ADVERTISEMENT

2021 Outlook

Will be interesting to see if SE Valley stays 1A. They will bring back quite a bit. Van Meter brings back a talented qb/rb combo.

Mepo loses 7 seniors, 6 played both ways other was defensive who were a good core. Really young after that. Get a junior LB back that had a season ending injury early and another, junior RB/DB, who missed the last two games.

Had a lot of sophomores start and others who were major contributors as well as 3 freshman major contributors (OL/DL, MLB, K/P). Will be young again next year, but should be good. Really looking forward to 2022 season. Biggest need is getting some beef along the lines.

I would say that Van Meter right now would have to be the favorite, they are the most consistent 1A program, and I am pretty sure there is little to no chance of them changing classification. West Lyon could come back down to 1A and be a favorite as they are always loaded. I don't think it matters if OABCIG moves back up to 2A or not without DeJean they are a very average team.

Are there any true contenders on the eastern side of the state?

I would say that Van Meter right now would have to be the favorite, they are the most consistent 1A program, and I am pretty sure there is little to no chance of them changing classification. West Lyon could come back down to 1A and be a favorite as they are always loaded. I don't think it matters if OABCIG moves back up to 2A or not without DeJean they are a very average team.

Are there any true contenders on the eastern side of the state?

Dyersville beckman brings back almost entire line on both sides. Loses one receiver, the qb, a tackle and two linebackers. Sophmore team undefeated. Didnt punt vs. Sigourney with three TO in red zone. Cascade brings

Dyersville beckman brings back almost entire line on both sides. Loses one receiver, the qb, a tackle and two linebackers. Sophmore team undefeated. Didnt punt vs. Sigourney with three TO in red zone. Cascade brings
Watched that game online, Beckham very well could’ve beat Sk but kept shooting themselves in the foot, clearly had enough talent

SCC will be solid next year.
OABCIG will be nothing like they have been the past few years with Dejean.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT