ADVERTISEMENT

Bettendorf vs. Iowa City West

lol.. I have a feeling this thread is going to be very popular for a while because of that comment. I do think Dowling and Valley are the top 2 teams in 2A as of now.. but anything could happen come tourny time.

why was this game not played yesterday and if it was were was it played because it was not at bett normal field

Originally posted by UFC Fighter:
why was this game not played yesterday and if it was were was it played because it was not at bett normal field

It was postponed because of the weather. I would assume that the field was in bad shape, but I don't know for sure. They made an announcement during school that it was postponed.

They will play on Wednesday.

yeah, games on wednesday. I assume the field was in bad shape because of the weather. And your funny baller, i guess we will see what happens.

Big game tonite, Bett had better play better than they did Monday against Dav Central, but I think they will rise to the challenge. They had only one game in before Monday night's game and I think they are still rusty.

Bett 3 - ICW 0

Pretty even game until 1/2 way thru the 2nd half and then the Bulldogs scored 3 goals in 5 - 10 minutes. Tyler Brewer caused a PK that Kyle McKenna scored on and then about 30 seconds later McKenna scored again off a nice Charlie Schwartz feed. Scott Willets finished the scoring with a goal not too long after that.

Bett played a lot better tonite than Monday against Central. A lot of season left but a very nice win against a great non-conference rival...

hawkeye denny forgot to mention that IC West controlled the ball, especially in the 2nd half, until the Referee's missed call on the PK changed the entire game.

it always seems like everyone "forgot to mention something" when IC West loses...

3-0 is a pretty convincing win from the looks of it. even with a missed pk, its still 2-0.

looks like a butt-whoopin to me!

I can't let Frosty's remark go unopposed. :) Yes, ICW always controls the ball more than their opponent and they do there little passes all over the field but they never get close to the goal. Nothing wrong with that approach but at some point they need to attack and from what I saw the other night, they don't have a good enough athlete up front this year to get the job done. Is anyone injured? If not, they better talk Jordan Stoermer into going back out for soccer, he was a "god" when he was middle school age.

As far as the PK, it was the right call and what surprised me most about the call was the fact that the usual very vocal ICW fans didn't get loud about it, they knew it was correct. Lord knows how loud they would have been if they remotely thought it was questionable. Anyway, it was a good game, the better team won on that night, and IMO both teams have some holes to shore up if they want to beat a team from the CIML in the semis or finals at state.

Originally posted by FrostyMitchell:
hawkeye denny forgot to mention that IC West controlled the ball, especially in the 2nd half, until the Referee's missed call on the PK changed the entire game.

It im not mistaken, West got two pk's is the state championship two years ago. Who was the ref? A IOWA CITY WEST graduate. How sweet it is to see the tide turned.

I wasn't going to mention that because it is old news and I forgot about it, but thanks for bringing that up. In fact the ref was dating a senior female soccer player at Iowa City West at the time, it was a huge conflict of interest and should of never been allowed to happen but the IAHSAA folks in Boone (Mr Anderson) didn't care seem to care when it was brought to their attention. Now of course, Bett could have played better, scored 2 goals and won the game without a ref deciding it, but they never and in soccer we all know that one goal means everything a lot of the time.

OK, I shouldn't of went back in time, back to this year. Does ICW or Bett play any of the strong DM area teams before the state tourney? It would be nice to see how they match up before state.
This post was edited on 4/23 7:19 AM by HawkeyeDennyif(GetAdminCookie() != 0) {document.write(' (Revisions[/URL])');}

What part of that post was hard to understand? Did you read the post directly before mine talking about the State Champion Game of 2005 between Bett and ICW being ref-fed by an ICW grad? :)

It im not mistaken, West got two pk's is the state championship two years ago. Who was the ref? A IOWA CITY WEST graduate. How sweet it is to see the tide turned.

YOU ARE MISTAKEN.........Do People from Bett just lie alot, or is there an education problem? I think the Ref to whom you refer is a CR Kennedy graduate.........

Check your Facts before YOU ARE WRONG BOZO

OK Frosty, maybe he wasn't an ICW grad, I didn't say he was, what I was saying is the ref, who was in his 20's was dating a senior girl in HS who played soccer for ICW. Do you dispute this or not?

Denny: So, let's see if I understand your assertion. Because the Ref, who is CONSIDERED ONE OF THE BEST SOCCER REFS in the state of Iowa, still today, was seeing a girl from that high school, your Bulldogs lost?????????

I'd say they lost, because they didn't ever get the ball in the net. Iowa CIty West did......In Fact, that game should have been 2-0, as IC West missed one other PK.

Bett had a great team that year, with Jackson, Angerer, Damian?, but on that day at the CHampionship, IC West was the better team. That is why they have the Trophy.

Frosty, please re-read the whole thread, all I said was that it was a conflict of interest for the head ref to ref a game for the state championship when he was dating a senior female soccer player at the same high school as one of the finalists. If you find me saying anything else, please let me know what it was...

Sounds like Sour Grapes to me. Would you B-towners, or whatever, like some cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeese to go with your Whine?

IOWA CITY WEST HIGH 2005 Boys State Champs

2003 Also

The only "sour grapes" was started by Frosty, who has still not confirmed or denied my conflict of interest question.

Originally posted by FrostyMitchell:
Sounds like Sour Grapes to me. Would you B-towners, or whatever, like some cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeese to go with your Whine?

IOWA CITY WEST HIGH 2005 Boys State Champs

2003 Also

You were the one that brought up the pk in this years game. You started the sour grapes there wendy's frosty.

We Can now certainly CONFIRM there's alot of SOUR GRAPES and pretty much a WHINE & CHEESE PITY PARTY related to 'B-towns' Loss to IC West in 2005.

That is CONFIRMED.

Do you want some cheese with your whine too, Frosty? Since you seemed to bring up the topic of botched PK's.

Let's finish this thread all, Frosty is obviously a young, immature individual who you cannot reason with and we just bring ourselves down to his level by responding at this point, agreed?

Didn't 'the Dogs' just get tied by a small 1A school from Iowa City?

Iowa City Regina 0, 'the Dogs' 0

Come on, if you are ranked #1 in 2A you don't let a small school do that to you.

Re: WHINE & Cheese party in B town

I renamed the thread, because B Towners have nothing more to say.

TROJAN POWER

Re: WHINE & Cheese party in B town

this is to all of you internet 12 year olds out there... shut the F up.

Re: WHINE & Cheese party in Iowa City

see below
This post was edited on 5/3 8:59 PM by btownballer0905if(GetAdminCookie() != 0) {document.write(' (Revisions[/URL])');}

the funny part about the whole thing is how frosty started the whole whining...he is obiviously very immature, somewhere around 10-11 years of age. Let us know when your balls drop and you grow some pubic hair.

'the funny part about the whole thing is how frosty started the whole whining...he is obiviously very immature, somewhere around 10-11 years of age. Let us know when your balls drop and you grow some pubic hair.'

No, the Funny Thing is EVERYONE can read that the WHINING began with Btwoner cryin about some Ref from 2 years ago. Then, another 'btowner' bold face lies in the thread and starts making threats.

You clowns need to WISE UP and realize there's a helluva lot more to life than Btown.

Have a nice weekend!

Frosty I re-read the thread like 10 times, why don't you do the same thing? Your first comment on the thread mentioned a 'missed PK' and then about 2 or 3 post later a Bettendorf person said something about the 2005 state title. Quit calling people liers, when you seem to be doing the same thing.

Why don't you go back to crying in your room because the Derby's left for City High and quit bugging people on this thread.

Re: Bettendorf vs. Iowa City West Edit | Reply

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BTOWNERS; You are confused. The PK I was referring to was in the game, this year, 2007, when the Ref who works for Bett High school made a call that gave Bett a free goal at their own field, this year.

There were no 'bad' calls in the 2005 Championship game. THere is alot of Whine & Cheese in B-town, evidenlty.

TROJANS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!2005 & 2003 Boys State Soccer Champions

I hope you guys know that accusations of bias against officials are a big part of why there are so few good ones that work Iowa High School games. We have several very very good officials in this state, and due in large part to the ignorance and unwarranted uninformed criticism those officials have in recent years been hesitant to even accept high school assignments. When they do its often only for smaller schools where the "egos" don't play as much a part. It's too bad, because we have 4 guys in this state who are working MLS and/or MLS Reserve matches, and all 4 are becoming very hesitant to continue working high school games.

As for whining (by anyone) about the 2005 state championship ref...perhaps some FACTS will get you all to finally drop the discussion before you give cause to ANOTHER of Iowas top officials to stop doing our games...

1) He had an ***EX*** girlfriend who was ***GRADUATED*** from West at the time of the game. If anything I would think that would bias him against West, not Bett. And sorry folks, but that ref is well on his way to working Pro games in the near future, he wouldn't throw that away by showing bias in something so insignificant (in the grand scheme of things) as a high school game.

2) The conflict was known to the IHSAA before the tournament, but West was not expected to make it to the Final that year, so any concern was discarded.

3) The ref tried to be removed from the game once the matchup was set, but the IHSAA did not have anyone else present who could handle the game.

4) A PK call less than 15 minutes into a game IS NOT an excuse in a 1-0 result. There were 65 minutes to score a goal that did not materialize.

Now, for the sake of all things normal, PLEASE, lets get off the refs backs unless we have something valid and legit to say. It's too bad that the "ignorance is bliss" attitude is so pervasive in high school soccer.
This post was edited on 5/7 9:06 PM by thatguy999if(GetAdminCookie() != 0) {document.write(' (Revisions[/URL])');}

Originally posted by thatguy999:
2) The conflict was known to the IHSAA before the tournament, but West was not expected to make it to the Final that year, so any concern was discarded.4) A PK call less than 15 minutes into a game IS NOT an excuse in a 1-0 result. There were 65 minutes to score a goal that did not materialize.

First off, number 2 is a terrible explanation. How can the IAHSAA make an assumption like that? If this is really true than that's bad, if someone was making that up I could understand. And second, Frosty made a comment about a bad PK call in this year's game, which led to this whole argument, that final score was 3-0, so his comment makes him seem like even more of a whiner. I'm not the one who made those accusations about the ref, but if you wanna complain over PK's it's tit-for-tat so I agree this should stop, because Betttendorf beat IC West weeks ago.

When the IHSAA (or ANY organization) is assigning officials, they do their best to look at likely matchups in various rounds to try and avoid conflicts. In the case of Iowa High School, they try to prevent refs from the same area of the state officiating teams from that area (especially if the opposing team is from another part of the state), etc, etc.

In 2005, West had a VERY difficult path at State, and some would probably say were lucky to make it past Valley in the Semis, so the IHSAA thought (probably with valid reason) that the likelihood of West in the final was remote.

This happens at ALL levels of the game (high school, college, professional, etc).

It's all a matter of playing the odds to get the best people on the best games - all while avoiding conflicts. Sometimes it backfires, though most times it works out well.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT