Varsity
Aug 15, 2010
Check Your Own (playing for pride)

1 point per 1st round
2 points per 2nd
4 per semifinal
8 for finals
Tiebreaker total points in finals

You have to reseed your quarterfinal winners to play in the dome.

1st Round

Bracket A

Bishop Heelan, S.C. (7-2) at Sergeant Bluff-Luton (8-1)- SBL

Spencer (7-2) at Norwalk (6-3)- Spencer

Bracket B

Carroll (6-3) at Lewis Central (9-0)- Lewis Central

Harlan (7-2) at Oskaloosa (8-1)- Oskaloosa

Bracket C

Pella (8-1) at Xavier, Cedar Rapids (9-0)- Xavier

Clear Creek-Amana (8-1) at Decorah (7-2)- Decorah

Bracket D

Epworth, Western Dubuque (7-2) at Solon (9-0)- Western Dubuque

Waverly-Shell Rock (8-1) at North Scott (8-1)- North Scott

2nd Round

Spencer @ SBL- SBL
Oskaloosa @ Lewis Central- Lewis Central
Decorah @ Xavier- Xavier
Western Dubuque @ North Scott- North Scott

Semifinals

SBL vs. North Scott- North Scott
Xavier vs. Lewis Central- Lewis Central

Championship

Lewis Central vs. North Scott- Lewis Central

Total Points: 73

2nd Round

Spencer @ SBL- Spencer
Harlan @ Lewis Central- Lewis Central
Decorah @ Xavier- Xavier

Semifinals

Spencer vs. Lewis Central - Lewis Central
Xavier vs. North Scott - North Scott

Championship

Total Points: 66

Last edited:
Reactions: leeps and bball5050
1st Round

Bracket A

Bracket B

Harlan (7-2) at Oskaloosa (8-1)- Harlan

Bracket C

Clear Creek-Amana (8-1) at Decorah (7-2)- CCA

Bracket D

Epworth, Western Dubuque (7-2) at Solon (9-0)- Solon

2nd Round

Spencer @ SBL- Spencer
CCA @ Xavier- Xavier
Solon @ North Scott- North Scott

Semifinals

Xavier vs. North Scott- Xavier
Spencer vs. Lewis Central- Lewis Central

Championship

Lewis Central vs. Xavier- Xavier

Total points = 42

cubbie-man ^^^ The matchup everyone wants to see. I wonder if Xavier and LC do play, would the majority of fans from the west side of the state cheer for LC and the majority from the east cheer for Xavier? Or would you have more mixed feelings?

I believe it would be East cheering for LC and west for Xavier. Each team has had its way with their schedule and people might like to see them lose.

Reactions: bigfridaynite
Bracket A

Bishop Heelan, S.C. (7-2) at Sergeant Bluff-Luton (8-1)- Heelan

Spencer (7-2) at Norwalk (6-3)- Norwalk

Bracket B

Bracket C

Bracket D

2nd Round

Heelan @ Norwalk- Norwalk
Decorah @ Xavier- Xavier
North Scott @ Solon - North Scott

Semifinals

Heelan vs. North Scott- Heelan

Championship

Heelan vs. Lewis Central- Lewis Central in OT

Total Points: 17
I believe it would be Heelan vs LC and Xavier vs North Scott in the semi's. I think they are re-seading for the last four

Then Heelan gets beat in OT to Lewis Central and Lewis Central goes on to win it. Although once Heelan rolls out the post season script on how to win playoff games don’t be shocked if they win it all. Coach Jansen is ready for all takers.

Bold prediction. I don't mind it at all, I just find it hard to believe any team holds LC to less than 38 points. I can't wait to see the"post season script", been waiting for it all year from Jansen.

Reactions: PrideBH
Guessing it is a 14 to 17 point win then the State will be put on notice that Roger is back and you don’t want that.[/QUOTE]

Are you all there?

Heelan will NOT advance one miserable round. Actually, once my uncle is elected to state council, we are BANNING all private schools from enrolling students

This is great! I needed a good laugh... Even if they make it out of their bracket... You realize North Scott, Xavier and LC would all handle Heelan easily, probably prompt a running clock. There's a reason LC requested to play Heelan and they refused. This is good comic relief though!

Reactions: obfuscating
Then Heelan gets beat in OT to Lewis Central and Lewis Central goes on to win it. Although once Heelan rolls out the post season script on how to win playoff games don’t be shocked if they win it all. Coach Jansen is ready for all takers.

Every 5-years Heelan wins it all. 2008, 2013 and maybe not favored but would not be shocked to do it again in 2018. Regular season means nothing, Heelan has the horses, experience, and tradition to roll in the first two rounds. After that it gets interesting.

They do have the material, but they're going to have to crank it up in the "want-to" dept. Against Spencer, there was little doubt who wanted it more, particularly in the first half.

But I hope you're right.

Iowa
This is great! I needed a good laugh... Even if they make it out of their bracket... You realize North Scott, Xavier and LC would all handle Heelan easily, probably prompt a running clock. There's a reason LC requested to play Heelan and they refused. This is good comic relief though!

Heelan didn't "refuse" to play LC.

Everybody except for the "Boys In Blue" will be laughing on Friday night after Sergeant Bluff beats Heelan for the second time this year. Maybe if the Boys In Blue actually apply their superior "tradition and knowledge" they will be lucky enough get a participation trophy from their moms (who will hate football) for being third in the district. Again, nobody feared being matched with Heelan.

Don't you have homework to do? Don't forget....bedtime is 8:00.

SBL has one decent running back and the rest is your gimmick offense. Does not work in the playoffs. Spencer got lucky on two plays.
Well BH you are a funny guy at least. Crusaders not the same team they were earlier this year after that manhandling. Have this week to get much better.

Can’t wait for this game. Let’s see if Heelan, a team who struggled with West, can stop the SBL trap offense

The Boone boys usually do not get much credit, and rightly so, they seem to mess things up more often than not, but they did get this playoff plan correct IMO. So congrats for once. Now don't screw it up next year.

Picks
Bishop Heelan, S.C. (7-2) at Sergeant Bluff-Luton (8-1) - What happend to Heelan? they were ranked top 5 at one time. Never know between two rivals but after seeing that Spencer score - SBL

Spencer (7-2) at Norwalk (6-3)- Warriors may have backed in but get to host. Spencer must be rolling but like the home team after such a long trip for opposing team - Norwalk

Carroll (6-3) at Lewis Central (9-0)- Lewis Central in running clock. Duggan going to get unleashed during the playoffs. No one comes close to beating Lewis Central in 3a. They could probably win 4a. - LC

Harlan (7-2) at Oskaloosa (8-1)- Air war. Osky in a track meet. - Osky

Pella (8-1) at Xavier, Cedar Rapids (9-0)- Quite a first round game which seems like a title game. Xavier in a tough physical battle as they get tested for the first time all year.- Xavier

Clear Creek-Amana (8-1) at Decorah (7-2)- Vikings have been rolling and have played a tough schedule.- Decorah big.

Epworth, Western Dubuque (7-2) at Solon (9-0)- Another tough first round game. Epworth has been battled tested, they win on the road.- Epworth

Waverly-Shell Rock (8-1) at North Scott (8-1)- Again a great first round matchup. Should be low scoring but NS with that more difficult schedule and good play as of late should pull away - North Scott

Reactions: Iowasportsnut
Heelan stopped that offense for 3 quarters and then SBL got lucky on 2 to 3 trick plays to win the first meeting. SBL playes terrible defense. This time around Coach will be ready for the tricks and may have a few of his own. After the game Friday we will laugh in your face when you get embarrassed and then prepare to drop an ass beating on Spencer or Norwalk. Go Blue!

I’m not an SBL fan, and will be there pulling for Heelan. I’ve seen both teams play and SBL has a superior rushing attack.

SBL vs Harlan SBL
Norwalk vs Spencer Spencer
Xavier vs Pella Xavier
Decorah vs Clear Creek Decorah

LC vs Carroll LC
Osky vs Harlan Harlan
Solon vs Western Dub Western Dub
NS vs Waverly NS

SBL vs Spencer SBL
Xavier vs Decorah Xavier

LC vs Harlan LC
Western Dub vs NS, NS

SBL vs NS NS
LC vs Xavier LC

LC vs NS CHAMP= LC

Check Your Own (playing for pride)

1 point per 1st round
2 points per 2nd
4 per semifinal
8 for finals
Tiebreaker total points in finals

You have to reseed your quarterfinal winners to play in the dome.

1st Round

Bracket A

Bracket B

Bracket C

Bracket D

Epworth, Western Dubuque (7-2) at Solon (9-0)- Western Dubuque

2nd Round

Spencer @ SBL- SBL
Decorah @ Xavier- Xavier

Semifinals

SBL vs. North Scott- North Scott

Championship

Total Points: 73

Reactions: Iowasportsnut
If you want to see trophies come on in to the school and you will see plenty. These are real championships not sectional and district runner up trophies. Blue is Coming for you!
Stop making us look bad... we are a 4A school playing in 3A bracket... Sgt Bluff moved up we went down because us boys in blue couldnt handle the bigger schools. Yes Sgt bluff walk through our halls to see the trophies but please please bring a duster along.. Good luck to both teams but I was taught common sense when I went Heelan and SBL (sports before learning ) has the upper hand on this one..

Was the Big Blue Machine under maintenance during the regular season? It must have been if a "dominating team" placed third in their district below two teams who they label as light work. I know exactly what is going to hit the boys down in Sergeant Bluff. A playoff victory and the fifth win in a row against the amazing Boys in Blue. Heelan says it's the best but in reality it can't even compete with the big boys in their district like Sergeant Bluff and Spencer.
Can't even compete huh? Interesting. Sounds like it should be a blowout then. Go Wegher!!! Wait.....

Reactions: Kraftwerk
BH and BS you are making it so we hope this game is never played lol. From what I have seen from BH lately, they better over come a lot to win this game.

1st Round

Bracket A

Bracket B

Harlan (7-2) at Oskaloosa (8-1)- Harlan

Bracket C

Clear Creek-Amana (8-1) at Decorah (7-2)- CCA

Bracket D

2nd Round

Spencer @ SBL- SBL
CCA @ Xavier- Xavier
Solon @ North Scott- North Scott

Semifinals

SBL vs. North Scott- SBL
Xavier vs. Lewis Central- Xavier

Championship

Xavier vs. SBL - Xavier

Total Points: 45

Bracket A
SB-L over Bis H
Spen over Norw
Bracket B
Lew C over Carr
Oska over Harl
Bracket C
CRX over Pella
CC-A over Dec
Bracket D
Solon over W Dub
W-SR over NS
Round 2
SB-L over Spen
Lew C over Oska
CRX over CC-A
Solon over W-SR
Semifinals
Solon over SB-L
CRX over Lew C
Championship
CRX over Solon 42-26
Points 68

Another stellar coaching job by Crusader. Wasted talent again. At least act like you want to be there.
Kids deserve better.
Not sure what heelan,s problem as been late in the season, its like they are coming apart at the seams, instead of getting better.....the first time heelan played sargeant bluff, it was sort of competitive game. i was lucky , i got to see the game on streaming in phoenix....

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT