ADVERTISEMENT

5A

That was the hardest part of trying to put this scenario together.
They're the only two I can think of but they both get a fair amount of students from Cedar Rapids because the city has grown into those districts over the years.
And if CRW ever gets back to their former selves, they'd be an interesting addition in the new 4A. Since Paul James went to Linn Mar, CRW had been awful. They really need some new blood at the top.

Reactions: franky1967
Meant to to place suburban after the DM in the sentence..Cedar Rapids area schools seem to have parity unlike Des Moines

also, eliminate 8 man. football is meant to be played by 11 men, and 8 seems odd to me..

also, eliminate 8 man. football is meant to be played by 11 men, and 8 seems odd to me..
You will never eliminate 8 man football, that concept was around almost 60yrs ago. There would be no advantage of doing so and does not affect any of the other classes

I think you take the top 24 based on school population. Take into account free and reduced lunch. I believe Minnesota counts each free/reduced lunch student as .5 for their classification numbers. What this does is it takes into account the kids that are unable to play sports because they may be working after school to help their family pay the bills. Oddly enough, you get 12 from the east and 12 from the west for 5A:

5A Football
District 1

Valley; Waukee; Johnston; Southeast Polk; Urbandale; Des Moines East

District 2
Dowling; Centennial; Ankeny; Waukee NW; DM Lincoln; DM Roosevelt

District 3
Bett; CR Prairie; IC West; Wat West; Dub Senior; CR Jefferson

District 4
Cedar Falls; CR Kennedy; P Valley; Dub Hempstead; IC High; Linn-Mar

4A Football
District 1

CR Xavier; CR Washington; IC Liberty; Dav West; Waterloo East

District 2
Pella; Newton; Ottumwa; DM Hoover; Marion

District 3
Lewis Central; SC Heelan; SC East; LeMars; SC West

District 4
Norwalk; Indianola; Ames; SC North; DM North

District 5
North Scott; Clear Creek; Muscatine; Dav North; Burlington

District 6
DC-Grimes; Carroll; CBTJ; CBAL; Denison

District 7
Waverly; Storm Lake; Mason City; Fort Dodge; Marshalltown

District 8
Western Dubuque; Assumption; Clinton; Dav Central; Fort Madison

They're the only two I can think of but they both get a fair amount of students from Cedar Rapids because the city has grown into those districts over the years.
And if CRW ever gets back to their former selves, they'd be an interesting addition in the new 4A. Since Paul James went to Linn Mar, CRW had been awful. They really need some new blood at the top.

Coach Blue is a great coach. The success James had when he replaced Lombardi was a lot of kids that Lombardi had been working with since they were in elementary. You can't forget how good of a football coach was there and the work he put in. James left when Dr. Plagman left and that is the difference. Dr. Plagman put an emphasis on football and did every thing he could to support the program. Coach Blue will be fine.

4A Football
District 1

CR Xavier; CR Washington; IC Liberty; Dav West; Waterloo East

District 2
Pella; Newton; Ottumwa; DM Hoover; Marion

District 3
Lewis Central; SC Heelan; SC East; LeMars; SC West

District 4
Norwalk; Indianola; Ames; SC North; DM North

District 5
North Scott; Clear Creek; Muscatine; Dav North; Burlington

District 6
DC-Grimes; Carroll; CBTJ; CBAL; Denison

District 7
Waverly; Storm Lake; Mason City; Fort Dodge; Marshalltown

District 8
Western Dubuque; Assumption; Clinton; Dav Central; Fort Madison

I actually like what you've come up with for 5A and think that could work.

I like the use of free/reduced lunch. I just don't think it fits with some of the district opponents.

I think you'd have to take geography into account for having schools likes Hoover playing Marion and SC North playing Indianola. But I think this is a good primer for what should probably happen.

5A Football
District 1

District 2

District 3

District 4

Great Split for Football, Just wondering about other sports as well? How does it work in other states?

5A Football
District 1

District 2

District 3

District 4

Great Split for Football, Just wondering about other sports as well? How does it work in other states?
They will never disband conferences for district's for the other sports.

Take the biggest/ best big schools 16 teams 8 Metro 8 Eastern 2 districts they play their district and 2 crossover games
All make playoffs or could go top 8 best 4 from each using RPI
If go 16 Use RPI and go straight seeds

Metro-- Valley, Wuakee, Johnston, SEP, Cent, Ank, Dowling, WNW
East--Lin Mar, Kennedy, Waterloo West??, Hemp, CRP, CF, Bett, LIberty/City/west???

Split the rest of the state east/west 4a on down

Current 4a is a different animal all classes don't need to be treated the same

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT