Camanche 78, Wilton 48
Des Moines Christian 61, Mt. Ayr 47
North Linn 103, Jesup 51
Pella Christian 84, Albia 41
Sioux Center 60, Unity Christian 50
Van Meter 66, Pleasantville 31
Treynor 67, Clarinda 49
Dike, New Hartford 67, Sumner Fred. 34

I am sure you also noticed that Interstate 35 didn’t reach their name and neither did Rock Valley or Western Christian.
Meh. Those last two teams you've mentioned have never been teams to really play stall ball. This is a very rare occasion, and we'd have to hear from Vander as to why it was so low-scoring.

I don't know what you want me to say about a team that is 2-19.......How is a shot clock gonna help them?

I guess I could say that their two wins were over fellow 2-win teams (76-48, 64-60), one of which had 100+ pts scored on them four times this year.

Meh. Those last two teams you've mentioned have never been teams to really play stall ball. This is a very rare occasion, and we'd have to hear from Vander as to why it was so low-scoring....I
Hate to say it, but it was just ugly basketball.
1st qtr ended 4-4, but not due to stellar defense.
Both teams are offensively challenged.
RV had Western scouted well in that this is a rare season with very few offensive threats.
They shut down Western's lone consistent 3 point shooter by not giving him any looks & other than a few flashes, Western was so tentative on offense, that long possessions of passing up good looks, eventually ended with a turnover.

RV had a run of 3's in the 3rd that got them the lead after being down 17-10 at the half, then began to stall.
Vis took over in the 4th, but not enough to build a lead. Buzzer shot in the lane by RV's best shooter for the win.

Poor offensive showing on both sides that someone had to win by default, but RV was definitely a lot more aggressive on both ends.
Congrats to Rockets!

12-8 on the year. Been a long time since Western had that many losses in a season.

Last edited:
2A District upsets so far (according to BCMoore):
  • District Quarter-Finals: 4 upsets out of 32 games, headlined by #85 Clarion-Goldfield-Dows over #49 Roland-Story, 47-46 (R-S predicted to win by 16.5)
  • District Semi-Finals: 7 upsets out of 32 games, headlined by #44 New Hampton over #14 Aplington-Parkersburg, 55-54 (A-P predicted to win by 12)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT