ADVERTISEMENT

3A playoff games

NWIowaSioux

Freshman
Feb 22, 2017
Not much talk about 3A playoffs going on. All games are “projected” to be a 14+ point victory for the favorite. What games are you excited to watch

Independence 8 - 1 @ Benton Comm. 8 - 1 Should be a good one

ADM, Adel 7 - 2 @ Nevada 8 -1

Can't wait for some of the second round match ups!

Independence is going to roll Benton. I've seen Benton Play in week 1, they got beat by a Grinnell team that was missing their Leading Defender LB.

Winner of ADM/Nevada gets to travel to Harlan next week... doubt anyone (except the Harlan homers) is looking forward to that.

The 2nd round in 3A should be really good, however the first round doesn't appeal to me at all, maybe ADM at Nevada but I think Nevada should win comfortably.

After looking at B.C. schedule they did only beat 3 teams with a winning record so i guess we will see.
"Harlan Homers"?? Don't like Harlan i take it.

Get tired of Ronss babbling about Harlan....but they will have zero issues with this pod.
yea..i quess i get carried away with it.....sorry`......cyclone hall getting interest from iowa and iowa state, i knew he was good but did not know he was that good. ..so there are 2 d1 plers on the team..hall is a jr........4a is were it could be interesting....i wonder if north scott is not the favorite

Last edited:
yea..i quess i get carried away with it.....sorry`......hall getting interest from iowa and iowa state...so there are 2 d1 plers on the team..hall is a jr........4a is were it could be interesting....i wonder if north scott is not the favorite
It's all good Ron!

What I thought was not good - but GREAT - was that Harlan's JV team kept Ballard's 1st team out of the end zone for 4 downs and shut them down. Too bad the Ballard coach didn't replace his Varsity O Line and thought more about trying to score against the JV D line of Harlan. Loved it.

Reactions: JB Football
What a game at Nevada, I heard it was their first home playoff win for them. Good luck to them against Harlan.
Decorah with what seems like a huge upset in 4A, wow, congrats to them! Who do you think wins 3A quarter round games?

BHRV

Humboldt

West Delaware

Harlan Comm.

these are my picks.... Independence looks pretty good tho, could pull the upset on Humboldt

yea..i quess i get carried away with it.....sorry`......cyclone hall getting interest from iowa and iowa state, i knew he was good but did not know he was that good. ..so there are 2 d1 plers on the team..hall is a jr........4a is were it could be interesting....i wonder if north scott is not the favorite
I've seen Harlan play Grinnell and West Delaware Play Grinnell this season. I've also seen Solon and Benton Play Grinnell this season. Based off of my first hand observations.
1. Obviously Benton was several notches lower than the other 3.
2. Solon isn't on the same level as WD or Harlan
3. West Delaware doesn't seem to be at the same level of play as Harlan. WD doesn't seem to have much of a passing game. Voelker is a great linebacker but a lumbering clunky running back.
a. Harlan's line is the most disciplined offensive line I have ever seen in HS football. WD is pretty much an above-average HS line with nothing that jumped out at me.
b. Harlan's skill players (#2?) are really good.
c. McLaughlin isn't anywhere near as good as Voelker at linebacker...but I think Mclaughline is playing D end?

Kasperbauer, Frame, Birch, and Moser are the reason why I put Harlan on a different level that WD. I know there are other teams left in 3A but these are the 4 playoff teams for 3A I have witnessed in person.

I've seen Harlan play Grinnell and West Delaware Play Grinnell this season. I've also seen Solon and Benton Play Grinnell this season. Based off of my first hand observations.
1. Obviously Benton was several notches lower than the other 3.
2. Solon isn't on the same level as WD or Harlan
3. West Delaware doesn't seem to be at the same level of play as Harlan. WD doesn't seem to have much of a passing game. Voelker is a great linebacker but a lumbering clunky running back.
a. Harlan's line is the most disciplined offensive line I have ever seen in HS football. WD is pretty much an above-average HS line with nothing that jumped out at me.
b. Harlan's skill players (#2?) are really good.
c. McLaughlin isn't anywhere near as good as Voelker at linebacker...but I think Mclaughline is playing D end?

Kasperbauer, Frame, Birch, and Moser are the reason why I put Harlan on a different level that WD. I know there are other teams left in 3A but these are the 4 playoff teams for 3A I have witnessed in person.
nice u get to see all those games...u see them online?
some think Boyden-Hull/Rock Valley can beat harlan, not sure about that

nice u get to see all those games...u see them online?
some think Boyden-Hull/Rock Valley can beat harlan, not sure about that
In person for all of them. Imnguessing the WD game is online. I know Harlan does live stream as well. O migjt have to have both TVs gping in the Garage this friday. It will be my first football Friday as a parent without a current HS football player since 2012

In person for all of them. Imnguessing the WD game is online. I know Harlan does live stream as well. O migjt have to have both TVs gping in the Garage this friday. It will be my first football Friday as a parent without a current HS football player since 2012
wow.....must of had a lot of boys.........i know coach bladt , cyclone coach, has some coming up through the grades....i have see all of harlan,s games, and many other western iowa teams . the east side of the state, nothing. i am not sure where to look

hey ronsss, i know you like your Harlan statistics and i read an article the other day that said Harlans O-line only allowed one sack against Kasperbauer all season and did not allow one in the first round playoff game. That is impressive.

wonder if it would not be paried like this in 3a
harlan vs humblot
bhrv vs solon

saw the later part of west delaware game..they shot themselves in the foot..they should have won the game, had the lead late in 4th, and then that block kick that was returned for a td

hey ronsss, i know you like your Harlan statistics and i read an article the other day that said Harlans O-line only allowed one sack against Kasperbauer all season and did not allow one in the first round playoff game. That is impressive.
that is true..about the sacks...and they are not that big either...most of them around 205.....looks like it could be bhrv vs harlan.....be cool to have it decided by the west....harlan and bhrv have tough opponents, see what happens

Winner of ADM/Nevada gets to travel to Harlan next week... doubt anyone (except the Harlan homers) is looking forward to that.
ghost 80, what town are u from? just curious...i went to harlan in high school, now live in phoenix

see if bhrv can win the big one..they allways seem to be on the loosing end when the big game comes along..i would say solon and bhrv is a big one

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT