substate 3- Cedar Rapids Washington
substate 4- Bettendorf
substate 5- Iowa City West
substate 6- Ankeny
substate 7- Waukee
substate 8- West Des Moines Valley

State matchups
Quarterfinals
1. Bettendorf vs. 8. Dubuque Senior (3-0)
4. Iowa City West vs. 5. CR Wash (0-1)
3. Valley vs. 6. Sioux City North (4-1)
2. Ankeny vs. 7. Waukee (0-1 in shootout)

Semifinals
1. Bettendorf vs. 5. CR Wash (2-0)
3. Valley vs. 7. Waukee (2-0)

Finals
1. Bettendorf (yes im a homer) vs. 3. Valley (2-0)

Champion
Bettendorf

Obviously they have to play the games, but this is how i see it going. Post your own, or comment on mine.

I don't agree with you btown. Dowling should win 7. If they make it past the first round of state I don't know but I think they'll win their substate. Dowling is No. 5 while Waukee is No. 10. Also Waukee is at a disadvantage it being there first year in the CIML.

Originally posted by DSMan:
I don't agree with you btown. Dowling should win 7. If they make it past the first round of state I don't know but I think they'll win their substate. Dowling is No. 5 while Waukee is No. 10. Also Waukee is at a disadvantage it being there first year in the CIML.

I actually totally forgot about Dowling, but i still think Waukee could beat them. Lets see some other predictions!

I bet FrostyMitchell picks Iowa City West, just a guess, ha! I actually think Bettendorf will lose in the final against Ankeny or Valley unless they make a couple of adjustments.

waukee is good. they have been good enough to play in the CIML easily for at least the last 5 years. waukee is well coached and has too much talent to be overlooked.

bballer:

THINGS YOU DIDN'T KNOW.
Iowa City West 4 Cr Wash 1 (Yet you pick Wash to beat West in Des Moines?)

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am not going to say what adjustments, if you have seen them play, you will have a pretty good idea. Ben P likes his seniors, but IMO a couple shouldn't be out there in the positions they are in.

i do agree bett needs to make some adjust ments i have watched them play 5 times this year im from bett and played at bett so im not some guy from ic west how thinks he all that i am talking about my own team if the make adjustments they could be very tough to beat at staTE

wow so many people made such a great prediction on waukee bein so good...hoover apparently dominated them.nice overlook all

Bett 2 - ICH 1

Colin Sandeman scored 2 goals in first 10 minutes and I thought it was going to be a rout but ICH fought hard, never gave up and scored with 2 minutes left to make it very interesting. I was very impressed with ICH and it didn't look like they had a lot of seniors so they could be very tough next year because Bett starts 8 and plays 10-11 seniors.

ICH played them very well it was a very hard fought game city had to play a man down on a very questionable red card call, and not to mention when one of their best players was taken down in the box, with no call (PK?) but best of luck to bett, the game was very fun to watch, close to final gun.

Originally posted by semihawk:
ICH played them very well it was a very hard fought game city had to play a man down on a very questionable red card call, and not to mention when one of their best players was taken down in the box, with no call (PK?) but best of luck to bett, the game was very fun to watch, close to final gun.

That was not a questionable red card. The kid thought he was fouled, then two seconds later his teammate was fouled, and he then drilled the bett kid. The ICCH kid was like 115 pounds and he knocked over the bett kid thats like 170. Anyone can blind side someone and take then off their feet. He had no intentions of winning the ball, mostly because he went straight for the body, extended his hands and the whistle had already blown. But other than that it was a very good game, ICCH played very tough.

My thoughts exactly, that was not a questionable Red at all. Also, the lack of a PK call was a good call, the kid took a dive. I don't think a ref that gave out 8 yellows and a red would of passed up the chance to make a PK call last night. SemiHawk, you cheapened yourself by bringing up the negatives, I could have easily said Bett could of won 5 - 1 with all the shots they had on goal that barely missed. Take the compliments we are giving ICCH that they played a good Bett team very tough and they never quit after getting down early and good luck next year to them, I think they will be very good.

Final Bett 2 - Fort Dodge 0

All 3 other games are 1 - 1 late in the game, it looks like very balanced teams at state!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT