ADVERTISEMENT

2019 Football Season kicking off

Zowwy21

Freshman
Nov 6, 2013
Not a lot of chatter on here lately and chomping at the bit to get the skinny on this upcoming season. Now that 7-on-7 has begun, any commentary on teams/players to watch? A lot can happen in the off-season and the kids/teams that work hard can make huge strides. Any observations worth noting?

Im curious what everyone is thinking for a top 10 right now and contenders. The summer is where ppl starting hearing if some kids are not planning to go out. Any rumors of solid players not going out for any contenders

1. West Hancock
2 thru 5 no order the usual suspects-Hudson, Wapsie, St. Ansgar, Garrigan.

Look for the Falcons of CBSA to be in the mix. Tailgaiting season is almost upon us. Best concession stand burger rankings coming to you this Fall!

Reactions: Zowwy21
I did hear that Grames from Grundy Center is moving out of state. I would have seen him being an important part of their offense with his speed and decent size.

Obviously West Hancock has the studs in the backfield back, how about the line or D? I see they do graduate a number of their top tacklers.

I'm going to say Hudson takes a small step back this year after losing Murray and Seres. They still have Fulcher, and some good lineman so I think they will be good, but still see them regressing a bit. Saint Ansgar was pretty young last year so would expect them to improve.

Obviously West Hancock has the studs in the backfield back, how about the line or D? I see they do graduate a number of their top tacklers.
Their line will be alright, anchored by Redenius who had an absolute breakout season in wrestling and track this winter and fall, then you have Cox on the other side that plays with an edge and fire, then in the middle you have a 2 year starter at Center in Stromer whos a strong intelligent kid.

On Defense bookends should be Hagen and Kelly who don't know what the word tired or quit means, Redenius and Cox at Tackles, then All everything Tate Hagen at the legacy linebacker position, look out for sophomore Michael Francis he should be the next spectacular Eagle whos paid his dues as a freshman. They the most dangerous player who steps on the field in Joseph Smith. I think this WH team has all the makings of being "special". Again, you have to show up on Friday nights, you cant be a champion just on paper.

37 days until August 1, as the Great Defensive mind Gene Perkins always said "the August Itch is upon us" Get ready for the ride.

Reactions: Zowwy21
Their line will be alright, anchored by Redenius who had an absolute breakout season in wrestling and track this winter and fall, then you have Cox on the other side that plays with an edge and fire, then in the middle you have a 2 year starter at Center in Stromer whos a strong intelligent kid.

On Defense bookends should be Hagen and Kelly who don't know what the word tired or quit means, Redenius and Cox at Tackles, then All everything Tate Hagen at the legacy linebacker position, look out for sophomore Michael Francis he should be the next spectacular Eagle whos paid his dues as a freshman. They the most dangerous player who steps on the field in Joseph Smith. I think this WH team has all the makings of being "special". Again, you have to show up on Friday nights, you cant be a champion just on paper.

37 days until August 1, as the Great Defensive mind Gene Perkins always said "the August Itch is upon us" Get ready for the ride.
Thanks for the insight. Yes, I need me some calamine lotion as I can't stop the itch :)

Reactions: D3vilDog
Garrigan does lose quite a bit. Only starters returning are Mammen and Winkel. Heard they have a lot of size in the younger grades so will be fun to see how the season plays out for them.

Thoughts on how District 5 will shake out?? Does Ed-Co repeat or does someone move up to de-throne them?? Who moves up and who takes a step back?! Who are the players to watch here??

I see edco repeating. The younger rochford kid will be great next season. Although I do think they’ll be down compared to last season. I have west hancock as my #1 team. Bishop got them last season and won the district, but I expect west hancock to come out of that district with competition from Bg and Belmond. Probably the best district in the state again

I see edco repeating. The younger rochford kid will be great next season. Although I do think they’ll be down compared to last season. I have west hancock as my #1 team. Bishop got them last season and won the district, but I expect west hancock to come out of that district with competition from Bg and Belmond. Probably the best district in the state again
Again??? It wasn’t the best district in the state last year lol. So definitely can’t be best again

Thoughts on how District 5 will shake out?? Does Ed-Co repeat or does someone move up to de-throne them?? Who moves up and who takes a step back?! Who are the players to watch here??

I think ED-CO repeats but I also think a team to watch for is Lisbon as they were really young last year and traditionally they are very good as they don't have many down years. I think at least 2 teams have new head coaches, Maq Valley for one so not sure what to expect from those teams. Overall its a district pretty even as no real dominate team but like I said, EdCo and Lisbon would be my picks to start.

Lisbon hasn’t been the same since the coach left 3 or so years ago.[/QUO

Very true but like I said they were very young starting 3 freshman up front 2 years ago. They will have a brand new football facility and the old Lisbon enthusiasm seems to be back. They may not win the district but I think they will determine who does.

They tore up the old field and putting a brand new field in same spot but with a new all weather track around it.

They tore up the old field and putting a brand new field in same spot but with a new all weather track around it.
Really?? I’m curious how that is going to work when there wasn’t much room as it is there. Don’t seem like enough room for a track. Also the visitors side has always been terrible hope that is upgraded

They have pictures on their site and they hauled in a bunch of fill behind what was the visitors side to level it off. It will be top notch. That's a school that has had tremendous track success without a track and now they will have a brand new track and football field.

They have pictures on their site and they hauled in a bunch of fill behind what was the visitors side to level it off. It will be top notch. That's a school that has had tremendous track success without a track and now they will have a brand new track and football field.

I couldn't find recent pics of progress to know if they are getting close to completion, but there is a concept drawing on their facebook page along with some early demolition photos, maybe from last spring.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT