ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball Thread

BKHusky

Varsity
Jun 30, 2005
Haven't really watched anybody but Bama so far, but this team isn't a threat at all to be the #1 overall seed like last year's team.

Should be good enough to be a tournament team, maybe even in the 4-6 seed range, but there's a pretty good dropoff from last year's team. Offensively this team will occasionally get hot and light some teams up, but the defense is going to be a YUGE dropoff from last year. You can't replace the Miller/Clowney/Bediako length with smaller and slower players and not have a drop off.

I don't want to read too much into a single early season loss, but this team has a lot of growing to do if they want to make any noise.

Agree. They got out muscled by Ohio State. A lot of young guys out there as well.

Yeah, the ceiling is definitely a lot lower this year. There's time for them to come together, but clearly this team will struggle with good competition.

Sears reminds me a bit of Shackelford. It wasn't as obvious last year when there were a lot of other options. Can put up some points on the right night, but is quite limited on the defensive end and goes out of control to the basket too often.

With that said, by historical Bama standards this should be a pretty fun season. I expect them to be a tourney team and will probably have a couple big wins throughout the season.

Reactions: dustinator
Haven't really watched anybody but Bama so far, but this team isn't a threat at all to be the #1 overall seed like last year's team.

Should be good enough to be a tournament team, maybe even in the 4-6 seed range, but there's a pretty good dropoff from last year's team. Offensively this team will occasionally get hot and light some teams up, but the defense is going to be a YUGE dropoff from last year. You can't replace the Miller/Clowney/Bediako length with smaller and slower players and not have a drop off.

I don't want to read too much into a single early season loss, but this team has a lot of growing to do if they want to make any noise.
I'll say your team is full of women killers...just in case it happens again. Otherwise, I agree with your assessment...unless you're wrong. Then, I disagree with your assessment.

I'll say your team is full of women killers...just in case it happens again. Otherwise, I agree with your assessment...unless you're wrong. Then, I disagree with your assessment.
@Tide Broker slayed a lot of women, so I’m not sure this is a terrible label. Unless you’re talking about some other event.

@Tide Broker slayed a lot of women, so I’m not sure this is a terrible label. Unless you’re talking about some other event.
Well....he's spent a lot of time in New Orleans slaying "women", so I'm not so sure his conquests in vans outside of the Tropical Isle are worth bragging about. Further, he's kind of crazy, so once he sobered up and realized that really big clit was a BBC, I can picture him killing someone.

Well....he's spent a lot of time in New Orleans slaying "women", so I'm not so sure his conquests in vans outside of the Tropical Isle are worth bragging about. Further, he's kind of crazy, so once he sobered up and realized that really big clit was a BBC, I can picture him killing someone.
True. Hope he’s ok.

• Haha
Reactions: dhetiger

A 4-6 seed? Do we need to buckle up for that or no? Asking for a mental patient that has been exiled to the Florida rivals board.

Err, still early in the season, but another ugly outing from Bama tonight. This post may have been optimistic.

Err, still early in the season, but another ugly outing from Bama tonight. This post may have been optimistic.
The post defense is not there like with Charles B. last year. Was hoping Pringle could handle the post but he is playing like a marshmellow right now. Hopefully Nate can put the mean drive into the players or it is going to be a long year.

Sears reminds me a bit of Shackelford. It wasn't as obvious last year when there were a lot of other options. Can put up some points on the right night, but is quite limited on the defensive end and goes out of control to the basket too often.

There’s bad takes, then there’s whatever this take was. Not sure what that dumbass was thinking.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT