ADVERTISEMENT

1A

Everyone was dominated by grundy in the post season.
True, but the win in the State Title game was GC's 2nd biggest blowout of the entire season.
You just don't often see (or shouldn't see) a State Championship game with a 42 point differential.

MFL MM didn't have Powell. Lost thier starting TB Radloff in the 1st quarter. MFL was really banged up and most of thier guys look to play both ways. THAT BEING SAID... No one is hotter right now Grundy. They were dominate and deserving of their back to back state championship. They are a heck of a team that have been peaking ever since post season started. Congrats to MFL MM in thier first dome appearance.

Reactions: Pinehawk
True, but the win in the State Title game was GC's 2nd biggest blowout of the entire season.
You just don't often see (or shouldn't see) a State Championship game with a 42 point differential.
Even if MFL was healthy they wouldn't have beat Grundy, but they were really banged up and 2 of their best players (and team captains) were out with broken arm and broken ankle.

So what does that say about your Regina Regals? Because MFL dominated them in the quarterfinals.
Hypothetical Championship Game....
Grundy Center 60
Regina 0

MFL returns 4/5 offensive linemen and a 1,000 rusher in McGeough next season. Hope they get matched up with Regina again in the playoffs just for you Pinehawk...maybe the 3rd meeting will go better for the Regals, but I wouldn't bet on it. MFL's kids will likely be in the weightroom on Monday morning, like they always are....

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Pinehawk
Even if MFL was healthy they wouldn't have beat Grundy, but they were really banged up and 2 of their best players (and team captains) were out with broken arm and broken ankle.

So what does that say about your Regina Regals? Because MFL dominated them in the quarterfinals.
Hypothetical Championship Game....
Grundy Center 60
Regina 0

MFL returns 4/5 offensive linemen and a 1,000 rusher in McGeough next season. Hope they get matched up with Regina again in the playoffs just for you Pinehawk...maybe the 3rd meeting will go better for the Regals, but I wouldn't bet on it. MFL's kids will likely be in the weightroom on Monday morning, like they always are....
You sound a little bitter. MFL has a lot to replace. A lot of the playoff teams do. But, MFL's 42 point blowout loss will live in the State Program/Record book forever now, which I believe is the only mention of them in there.
I hope they do meet again next year, but I've seen a lot of teams over the years rise up for a season or two, only to disappear. Sustaining success is not easy. I guess we'll see....

Sure, maybe a little bitter. I have a family member that plays on that team and know how hard they've worked to turn that program around. 26 straight years of losing football seasons, only to go to the quarterfinals (or further) five consecutive years. Their head coach (Anderson) completely changed that program when he took over in 2018, as long as he's still around I imagine they'll be solid every year.

Dis Gonna Be Good Jason Momoa GIF

Yes, a blowout loss. But like you said about the rise and fall of programs, MFL is on the rise, and Regina is on the fall

IDK, I heard that with all MFL's recent success that they have donors giving large sums of money to the program and they are offering NIL deals to good athletes in neighboring schools and across the river in Prairie du Chien, WI. Gotta keep up with the Joneses!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT