ADVERTISEMENT

2010 MAC Predictions

qcgymrat

Freshman
Jun 20, 2005
I'm guessing Muscatine and PV will be the teams to beat with Bettendorf and Central close behind. What does everyone think? Did any players from Central follow Gamble over to Bettendorf?

Thats an intersting question. I would doubt it since open enrollment deadline is usually January of the previous year which would be before soccer season even started.

I doubt PV and Muscatine will be any good this year. They both don't have any standout players this year. Central on the other hand has a lot of returning starters and recieved 2 new transfers this year, a goalkeeper-Jordan Setser and a defender- Cody Perrault. Bettendorf will still be a solid contender. West and North will still be at the bottom.

Bettendorf, PV, and Central will have a lot to prove this year with many key seniors graduating from each school. Bettendorf will be the class as always with Muscatine and Central contending for second and third. Don't know where PV will stand this year but the season's a long ways away. Who's the best returning players coming back? Any particular standouts from any school?

Bettendorf has a few returners

Muscatine I don't think will be very good

North lost a few key players but still has a defender and some junior returning starters

West I believe only really has Garret Hass but no one too important

Central has many such as Emilio Arroyo, Sebastian Pena, Cody Perreault (transfer), Jake Lafrenz, Jordan Setser (transfer), and I think a few more

Assumption no one important

PV has a few but don't think they will be too good

Burlington has a few and I think will be pretty good this year

Bettendorf will solid team that could win the MAC, they will have a strong midfield and defense it will be finding a consistent scorer this year that will affect the bulldogs the most. Central will be overrated and will have to prove themselves come spring time. Who are there tansfers it looks like they didn't play last year? Jake LaFrenz and Emilio Arroyo will have to carry the team being their two best returning players

According to MACMAN, the Central transfers are Perrealt and Setser. Central will also have Pena returning. Who does PV and Bettendorf have?

Where did the two of them come from? Pena is overrated and will get shut down easily this year.. PV will Gabe Domingues, Alex Garbin, Adam Madison, Corey Stelk and TJ Dippel all who saw action their sophomore and junior years. Bett will Quint Wickett, Jordan Sawyer, Daniel Byrne, Travis Stinson, Tyler Cowherd, and a few others.. With what Bettendorf has i predict they win the MAC rebounding from last year.

I think they transferred from North and both have played varsity since Freshman year. Setser made all conference goal keeper as a sophomore. Also, Pena is way better than Arroyo in foot skills, shooting skills, and passing skills. I look for Bettendorf, PV and Central to be top of the MAC. PV has a disadvantage as this will their keeper's first year playing varsity compared to Cowherd and Setser who have played varsity previously.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT