ADVERTISEMENT

2023/2024 Districts & Groups

thomas jeffersen 4a this year...that is a surprise...i wonder if they will have any more sucess in 4a than they did in 5a, have my doubts

Last edited:
Is the group ranking computation a new brainchild? In the past I thought it was based on previous two seasons performance but it’s four years now.

Last edited:
Is the group ranking computation a new brainchild? In the past I thought it was based on previous two seasons performance but it’s four years now.
The success model was used in the last cycle. Three year RPI and four year playoff success.

Reactions: Reasoned
ok..i quess the yellowjackets were 4a last year, but seemed to fair not much better than in 5a....the lone win was against a very poor desmoines hoover team by 2 pts.....i am not sure what is going on at tj, they just never seem to have a good team there for some reason,,,,the yelowjackets only had 1 or 2 decent years, when they had that great running back, dont remember his name...

Schedules released this week?
I’m not sure how long they take to put together and approve, but it seems we could get them any day now.

From the state to schools back when districts were announced:

“You will have the opportunity to select 7 non-district teams and place them on your priority list. The priority list will close at 12:01 am on Thursday, March 30.”

Two weeks to compile and approve would seem minimum amount of time they’d need. So maybe next week.

I'm sure they have a program that can do a lot of the work for them, but I would think that making the schedules would be more labor intensive then creating districts, or even figuring out enrollments with the FRL percentages.

harlan plays lewis central..and probably will continue..i see that is strange..since lewis central is in a class above them..i am wondering if lewis central would not be better off playing a 5a team in non conferance

• Haha
Reactions: deeds8116
harlan plays lewis central..and probably will continue..i see that is strange..since lewis central is in a class above them..i am wondering if lewis central would not be better off playing a 5a team in non conferance
Almost every team plays someone a class bigger or smaller than them. Pretty common. If you're Harlan or LC why not play each other?? Especially if you're confident that you'll win your district or at least make the playoffs. It will only make them better!!

Regarding schedules...I'd expect them to be out in the next week or two. Hopefully!!

Reactions: deeds8116
the scedules will who will be in ur district,,with a few non district teams.

in 3a...i was just wondering what would be the toughest district...my thoughts are district 3...am i correct?

DISTRICT #3
Center Point-
Central DeWitt
Independence
Maquoketa
Wahlert Catholic
West Delaware

the scedules will who will be in ur district,,with a few non district teams.

in 3a...i was just wondering what would be the toughest district...my thoughts are district 3...am i correct?

DISTRICT #3
Center Point-
Central DeWitt
Independence
Maquoketa
Wahlert Catholic
West Delaware
Yes, we’re interested in non-district matchups and timing/location of district matchups.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT