ADVERTISEMENT

2014 4A Championship Game

loco60

Freshman
Sep 15, 2010
West Des Moines Dowling triumphs over Cedar Rapids Washington. Caveat on both QBs remaining healthy.

Dowling is the defending champion and returns a very accomplished QB and has a solid schedule.
CRW has a senior crew that has had extraordinary success all the way through high school and has size and speed.

Waukee returns just about everyone, and they gave Dowling a better game then anyone else.

Iowa City West has been really close the last couple of years but got tripped up early the last couple of years, they return enough from last year, and add in a loaded class of 2016.

I don't know anything about the teams on the eastern side but would agree that in the west it's Dowling or Waukee with Valley and SEP as dark horses. Everyone else will be mediocre.

Originally posted by PNation:

Iowa City West has been really close the last couple of years but got tripped up early the last couple of years, they return enough from last year, and add in a loaded class of 2016.
I haven't paid attention to West football nearly enough in the last few years. Who are some of the juniors to keep an eye on this year?

What weapons does Boyle have that return with him? As far as I know, Dowling didn't get any DMPS skilled players to come transfer over this season.
rolleye0008.r191677.gif

They got Lincoln's starting QB from last season can't remember his name but he is a good athlete...I hear he is going to play TE. I'm sure they have several kids waiting in the wings over there but to your point, I don't think they have anybody like Rico Gafford. Boyle is going to miss him for sure.

Nick Motsinger is the kid you're thinking of. Good-sized kid with talent but had a heck of a time with injuries during both his sophomore & junior year at Lincoln. Good kid, but I'd be shocked if he started all season. Certainly not a Rico Gafford-type transfer.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT