ADVERTISEMENT

Austin beats Anderson

Jako18

Freshman
Jan 9, 2011
Not taking anything away from Ben, but this is big for Chandler and the Boone program!! Chandler has to be the favorite in 3A now doesn't he?!

Austin was the top returner from last year, so I guess he was probably the favorite to begin with. However, I don't know that anyone saw this coming this year. Major improvement over the summer. I'm not sure of the details on the race but I've heard he pushed the pace throughout only to be passed late and had to rally in the final stretch for the win, 15:26 to 15:29. Thats a tough way to win, especially against a runner with the ability that Anderson has. Fellow Boone junior, Albert Meier, finished 9th, meaning Boone returns 2 of the top 3 to that meet next year. Pretty impressive for such a big and star studded meet. It would be interesting to know some of what Austin has done to get to this level. Obviously he is quite talented and hopefully we see some even greater results over the next two years.

Eager to see Austin run Monday evening in Ballard after getting to see Steffensmeier a couple weeks ago at Prairie.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT