Dowling (pre-playoff era): Jerry Groom
Iowa City High: Tim Dwight
DM Roosevelt (pre-playoff era): Randy Duncan
Davenport Central: Craig brothers
Waterloo East (pre-playoff era): Jerry Moses
Clinton - David Johnson
Burlington - Mitch King
SEP - Kyle Orton

Cedar Falls: Ross Pierschbacher (very good chance will be drafted after Alabama)

It depends on your definition is. Is it just based on high school performance or the life of their football career? I.e. Waterloo East: Roby had a long NFL career as a top level punter, but Moses was the greatest player during East's epic run in the 1960s before injuries derailed his college career.

Sioux City North: Matt Chatham, earned three Super Bowl rings. One with the Rams and two with the Patriots.

Ames - For the person that played beyond High School Austen Arnaud but from what I have heard the best may have been Fred Hoiberg.

I think for Burlington it would be Tony Baker. 7 years in the NFL with one pro-bowl selection.

Indianola some might argue for Todd Blythe, but my vote is Casey Blake. Known for his baseball career, but also could have been a DI football player.

Indianola some might argue for Todd Blythe, but my vote is Casey Blake. Known for his baseball career, but also could have been a DI football player.

Same could be said in my opinion for Eric May at Dub Wahlert. Had a good basketball career at Iowa, but he definitely could have been a D1 qb.

Reactions: mtdew_fever
North Scott - Mike Busch. Was a 1st Team All-American for Iowa St at TE.

He decided not to pursue an NFL career after getting drafted for baseball and ended up having a brief stint playing for the LA Dodgers.

JJ Puk was pretty damn good for Wash. Rob Bruggeman as center was pretty special also.
Bruggeman broke our QB's (Thomae) jaw. I think it was Thomae's Junior year and the senior year he was the starter, because Thomae was in on defense at S. I think I was in 8th grade, maybe a Freshman.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT