#4 North Scott vs. #5 Waukee
#2 DM Hoover vs. #7 Ames
#3 Pleasant Valley vs. #6 CR Kennedy

Linn Mar comeback scenario..

#1 ICW vs. #8 SCN
#4 NS vs. #5 Linn Mar
#2 DMH vs. #7 Ames
#3 PV vs. #6 Waukee

Kennedy wins it 58-54... Sounded on the radio like the Kennedy was getting out of control... Between the screaming coach and something being thrown on the floor... They were lucky to not receive technical's for both of those things.

Originally posted by Hawkfreak2k15:
Wow... bottom bracket is awful.
Outside of ICW I don't think any team is superior to another. I do think SCN is definitely the worst in. Thus, the bracket is pretty well balanced.

My predictions...
ICW
Waukee--- Not surprised if North Scott wins
DM Hoover
Pleasant Valley--- Not surprised if Kennedy wins

PV getting the 3 is a joke. If ICW doesn't win it all, I'll be surprised. All final 3 Mr.Basketball candidates are in the top bracket (Jacobson, Tillo, Seales)

PV getting the 3 is a joke. If ICW doesn't win it all, I'll be surprised. All final 3 Mr.Basketball candidates are in the top bracket (Jacobson, Tillo, Seales)
PV lost by 5 to North Scott without its best player...

Sad that the CIML gets 3 teams to state and the MVC only 2, when the MVC was by far the best conference in the state. Kennedy, Linn-Mar and CF were all better than Ames.

PV had the easiest schedule I've ever seen. News flash, they still lost the game. I don't care if it was by 50 pts or 1 point. I saw them play @ Dubuque Senior and was not impressed. Creating an easy schedule does allow for better seeding in both Substate and State. We'll see if it pays off for them. I wish them the best of luck!

PV had the easiest schedule I've ever seen. News flash, they still lost the game. I don't care if it was by 50 pts or 1 point. I saw them play @ Dubuque Senior and was not impressed. Creating an easy schedule does allow for better seeding in both Substate and State. We'll see if it pays off for them. I wish them the best of luck!
Of course they don't look impressive. There strategy is to play the game with as few possessions as possible. They slow the tempo so they can get back on defense and use the size they have to an advantage. 6'8 Milam can't run the floor the entire game. They have allowed 1 50+ point game this year and it was a 70-51 win over Central.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT