ADVERTISEMENT

4A Race this year

Rudderless

Freshman
Mar 5, 2009
Looks to me like it's a three-way race between Dowling (Schweitzer's good for 40 at state) and the quality depth of Waukee and Cedar Falls. Would be pretty impressive for Waukee to pull off another after what they lost last year.

Am I missing somebody else?

Looks to me like it's a three-way race between Dowling (Schweitzer's good for 40 at state) and the quality depth of Waukee and Cedar Falls. Would be pretty impressive for Waukee to pull off another after what they lost last year.

Am I missing somebody else?
Cedar Falls is the team to beat in 4A
Don't know about the other classes

Cedar Falls is the team to beat in 4A
Don't know about the other classes

Prairie is gaining potential to be a trophy contender. CR Kennedy will clean house in field events so you won't see them coming until it's too late. They have a good shuttle and are looking to pull some things together on the track. Pleasant Valley is finding some balance. Waukee has tons of kids out but holes to fill. They may not arrive till May. Linn Mar has some good stuff and big point potential in a state meet setting. Ames has a good Invitational team at the moment but crossing the top 3 trophy line is never as easy as people think.

Prairie is gaining potential to be a trophy contender. CR Kennedy will clean house in field events so you won't see them coming until it's too late. They have a good shuttle and are looking to pull some things together on the track. Pleasant Valley is finding some balance. Waukee has tons of kids out but holes to fill. They may not arrive till May. Linn Mar has some good stuff and big point potential in a state meet setting. Ames has a good Invitational team at the moment but crossing the top 3 trophy line is never as easy as people think.
On Wings
Would you include Cedar Falls in that mix? Seem like they have good balance of Mid Distance and Sprinters.

On Wings
Would you include Cedar Falls in that mix? Seem like they have good balance of Mid Distance and Sprinters.
They are loaded for bear! I was just piling on the CF/WDM-D campaign. They should be the top 2 teams. IF Schweitzer is injured, the teams I listed just start filling holes and making the run for a trophy really interesting.

They are loaded for bear! I was just piling on the CF/WDM-D campaign. They should be the top 2 teams. IF Schweitzer is injured, the teams I listed just start filling holes and making the run for a trophy really interesting.
I just took a closer look as more stats are being entered. Kennedy, CR Prairie, Cedar Falls, PV all look to be very strong this year.

I just took a closer look as more stats are being entered. Kennedy, CR Prairie, Cedar Falls, PV all look to be very strong this year.
Yep, long way to go from here. Just getting started actually. Throw in 400 LH, discus and Sprint relays and all of a sudden you have a lot of work to do and things to figure out over the next month.

Yep, long way to go from here. Just getting started actually. Throw in 400 LH, discus and Sprint relays and all of a sudden you have a lot of work to do and things to figure out over the next month.
Scoring in sprint relays with depth and having that hammer in a couple open events is tough to overcome. Especially of you have a top sprinter and distance athlete. Throw in some field event points and it's like driving the final nails into the coffin. Hard to achieve true balance in a championship level meet but Waukee did that last year about as well as I ever remember.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT