ADVERTISEMENT

Bettendorf vs. Iowa City West

back to the original topic. Are the dawgs the only undefeated team left in Class 2A?

Bettendorf beat rival PV last night 5 - 0 and are still undefeated. As FrostyMitchell so elegantly and tactfully pointed out in the thread earlier, Bettendorf tied Iowa City Regina 0 - 0 so they do have 1 tie.

'In 2005, West had a VERY difficult path at State, and some would probably say were lucky to make it past Valley in the Semis, so the IHSAA thought (probably with valid reason) that the likelihood of West in the final was remote.'

99.....YOU HAVE TO BE JOKING. THE IOWA CITY WEST HIGH Beat Down of Valley in 2005 WASN't EVEN CLOSE......So That kind of rains on your little thesis.

It is too bad that critics, who really have NO KNOWLEDGE except that 'the dawgs should win' are detrimental to Iowa High School soccer, with their ignorance and arrogance ooozing out in this thread, until corrected by moi and the poster above, regarding Referrees.

Really beat down on Valley in 2005 I think Valley beat West at the start of the season, Valley beat down West this year at the start of the season

I wasn't referring to the outcome of the game. I was illustrating the fact that ON PAPER Valley appeared to have the better team in the 05 State Tournament, and was certainly favored beforehand to beat West if the matchup occurred. The fact of the outcome has no bearing on the point I was making that the IHSAA (and others) make legit attempts to analyze the potential matchups before hand. But as we all know...if matchups on paper were Gospel, there would be no need to play the game.

Originally posted by FrostyMitchell:
'In 2005, West had a VERY difficult path at State, and some would probably say were lucky to make it past Valley in the Semis, so the IHSAA thought (probably with valid reason) that the likelihood of West in the final was remote.'

99.....YOU HAVE TO BE JOKING. THE IOWA CITY WEST HIGH Beat Down of Valley in 2005 WASN't EVEN CLOSE......So That kind of rains on your little thesis.

It is too bad that critics, who really have NO KNOWLEDGE except that 'the dawgs should win' are detrimental to Iowa High School soccer, with their ignorance and arrogance ooozing out in this thread, until corrected by moi and the poster above, regarding Referrees.

'Really beat down on Valley in 2005 I think Valley beat West at the start of the season, Valley beat down West this year at the start of the season'

So, Valley is really good in the season openers. Not so good when it really counts.....is that what you're saying?

Iowa City West Boys Soccer
State Champs 2000, 2003, 2004 (2nd), 2005

Wha choo gunna do?

'I was illustrating the fact that ON PAPER Valley appeared to have the better team in the 05 State Tournament,'
ON WHAT PAPER? The West Des Moinez Valley school paper???? LOL

ON WHAT PAPER? The West Des Moinez Valley school paper???? LOL
------------------------------------------------------

Everyone should stop talking to this moron now. If he doesn't know what the phrase "on paper" means any logic you try to use to explain the situation will surely be over his head.

take-a-pee:

This wanker comes in and says NOTHING, has nothing to add, yet calls the all knowing, omnipotent, mahaFrosty a name.

That is sad and extremely LAME

Frosty's stupidity is kind of amusing though and his wannabe-gangsta talk is hilarious. I picture a kid that thinks he is cool like Stiffler's little brother in American Pie.

Let's see.....how does Frosty picture Btown Denny?

Probably an obese, never was, who now enjoys watching very fit young guys run toward the locker room?

a new page means that we all quit acting like fools and stop the bad-mouthing and perhaps just say something constructive?

FrostyMitchell
Let's Compare
Iowa City West Boys Soccer
State Champs 2000, 2003, 2004 (2nd), 2005

Valley High School
State Champs 1996(National Champs), 1997, 2001, 2006,
Second Place 1995, 1999, 2002

Nice Try

Bballer:

Thanks for pointing out that since 2000, Iowa City West High has been the DOMINANT soccer school in 2A in IOWA. Appreciate your thoughfulness.

Have a Nice Day.

Originally posted by FrostyMitchell:
Bballer:

Thanks for pointing out that since 2000, Iowa City West High has been the DOMINANT soccer school in 2A in IOWA. Appreciate your thoughfulness.

Have a Nice Day.

It's not domination. City West has 3, Valley has 2, and Bettendorf has 1 in the given time span; not exactly domination, especially since City West won't win it this year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT