ADVERTISEMENT

2a District Finals

moderndaywarrior56

Gold Member
Jul 12, 2012
What are some predictions for district final games in central Iowa?

Ogden vs Gilbert?

North Polk vs RS?

Hudson vs E Marshall?

PCM vs I35?

Ogden just a little bit better than Gilbert 3-2

North Polk however many they score to RS zero if hadaway is pitching could be 1-0 could be 7-0

and my Mustangs out hit I35 9-8....

dont know on last one

Good call LB-HR. North Polk beat Roland-Story 1-0. Game took like an hour and 10 minutes. R-S pitcher threw a 3 hitter. Hadaway for NP didn't allow a runner past 1st for R-S.

CLASS 2A:Alta/Aurelia 5, North Union (NSK-AR) 1
Beckman, Dyersville 8, Maquoketa Valley, Delhi 1
Davis County, Bloomfield 5, Eddyville-Blakesburg 4 (9 innings)
Forest City 5, Saint Ansgar 3
Hudson 1, East Marshall, LeGrand 0
Kuemper Catholic, Carroll 5, East Sac County 1
Mount Vernon 3, Monticello 2
North Polk, Alleman 1, Roland-Story, Story City 0
Ogden 4, Gilbert 2
PCM, Monroe 4, Interstate 35, Truro 3
Wapello 5, Central Lee, Donnellson 2
West Branch 2, Wilton 1
Western Christian, Hull 4, Boyden-Hull/Rock Valley 3

Bunch of good games tonight.

This post was edited on 7/14 9:25 PM by terrehawk

I am shocked by this result. Can someone please tell me how this happened? Who pitched for each team? I'm guessing some St Eds errors did them in.

11 of the 16 games were by 3 runs or less
8 of the 16 games were by 1 run

2 were by 2 runs

1 by 3 runs

Originally posted by vikesfan13146:
I am shocked by this result. Can someone please tell me how this happened? Who pitched for each team? I'm guessing some St Eds errors did them in.
http://www.messengernews.net/page/content.detail/id/549573/Clarion-Goldfield-stuns-No--4-Gaels.html?nav=5024

Clarion-Goldfield stuns No. 4 GaelsCowboys oust St. Edmond in district finalJuly 15, 2012
By CHRIS JOHNSON - Assistant Sports Editor (sports@messengernews.net) ,Messenger News

Clarion-Goldfield pulled off a shocking upset here Saturday night, knocking out fourth-ranked St. Edmond by a 11-7 count in a Class 2A?district final at Rogers Park.
The Cowboys (15-15 overall) got to Gael starting pitcher Neil Flattery early and never let up, beating their North Central Conference rivals for the first time since 2010.
Clarion-Goldfield will now face Forest City on Tuesday in Mason City in a substate final for the right to advance to the state tournament.
In the first two innings against Flattery, the Cowboys had five hits - including three doubles. Ryan Waters, Matt Odland and Dominic Brandt all had doubles. Brandt drove in two runs and Odland had an RBI in the first two innings.
Trenton Sann was 2-for-4. Kirby Simmons scored three runs as a courtesy runner.
Odland was 1-for-2 with three runs scored. Colby Ruiter scored twice in the eighth spot in the lineup. The Cowboys had eight hits on the night.
For the Gaels (22-9), Neil Flattery was 4-for-5 with three RBI and a double. Junior David Flattery was 2-for-4 with a double and two RBI.
Junior Aaron Chalstrom was 3-for-4 with an RBI and a run scored.
Matthew Bocken reached base three times, and pinch-runner Sam Kolacia scored two runs.
Clarion-Goldfield had strong defense on the evening, shuting down two big Gael rallies. The Cowboys turned double plays in the first and fifth innings.
Editor's Note:?Because the game was completed at
deadline, the?complete story will be in Monday's Messenger.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT