won't come close

I dont think it should make a difference. Sa would be just as competitive in 1A as they are in A.

QUOTE="falconfanx3, post: 176159, member: 5752"]part of the agreement is that if the bed ever jumps SA to 1a they will no longer accept HC from my understanding. This years combined beds, maybe, next years, won't come close[/QUOTE]

I dont think it should make a difference. Sa would be just as competitive in 1A as they are in A.

QUOTE="falconfanx3, post: 176159, member: 5752"]part of the agreement is that if the bed ever jumps SA to 1a they will no longer accept HC from my understanding. This years combined beds, maybe, next years, won't come close
[/QUOTE]

I cannot tell if you mean this sarcastically or genuinely

What I meant to say is that SA in a bad year will be just slightly above average and being in A or 1A wont make any difference.

In a good year, SA could be a title contender in either class.

QUOTE="falconfanx3, post: 176165, member: 5752"][/QUOTE]

I cannot tell if you mean this sarcastically or genuinely[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
Reactions: falconfanx3
part of the agreement is that if the bed ever jumps SA to 1a they will no longer accept HC from my understanding. This years combined beds, maybe, next years, won't come close

lol. I find this statement funny. Would love to read the agreement.

The incredible way in which technology works is I posted the link to the agreement....

And the beauty of you providing a link to an article is I was able to open it and read it. And no where in the linked article does it mention jumping out of the agreement if BEDS push them to 1A. Oh technology.......

And the beauty of you providing a link to an article is I was able to open it and read it. And no where in the linked article does it mention jumping out of the agreement if BEDS push them to 1A. Oh technology.......
In the 5th paragraph it states that it will vary sport by sport and season by season, with St. Albert's able to pull out of the agreement at any time.
This certainly implies that if their beds would jump them up a class they could say nope dont like that and go alone for a season or two until they decide they would like the bodies without jumping a class.

I'm am not familiar with the situation and am not implying it is their plan. Just seems like they have the agreement written in such a way that they could do it if they decided to.

In the 5th paragraph it states that it will vary sport by sport and season by season, with St. Albert's able to pull out of the agreement at any time.
This certainly implies that if their beds would jump them up a class they could say nope dont like that and go alone for a season or two until they decide they would like the bodies without jumping a class.

I'm am not familiar with the situation and am not implying it is their plan. Just seems like they have the agreement written in such a way that they could do it if they decided to.

The agreement was put into place not for Varsity kids, but for HC kids to play organized competitive sports and get to experience it while in school. Saint Albert hasn't had JV for quite awhile, so the HC kids and SA young kids will be able to form a JV team and actually get some games in. As a saint albert JV, and HC, has not played a game in a little over 2 years now. That is the purpose of the agreement as HC attempts to grow their enrollment as tey have recently become accredited through 12th grade

Clearly you're a literal person, or struggle to read between the lines, game shows and trivia nights would not be for you

Clearly you're a literal person, or struggle to read between the lines, game shows and trivia nights would not be for you

I got this. I think I can read between the lines.

Saint Alberts: It is our honor to give other faith based students the opportunity to help our athletic programs

Also Saint Alberts: If the enrollment bumps our football program to the mighty Class 1A, then get bent Heartland Christian

Saint Alberts: It is our honor to give other faith based students the opportunity to help our athletic programs

Also Saint Alberts: If the enrollment bumps our football program to the mighty Class 1A, then get bent Heartland Christian

lmao

No, no. I got this.

First off it is Saint Albert....no s...(can read he says)

second off. Absolutely. Why would you bump a class, when you're an average to small class A school, and are taking on an enrollment that is going to add 2 maybe 3 football kids...makes no sense.

Do I need to explain this in further detail for you?

And I also would be interested in knowing how the agreement works when it comes to Classification.

A. The Classification comes out and Saint Alberts is 1A. Saint Alberts then drops Heartland and petitions the state to drop back down to Class A.

B. Saint Alberts has a special channel to the state to inform them of their classification with or without Heartland before the public announcements of Classification

Saint Alberts has a roster of over 40 kids. Yet they can't field a JV team without a couple bodies from Heartland????....Really?

So as long as Heartland keeps Saint Alberts under Mighty Class 1A, their kids came come over and carry the water bottles, hold the blocking dummies, and dress a few JV games. If it bumps them to 1A the agreement is off. Sounds ethical.....

Saint Alberts has a roster of over 40 kids. Yet they can't field a JV team without a couple bodies from Heartland????....Really?

So as long as Heartland keeps Saint Alberts under Mighty Class 1A, their kids came come over and carry the water bottles, hold the blocking dummies, and dress a few JV games. If it bumps them to 1A the agreement is off. Sounds ethical.....

:rolleyes: 40 kids?! hahahaha from my understanding Saint Albert (again see how there is no S) Saint Albert had 23 kinds out for football on the roster. Therefor could not field a JV.

But you want a school who will provide 2-3 football players to bump them to Class A hahaha. Man there's dumb, and then there is simply just (Will never get it)

SA was in class 1a before and if I remember correctly ( I am old now) they did just fine.

the agreement is in place so kids can participate as part of a team. Which they could not field at HC. I wish everyone the best and hope they make some great memories.

Actually is ethical, if the kids are good enough to play varsity I'm sure the coaches will play them, if they area JV suitable kid, then thats the route theyll go. the best will play.

You're a sensitive one today aren't ya Hemp....and again Please refer to it as saint albert. there is no S

The unethical part is not whether a kid plays JV or not. What is dirty is the thought of a school combining programs off and on based on Classification. There are a ton of schools that have 30 kids roaming their halls that have zero ability to play or zero interest to play. They are counted against their BEDS.

I thought I counted more than 23 kids on Saint Alberts Quickstats. But maybe it is fuzzy math

The unethical part is not whether a kid plays JV or not. What is dirty is the thought of a school combining programs off and on based on Classification. There are a ton of schools that have 30 kids roaming their halls that have zero ability to play or zero interest to play. They are counted against their BEDS.

I thought I counted more than 23 kids on Saint Alberts Quickstats. But maybe it is fuzzy math

As a supporter of of Saint Albert with a occasional ear to the local watering hole. The agreement is so that heartland kids can participate. most of these kids have little football background. Look at it from the sense of a mentoring program. until heartland can build an enrollment to go 8 man. So kids can still participate. Stats lie, quick stats is wrong, this just shows me how little you truly know or are aware of.

Also, now you're just being a child with the whole s or no s at the end of Saint Albert.

God bless you and I hope you find joy in your heart as it seems to be missing.

Lol. Quickstats lie. Saint Alberts quick stats must really lie. Are you guys losing half your kids?

I don’t go to your watering holes. I don’t watch your games. I think I have seen a couple at the dome.

Having an agreement with another school to give those students an opportunity to play a sport sounds honorable. Basing that agreement on football classification sounds shady. Good luck to your 23 student athletes. Adding a few bodies to a 23 person roster will be difficult to field a JV team. Hopefully you find that other 20 kids that went missing

Lol. Quickstats lie. Saint Alberts quick stats must really lie. Are you guys losing half your kids?

I don’t go to your watering holes. I don’t watch your games. I think I have seen a couple at the dome.

Having an agreement with another school to give those students an opportunity to play a sport sounds honorable. Basing that agreement on football classification sounds shady. Good luck to your 23 student athletes. Adding a few bodies to a 23 person roster will be difficult to field a JV team. Hopefully you find that other 20 kids that went missing

2 Cy Patterson JR 5-11 175
3 Eric Matthai JR 5-11 155
4 Bennett Gronstall JR 5-09 170
5 John Helton FR 5-06 130
6 Carter White SO 5-08 135
8 Connor Cerny JR 6-01 185
10 Sam Wilber JR 6-01 185
11 Aiden Antisdel SR 5-10 165
13 Noah Frahm SO 5-09 130 (left the team transferred)
13 Sam Gubbels FR 5-08 140 (DNP) (injury)
14 Lance Wright SR 5-10 175
16 Mason Myers SO 5-10 140
17 Keaton Barnes SO 5-11 165
18 Lane Sundberg SO 5-09 145
19 Jeffery Miller JR 6-02 185
20 Ryan Hughes SR 6-02 155 (ran xc)
21 William Cihacek SO 5-08 120
22 Brett Klussman JR 5-10 150
24 Aidan Campin SR 5-11 165 (trasnferred in, played in 2 games)
25 Sam Rallis JR 6-02 175
26 Nate Kay SO 5-10 125 (DNP)
28 Brendan Monohan FR 5-10 140
28 Chase Morton SO 5-09 140 (ran XC)
32 David Helton FR 5-06 140
32 Camren Mardesen SO 5-06 140 (ran xc)
52 Gage Sommerville SO 6-02 215
53 Cael Hobbs FR 5-10 160
53 Anthony Trevino SO 5-08 145 ( left the school)
55 Greg Fagan JR 6-02 200
56 Ben O'Neill JR 6-00 215
57 Cael McLaren JR 5-11 190
62 Owen Doner JR 6-06 210
64 Drew Gronstall SR 5-10 205
66 Jack Anderson JR 5-11 240 (DNP)
67 Gabriel Evezic JR 6-03 180 (left the team) (manager)
67 Daniel McGrath SO 6-01 190
70 Adyn Hill SO 6-00 195
74 Bennet Clark FR 5-07 150 ( left the team)
75 Mason Mazzella

my apologies on the 23...it was 27. still not enough to field a JV team with injuries/ quarters played rule.

Like i said. Quick stats is wrong

Ya hate to see someone get proved wrong so quickly...how quick you were to judge and assume..always remember the golden rule now @rkhemp

Not even here to argue this, mine is a legit question lol. So if the state doesn’t make them bump up if they play a kid from HC since sound like a jv ordeal will St. Albert have to forfeit a game in which they play a kid from HC? Basically would be like a ineligible kid playing. I’m guessing or if the State was smart that’s how they would do it. Kids from HC only eligible for JV games if St. Albert doesn’t bump up. Still would be a benefit to St. Albert with extra kids for practices but this would be enough to keep
Ppl from complaining like crazy they didn’t bump up. Sounds like the best way to handle this.

Not even here to argue this, mine is a legit question lol. So if the state doesn’t make them bump up if they play a kid from HC since sound like a jv ordeal will St. Albert have to forfeit a game in which they play a kid from HC? Basically would be like a ineligible kid playing. I’m guessing or if the State was smart that’s how they would do it. Kids from HC only eligible for JV games if St. Albert doesn’t bump up. Still would be a benefit to St. Albert with extra kids for practices but this would be enough to keep
Ppl from complaining like crazy they didn’t bump up. Sounds like the best way to handle this.

No, the kids are eligible to play varsity from my understanding. saint albert's current 8th grade class is small, heartland christian is small. The reason they have the control to release the agreement if they jump is due to HC bringing very few players if any from year to year over. The school could grow and the amount of boys (mostly girls now there) could diminish or not go out. why would they feel they should have to jump a class due to adding 1 maybe 2 kids.

The confusion people don't understand is next years combined enrollment wouldn't even put SA in the top 10 or 15 for class A schools.

Reactions: GOPANTHERS23
lol, quick to be proven wrong? I'm sorry if your quick stats is so out of whack and you have a ton of attrition to cross country. It would take a whole 2 mins to fix the quick stats roster.

I am all for HC kids being able to play for Saint Alberts. More kids and more teams being able to field JV games is only good for the sport.

I am also for fairness. So here is to all the other small town Iowa teams who struggle to fill a roster. May they too find their own Heartland they can string along as long as it is convenient for Classification!

An "agreement" like such is shady AF. That is why I either believe you are wrong on the "agreement" or that is why Saint Alberts didn't publicly state that in their agreement.

If Saint Alberts 8th grade group is small and they continue to deal with 32% attrition, 2-3 Heartland kids will not be enough to field 2 teams.

Last edited:
lol, quick to be proven wrong? I'm sorry if your quick stats is so out of whack and you have a ton of attrition to cross country. It would take a whole 2 mins to fix the quick stats roster.

I am all for HC kids being able to play for Saint Alberts. More kids and more teams being able to field JV games is only good for the sport.

I am also for fairness. So here is to all the other small town Iowa teams who struggle to fill a roster. May they too find their own Heartland they can string along as long as it is convenient for Classification!

HAHA YOU ARE A PETTY SAD MAN, acting like I control the quick stats page. Yeesh, maybe add some bailey's to the morning coffee and loosen up. i am sorry for your small town schools who are struggling. SA was fine before this, and they'll be fine after. end of story

An "agreement" like such is shady AF. That is why I either believe you are wrong on the "agreement" or that is why Saint Alberts didn't publicly state that in their agreement.

If Saint Alberts 8th grade group is small and they continue to deal with 32% attrition, 2-3 Heartland kids will not be enough to field 2 teams.

You seriously have zero clue or understanding this is mind blowing...like talking to a brick wall

I'm not acting like you control it. General statement about Saint Alberts quickstats. You attacked me about being wrong about the roster, while at the same time you were wrong about the roster. And you follow the team.

Whether Saint Alberts has a JV or not is not a big deal to me. The title of this thread was "big news". I clicked on it thinking there would be big news that concerned the state of high school football. I found out it was only shady news concerning Saint Alberts bringing in members of a neighboring small school to bring their numbers up as long as it doesn't bump them up a class. Good luck with that! Cheers!

shhhhhh i'm done talking to you sad little man. I hope you find that joy you so desperately search for as you continue to be a keyboard warrior. Best of luck to you boys next fall.

By raising a question of your school's agreement that appears to be shady how you characterized it, you have labeled me as a sad little man, attacked my ability to play trivia games and read between the lines...........and also reminded me of the golden rule lol

Reading between the lines, you almost sound like a hypocrite

By raising a question of your school's agreement that appears to be shady how you characterized it, you have labeled me as a sad little man, attacked my ability to play trivia games and read between the lines...........and also reminded me of the golden rule lol

Reading between the lines, you almost sound like a hypocrite
never once did I raise question about? haha but yes, by your comments, clear cut jealousy, and child like comments I have characterized you as a sad little man, a timmy tough nuts as they say. You aren't the first and won't be the last. Like I said best of luck to your boys next year

And best of luck to Saint Alberts. I could care less if they go undefeated or don't win a game.

Sorry for stepping on your toes and questioning your school's policy. Hopefully the shared agreement puts you as a large Class A school and not a small Class 1A school. I would hate for the boys from Heartland not to get a chance to play football.

And best of luck to Saint Alberts. I could care less if they go undefeated or don't win a game.

Sorry for stepping on your toes and questioning your school's policy. Hopefully the shared agreement puts you as a large Class A school and not a small Class 1A school. I would hate for the boys from Heartland not to get a chance to play football.

haha such a petty patty..Truly do hope you find some sort of joy in your life. Clear cut the type of person you are

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT