ADVERTISEMENT

Bettendorf

maxstabs13

All District
Aug 20, 2005
A school that already had a loaded Sophomore class coming up has added a Junior in Jovan Jackson from Simeon(IL) and recently Sophomore in Darius Martin transferred in from Moline.

Not sure if this was a school effort to get better players in or what, but with Martin being added they now have 4 Sophomores that played for the QC Elite AAU team. Darius Martin, JMichael Young, Ryan Fall, and Michael Baer(Nick Baer little brother).

That to go along with Suni Lane who is a Sophomore playing consistently for varsity.

Not to mention I have seen the Sophomore team and they are big. Cole Clearman's younger brother plays on it, but he isn't as good as Cole. Nick Baer's younger brother doesn't start for the sophomore team.

Bettendorf should be solid again next season.

In at least one case, I think the transfer would be for legitimate reasons. You wouldn't leave Chicago Simeon for Bettendorf purely for basketball reasons.

Originally posted by wolverine55:
In at least one case, I think the transfer would be for legitimate reasons. You wouldn't leave Chicago Simeon for Bettendorf purely for basketball reasons.
You would if you were a non-starter at Simeon and now basically the Best or 2nd best player for Bettendorf and only a Junior. Not sure if it was for job situations. It's Bettendorf... I can nearly guarantee the parents could have moved without any job or housing plans and some Bettendorf parents would have helped them with both things prior to them moving.

Jackson moved during the holidays. Martin was just across the river, so moving isn't as big of a deal for him. Who knows, maybe they both live with other family members. It could be a Friday Night Lights scenario where the address is a vacant lot.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT