ADVERTISEMENT

Ames tourney blog this weekend?

dmlawdad

Varsity
Jan 11, 2003
Any chance the blog will be going in Ames this weekend for the Bett v SEP dual like last weekend?
This post was edited on 1/25 8:53 PM by dmlawdad

Maybe Hawks1010 will be there and post to his twitter account. I've followed his "tweets" a couple times this year and he's done a very nice job.

You're right. I should just go to Ames. If I can't make it I would appreciate some updates.

what is up with the Taylor kid from fort dodge is he going to wrestle in ames, is he wrestling at conf, i have not heard much about him

Talked to a Ft Dodge coach last weekend Taylor should be a go very soon if not tonight.

I will be in Ames this weekend for the match. @critterk10

Thanks for the kind words SEPRamfan!
This post was edited on 1/26 5:24 PM by Hawks1010

I'll be checking Twitter often on Saturday. Appreciate the tweets. Best part is it's on my phone so I can see the posts no matter where I'm at or what I'm doing.

SEP wins over Bett 34-29. Thanks to Hawks1010 for posting via twitter. I'll repost his tweets below for a match by match summary...

Looks like they are starting @ 138 Dittmer vs C Ryan

Fall for Connor Ryan of Bett puts Bett up 6-0 after first match

145 - Chrismore SEP vs Hernandez Bett

Hernandes fall makes it 12-0 Bettendorf. Looks like Blackford vs Bett JV kid

Blackford fall. SEP trails 12-6 after 3 matches

Miklus SEP vs Chase Bett @ 160. Rematch of cheesehead match Miklus won 7-6

Miklus goes from being on his back in the 2nd to a fall in the 3rd. SEP tied with Bett 12-12 after 160

170- Meyer SEP over Vance Bett 3-1. SEP leads dual 15-12

Casey Marnin SEP vs Bryan Levsen Bett @ 182

Levsen Bett 13-11 ot winner at 182. Bett and SEP tied 15 after 6 matches

195 - Bud Smith SEP vs Keaton Jurevitz Bett

Smith 10-4 dec at 195 SEP leads 18-15

220 - games being played between coaches. Bryce Fisher SEP vs Cavanagh Bett

220 - Fisher with the 5-2 dec SEP leads 21-15

Miklus wins at Hwt 4-0 over JV kid from Bett. SEP leads 24-15

Meyer losing turns the tide and pins Schwarm. SEP leads 30-15. big turnaround there

113- Fredy Stroker Bett vs Keegan Shaw SEP

Stroker TF over Shaw. SEP leads 30-20 after 113. 3 matches remain

Swarm fall over Parsons. Bett closes the gap 30-26. 2 matches left. 126- Cory Clark vs Jacob Woodard

Clark over Woodard 14-2. that locks it up for the Rams. one match left. Team Score is 34-26

L Ryan 9-7 win at 132 closes things out. SEP wins superdual 34-29. Congrats to both teams on a great dual

Congtrats to the Rams. Was Shaw injured/sick or did they just not want him to wrestle Miklus?

Shaw has a bad neck. He would have gone if he could have. Since Bett won the flip, it would have been smart to send Shaw out vs. Fischer instead of Willie.

Congrats to SEP on a never give up attitude. Little Meyer and Little Miklus came up big and showed a lot of heart in their come from behind pins.

SEP fans were truly nothing but class in their victory and hope Bett was in defeat.

Sounds like a great meet to watch and the fans were well behaved. As a MAC fan, it will be interesting to see if Bett can reverse the momentum and confidence before state that SEP now has after the last two weekends.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT