Reasoned

All District
Oct 25, 2017
…Joe needs a bishop to give him an ultimatum, either follow doctrine…or

buh-bye-buh-bye-gif.gif

Reactions: Reasoned
…Joe needs a bishop to give him an ultimatum, either follow doctrine…or

buh-bye-buh-bye-gif.gif

But you eat pork -even though you said that you follow the teachings. It is unclean in the Apocrypha…. So do you comply? … or go to confession after a good BBQ?

Deut. 14. [8] And the swine, because it divideth the hoof, yet cheweth not the cud, it is unclean unto you: ye shall not eat of their flesh, nor touch their dead carcase.

BTW.. do you follow to “Book of Enoch”?? that was some creepy shit about the Nephalim. Do you believe it to be true?

Last edited:
“It is not what enters the mouth that defiles the person, but what comes out of the mouth, this defiles the person.” Mt 15:11

Last edited:
But you eat pork -even though you said that you follow the teachings. It is unclean in the Apocrypha…. So do you comply? … or go to confession after a good BBQ?

Deut. 14. [8] And the swine, because it divideth the hoof, yet cheweth not the cud, it is unclean unto you: ye shall not eat of their flesh, nor touch their dead carcase.

BTW.. do you follow to “Book of Enoch”?? that was some creepy shit about the Nephalim. Do you believe it to be true?
It’s unclean in the traditional bible too; Leviticus for example.... don’t act like there’s special shiz in the books of the Apocrypha that has anything that separate Catholic faith from any other. Most Catholics have never even read/heard of any of the mostly historical content of the Apocrypha, except a reading from Old Testament Maccabees II that comes up every three years, or an optional passage from Old Testament Tobit that comes up during weddings

You are apparently ignorant of what little there is in those books

Does the new testament say that pork is unclean? I'm not Catholic but I don't recall ever seeing it in my Bible.

In Acts specifically it addresses this iirc.

Reactions: Orange_N_White
Does the new testament say that pork is unclean? I'm not Catholic but I don't recall ever seeing it in my Bible.

I believe there is a bit in Galatians about it as well, where Paul was admonishing the church in Galatia for following the Law vs. the new Covenant.

Edit: Reviewing, it's most of the content of Galatians, in fact.

Last edited:
Reactions: BamaFan1137

New Testament chief

And ya don’t have to cut your peepee!!!
Reminds me of the last trip through Galatians on Bible study. Got in to a discussion about baptism, if you only had to be baptized once, etc.

Pastor: “You only have to be baptized once just like you can only be circumcised once.”

One of the other guys: “Well some of us have more to work with than others!”

🤣

No, the way I have been taught in a nutshell (without getting lost in the scripture weeds), Jesus is the “new and everlasting covenant” between God and man, and thus he came “to fulfill the law, not abolish it”. So although as Christians we are not bound to the Deuteronomic Code (the many laws which applied to ancient Hebrews) we are all bound to the Moral Code (the Ten Commandments). Tried to keep it brief and non-preachy 😊

Reactions: BamaFan1137
Eat pork, drink allot of alcohol and do all the drugs you want. The New Testament says all you’ve gotta do is believe. Plus, who wants to live long enough to be in a nursing home with some weirdo male nurse checking your dik 5 times a day?

Reminds me of the last trip through Galatians on Bible study. Got in to a discussion about baptism, if you only had to be baptized once, etc.

Pastor: “You only have to be baptized once just like you can only be circumcised once.”

One of the other guys: “Well some of us have more to work with than others!”

🤣
You don’t even have to be baptized ( or sprinkled) even once. Christ said to the two thieves beside him on the cross “ this day thou shalt be with me in paradise. “

BTW- don’t take it personally- I love to troll religious zealots too with contradictions in scriptures and the interpretations by various religions.

Eat pork, drink allot of alcohol and do all the drugs you want. The New Testament says all you’ve gotta do is believe. Plus, who wants to live long enough to be in a nursing home with some weirdo male nurse checking your dik 5 times a day?
Ditto… I say a good greasy BBQ and cold brew followed by some good weed is a pretty religious experience for me.

No, the way I have been taught in a nutshell (without getting lost in the scripture weeds), Jesus is the “new and everlasting covenant” between God and man, and thus he came “to fulfill the law, not abolish it”. So although as Christians we are not bound to the Deuteronomic Code (the many laws which applied to ancient Hebrews) we are all bound to the Moral Code (the Ten Commandments). Tried to keep it brief and non-preachy 😊
Yeah well that’s the opinion of the Popes throughout history. They decided which books were personally OKd by them to include in various versions of the Bible.

So IYO Which Pope finally got it right for the King James Version?

How far does that deviate from the original Hebrew script? There have been hundreds of translations as the books( scrolls) changed hands every time Jerusalem was sacked… then by the monasteries where they were hidden and recopied in whatever language prevailed in that monastery - usually Latin, sometimes Germanic and Anglican.

Should all the Lost books - including translations of the Dead Sea Scrolls be published.

I’m personally calling for a reboot from earliest documents without the influence of the Vatican.

That would be a convenient had Jesus not made so many references to the Deuteronomic Code.

And those here who are not circumcised are going straight to Hell!!

You don’t even have to be baptized ( or sprinkled) even once. Christ said to the two thieves beside him on the cross “ this day thou shalt be with me in paradise. “

BTW- don’t take it personally- I love to troll religious zealots too with contradictions in scriptures and the interpretations by various religions.
Agreed - that really the discussion that day, or part of it anyway.

🤔 well, there is that

Yeah well that’s the opinion of the Popes throughout history. They decided which books were personally OKd by them to include in various versions of the Bible.
Nah, Council of Rome, Hippo etc., have established that about 1700 years ago.
So IYO Which Pope finally got it right for the King James Version?
Still missing 7 books 😉
How far does that deviate from the original Hebrew script? There have been hundreds of translations as the books( scrolls) changed hands every time Jerusalem was sacked… then by the monasteries where they were hidden and recopied in whatever language prevailed in that monastery - usually Latin, sometimes Germanic and Anglican.

Should all the Lost books - including translations of the Dead Sea Scrolls be published.
I’ll leave questions regarding translations to The Church magisterium, above my pay grade. I don’t care if all books are “published” but that doesn’t mean they belong in the Bible.
I’m personally calling for a reboot from earliest documents without the influence of the Vatican.
Go for it.
That would be a convenient had Jesus not made so many references to the Deuteronomic Code.
Of course he would…..he was a Jew after all.
And those here who are not circumcised are going straight to Hell!!
Well, I’ll leave that judgement to the “zealots” you enjoy poking. 🙂

Nah, Council of Rome, Hippo etc., have established that about 1700 years ago.

Still missing 7 books 😉

I’ll leave questions regarding translations to The Church magisterium, above my pay grade. I don’t care if all books are “published” but that doesn’t mean they belong in the Bible.

Go for it.

Of course he would…..he was a Jew after all.

Well, I’ll leave that judgement to the “zealots” you enjoy poking. 🙂
Great response. I’ll add that I have the NIV study bible that goes back to all of the earliest scripture sources, without Catholic influence or any single denominational influence, and the language differences to the same books in a Catholic bible are negligible …. So anyone somehow making hay about how the Catholic bible is vastly different is just FOS

I will say I do like the NIV bible a lot, as it’s use of timelines and contemporary non-scripture witnesses is awesome

Great response. I’ll add that I have the NIV study bible that goes back to all of the earliest scripture sources, without Catholic influence or any single denominational influence, and the language differences to the same books in a Catholic bible are negligible …. So anyone somehow making hay about how the Catholic bible is vastly different is just FOS

I will say I do like the NIV bible a lot, as it’s use of timelines and contemporary non-scripture witnesses is awesome
I might have the same one. I also like referring to the KJV, as in some places it has a translation closer to the original Hebrew/Greek.

Reactions: IrishPokerDog

I think it’s important to note that after the Council of Rome (late fourth century) “the Bible” New Testament canon as we now know it was established and remained relatively uncontested until Martin Luther et al. in the middle sixteenth century.

I'm a Southern Baptist, troll away. The dunk doesn't matter beyond accepting Christ before the church. If you're unwilling to do it, that might suggest an issue but that issue would be between you and God, not me and the Southern Baptist Convention.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT