ADVERTISEMENT

Any truth to this rumor?

Oct 23, 2008
Are the kids that play for both IC West and EIU planning to play HS soccer this spring? I've heard speculation that some of these players are considering not playing HS soccer in an effort to contend at Regionals with their EIU team. That would change the outlook of the 2010 season for sure.

In other words, if all the best player in the state, from the defending State Champs, play club, then another school might have a chance, next year?

LOL

Nope. Pretty sure that is not what I wrote. Nice humble interpretation though.

I think Ames proved in the final that there are a handful of teams in this state that can play with IC West. Ames was arguably the 3rd or 4th best team from Central Iowa last year and they gave West all they could handle in that championship match. I don't mean to discredit Ames, they peaked at the right time and were playing their best soccer at the end of the season. In fact, if Ames didn't have that goal called back in the final on a phantom call the outcome could have been very different.

IC West has raised the bar for boys soccer in Iowa over the past 4-5 years, but I don't think they are by any means in a league of their own.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT