ADVERTISEMENT

An article worth reading and reflecting on.

Very good article... if not sad and discouraging. I think the dilemma he illustrates built around John Adams observation.. "Our Constitution was made for a moral and religious People. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.”... has come to fruition.

Further, how does a Constitution built around the God of Abraham's 'spirituality' (or religion) exist when most of the governed no longer believe, aka...

Justice William Douglas observed in Zorach v. Clauson that “[we] are a religious people whose institutions presuppose a Supreme Being.” But what if those institutions that presuppose God are administered by and serve people who are not religious? Does that Constitution still even make sense? The answer is no.

Personally I think its just a matter of time before we see the break up of the union. It will probably split up btw what we see as conservative areas vs. liberal (red/blue states). Texas has a pretty strong 'Texit' program and it looks like there will be some legislation from them on the ballot positioning TX as eligible to take necessary steps towards succession if in fact the population voted for it. (I love how legal scholars say it's impossible for TX to do so since there are LAWS that prevent it... LOL; Chicago has LAWS against owning handguns....woowoo).

I'm not sure there is another solution.

Very good article... if not sad and discouraging. I think the dilemma he illustrates built around John Adams observation.. "Our Constitution was made for a moral and religious People. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.”... has come to fruition.
Excellent observation, and I concur that this is the crux of the problem.
Further, how does a Constitution built around the God of Abraham's 'spirituality' (or religion) exist when most of the governed no longer believe, aka...

Justice William Douglas observed in Zorach v. Clauson that “[we] are a religious people whose institutions presuppose a Supreme Being.” But what if those institutions that presuppose God are administered by and serve people who are not religious? Does that Constitution still even make sense? The answer is no.
Agreed, and the left has said this time and again.
Personally I think its just a matter of time before we see the break up of the union. It will probably split up btw what we see as conservative areas vs. liberal (red/blue states). Texas has a pretty strong 'Texit' program and it looks like there will be some legislation from them on the ballot positioning TX as eligible to take necessary steps towards succession if in fact the population voted for it. (I love how legal scholars say it's impossible for TX to do so since there are LAWS that prevent it... LOL; Chicago has LAWS against owning handguns....woowoo).

I'm not sure there is another solution.
Again, spot on with your analysis. We are already beginning to see geographic balkanization, driven by political preferences.

Now more than ever I pray that God looks over my household, my friends and family, to protect us from whatever is in front of us. For I fear it’s not good, and only He can protect us from what’s to come.

• Love
Reactions: Reasoned
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT