ADVERTISEMENT

Athlete talks Iowa State offer

LukeFeddersen

Jun 14, 2001
From TJ Hockenson of Chariton

How was your visit to Iowa State
“It was good and a lot of fun. The coaches were amazing. They had a family atmosphere there. I got my first offer as well. It was a lot of fun.”

How did they end up offering?
“I came in and we were walking with the coaches. The coaches were telling me they were glad to see me and I was glad to be there. I went to check in and the girl said hold on, coach wants to talk to you. I follow him into his office and I told him how much I liked the facilities and their program. After that is when he offered.”

What were the first thoughts going through your head?
“It was a big relief off my shoulders. I had worked so hard during all those early morning workouts and it paid off. I’m really happy Iowa State was my first one. That is where I feel where I am a part of the family and the program even though that is not quite yet.”

What was your favorite part of the trip?
“I loved the weight room and the guys. I talked to (Allen) Lazard along with a few others and they are a great group. They really know how to coach and the staff can help you develop into a good person. That is really something I am looking forward to in college.”

Will it mean more that they were the first to offer?
“I’ve always said that the first one would mean the most. It is a great feeling that they are willing to take a chance with me. It is the best feeling and I can’t believe it.”

When do you want to decide?
“I’m looking at maybe mid to beginning of the football season. I’m not really sure but that is what I am looking into.”

Is there any chance you decide soon?
“I’m definitely going to be doing my research. I haven't found anything bad about Iowa State. They really know how to treat me and I feel welcomed there. My parents were in Arizona so they were there for the experience.”

What was the reaction from your parents when you told them?
“They were supportive of me and started tearing up. It was a really proud moment for them.”

What is next for you visit wise?
“I’m going to K-State on the 28th. Obviously I’m going back to Iowa State with my parents to talk to the coaches. I’ll go there quite a bit to get the feel.”

This post was edited on 2/15 8:27 PM by LukeFeddersen

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News