ADVERTISEMENT

Best 1A kicker

Sep 19, 2014
I have to with Anthony Emanuel from South Winn this kid has an amazing leg on him. The only reason the kid doesn't have a touch back is because his coach tells him to keep in play. The kids kick is so high the kick team is sitting waiting for the returner to catch it. I would say Jacob Adam from Regina but he can't clutch when the game is close.

I have to say though no matter who the best kicker is in 1A, 2A Sam Poppen is way better then they will ever be.

As implied by my name, I am the king of kicking. I respect that Poppen kid because he uses the shoe. I think he may be the only one in the state so I give him props.

I cant agree more. Anthony Emanuel is clutch if you will. He has heart and leads his team. His stats may not show but he is defiantly there leader. I went to go watch him in the weight room and let me tell you what, his squats are amazing putting up 315 like it was nothing. He knows how to take advantage of each day.

So true Anthony is a machine and takes no days off and always gives 150%

He has no need for the shoe because he is already a good enough kicker without the shoe

Ik this is off topic but gotta give respect to Ethan Fink on the Blue Devils of West Central Kicking in 8 man is much harder then anything else and its alot harder to make the starting lineup in the 8 man as well and to get playing time on a high powered program like West Central

It's Jacob Adam from Regina. He's an All-State kicker from last season where he was 11/14 in FG's leading the Regals to another Championship. This season he has 18 kick offs, 10 of which are touchbacks with many of the rest being intentional squib kicks. He's had a slow start this season going 1/4 on FG's, but he'll end up putting up impressive numbers and continuing to be a real weapon for Regina that many teams don't have.
In comparison, Emanual hasn't attempted a FG yet this season and just 5 kickoffs with zero touchbacks.

Originally posted by Pinehawk:
It's Jacob Adam from Regina. He's an All-State kicker from last season where he was 11/14 in FG's leading the Regals to another Championship. This season he has 18 kick offs, 10 of which are touchbacks with many of the rest being intentional squib kicks. He's had a slow start this season going 1/4 on FG's, but he'll end up putting up impressive numbers and continuing to be a real weapon for Regina that many teams don't have.
In comparison, Emanual hasn't attempted a FG yet this season and just 5 kickoffs with zero touchbacks.
i am a happy with West Branch's kicker.

He may not be voted 1st team all state, but he is the best for the Bears. And that is what matters to me.

This post was edited on 9/19 11:10 AM by BlameIt

Of course you are. But Adam would still be an upgrade for any team in 1A.

And who can forget another amazing former Regina kicker? Daniel Murray with his last second kick to beat undefeated Penn St in 2008.

blankimage.png

Dang the picture didn't work.
This post was edited on 9/19 12:03 PM by Pinehawk

Of course you are. But Adam would still be an upgrade for any team in 1A.
what do you expect anyone outside of the Regina circle to say, Pine? :)

Jacob is a tremendous 1A kicker, with that I agree

Originally posted by puntdropper_56:
I have to with Anthony Emanuel from South Winn this kid has an amazing leg on him. The only reason the kid doesn't have a touch back is because his coach tells him to keep in play. The kids kick is so high the kick team is sitting waiting for the returner to catch it. I would say Jacob Adam from Regina but he can't clutch when the game is close.

I have to say though no matter who the best kicker is in 1A, 2A Sam Poppen is way better then they will ever be.
What are you basing this on? One game against Solon in which field conditions were poor, where his two misses were either partially blocked (I'm assuming this, since he got steamrolled by the Solon block team on the play and there were no flags) or from long range?

You might laugh at me but there is a kid from Woodard A that can bomb field goals. I think his number is 72. However, he does not do kickoffs.

I watched the kicker from South Tama tonight and he was sending ALL of his kick-offs through the end zone. Warming up he was hitting 50-yarders with ease consistently. Very impressive.

Yes, I know that is 2A, but he deserves credit.
This post was edited on 9/19 11:32 PM by UnionFootballFan

Saw my first West Lyon game of the year. They hammered Emetsburg. WL kicker freshman Snyder was very impressive. Kid had a couple touchbacks and extra points that the ball just jumps off his foot.

Originally posted by tm33_08:

What are you basing this on? One game against Solon in which field conditions were poor, where his two misses were either partially blocked (I'm assuming this, since he got steamrolled by the Solon block team on the play and there were no flags) or from long range?
Wow. That is something I will never hear from anybody else who has been to Solon's stadium. Not now, not ever.

Steven Jacobsen AHSTW. Missed a 52 yard field goal off of the left upright last year in the dome. Kicked a game winning 43 yarder last night.

I can't remember the kids name, (Roller sp?) but Grundy Center's kicker was very impressive on Friday. Drilled two kickoffs through the uprights and made a 36 yard FG that was good from 50+. Even non wind aided kickoffs were touchbacks.

Jacob Adam's stats from this past week.
5/5 on PAT's
1/1 on FG's (47 yards)
7 kick offs, 5 touch backs.

Impressive.

Well according to tm33_08 that Solon's TURF field was a mess from the rain, this was the only time Adam got an opportunity to show if he was clutch or not. To me he is the best kicker in the state and will prove you guys that thinks hes not wrong in the future.

No doubt he is a good kicker. But I have to saying that the turf field conditions were bad is sour grapes to me.

Originally posted by tigerpride_32:
The real question though is could Adam make the field goal when the game is on the line??
I'd rather have him taking that kick than any other 1A kicker, that's for sure. There aren't many other 1A teams that even have a realistic chance to convert a 47 yard field goal. Not to mention his impressive kick off to touch back ratio.

Originally posted by GarbageTime_11:
Well according to tm33_08 that Solon's TURF field was a mess from the rain, this was the only time Adam got an opportunity to show if he was clutch or not. To me he is the best kicker in the state and will prove you guys that thinks hes not wrong in the future.
The I didn't mean to say the turf was a mess. But even on artificial surfaces, rain definitely has an impact. And for crying out loud, the one legitimate miss he had was a long kick. I'm not going to hold it against a kid for missing a 50-yard kick.

Originally posted by tigerpride_32:
Agreed, but if he plans to kick at the D1 level he will have to start making big kicks.
When does he really get opportunities to do that? He's had one chance and it got blocked; on a chip shot field goal, that's almost always on the protection, not the kicker. If it had been a longer kick where maybe he had been trying to drive it and kicked it lower, you could put it on him.

And whether or not he kicks at the D1 level has zero bearing on whether he's the best kicker in 1A or not. He's the best, and it's not even close.

If we are looking at touchback stats only then the Burlington kicker is by far an away the best. Looking at quickstats the opposing team is downing it as soon as they take the field.

Originally posted by privateer13:
If we are looking at touchback stats only then the Burlington kicker is by far an away the best. Looking at quickstats the opposing team is downing it as soon as they take the field.
382 touchbacks on 12 kick offs?! That is very impressive.

Originally posted by privateer13:
Burlington is in 1A now?

Of course a Regina player is the best at his position. In fact Regina's starting units would be 1st Team All State every year if the selection committees didn't want to be nice about it and give some other kids recognition.

Pine just tellin' it like it is.

And who can forget another amazing former Regina kicker? Daniel Murray with his last second kick to beat undefeated Penn St in 2008.

blankimage.png

Daniel Murray kicked a bomb of a FG and caught a 35 yard hail mary with 18 seconds left to beat my cousin's DNH team 10-7 that was up 7-0 at half. I was at that game and it was a heck of a game to watch. Two absolute powerhouse defenses that shut down very solid offenses.

Kickoff wise... Adam is the best.

Des Moines Christian has a kid with slightly less of a leg but he is a accurate kicker within 45 yards.

You can argue that he's biased when it comes to other positions, but Adam really is the best kicker in 1A. The only kid who had a better percentage (among kickers with at least 10 attempts) last year was from Pleasant Valley (a 4A school), and Adam's longest kick was longer than that kid's.

Originally posted by maxstabs13:

Daniel Murray kicked a bomb of a FG and caught a 35 yard hail mary with 18 seconds left to beat my cousin's DNH team 10-7 that was up 7-0 at half. I was at that game and it was a heck of a game to watch. Two absolute powerhouse defenses that shut down very solid offenses.
I was at that game as well. It was a great game with an edge of your seat finish.

Jacob Adam's stats from last week:

7/7 on PAT's
1/1 on FG's (28 yd)
9 kick offs, 6 touchbacks

He's having another great year.

Big game for Iowa City Regina kicker Jacob Adam once again in the final week of the regular season:

8/8 on PAT's
9 kick offs, 8 were touch backs.
The only kick that wasn't a touch back was on a play where the player try to jump up and keep the ball from going into the end zone over his head, which he then fumbled and recovered at the 3 yard line.

More touch backs in a single game than many teams kickers will have all season...

For the season that puts Jacob at 63 kick offs, 42 touch backs. An incredible ratio.

Pinehawk makes me believe that everybody should forfeit and give Regina the title again.

Their K is doing some great things.

That's just special teams.

amazing!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT