ADVERTISEMENT

1A

Seems like the general consensus here is Underwood, and then split decision on Dike/Grundy and MFL/Regina, with the bulk of the people favoring Columbus over Sumner. Can't wait to see how it all plays out. Best of luck all!

Just like the WB game, MFL running game just too good. Regina also can’t stop it. Regina had a great opening drive starting from their 1, but no dice.

UPDATE after Quarterfinals (if I missed any let me know)

26 - Hooper2021,
25 - ISUFan00, BlameIt, GoEagles23, MSideChief, GoPanthers23
24 - EIHCGuy, RC1963
22 - TD27, codyashi
21 - PrancingPonies, SEIowaHawk
20 - HawkHopeful
12 - IARoy
9 - HootOwlHollow
8 - Zowwy21
7 - KeoHawkI
5 - IGo42,

Columbus - I've said it many times before, they are the most athletic team in 1A. The Dome may prove them just that.

MFL - their style is like Herman Boone. It wears on you. Underwood hasn't seen anything like this on the West side.

My head keeps telling me Underwood, after seeing MFL, it feels like they could pull this one off. I guess really at this point any team CAN win, it's up to who executes, who makes mistakes. - I will say, having seen MFL's Powell in action, he's just an extra yardage machine, you know he's going to run it, you think you have him stopped, then 5-8 yards down the field you finally stop him (unless you don't and then watch out.)

So, my judgement may be clouded, but I'm going with

GC
MFL

Well, it appears that the Columbus/Grundy matchup earlier this year was a farce. 42-7 with 2 minutes left. Looking forward to hopefully a better game in the Underwood/MFL matchup

Looks like MFL doing what it does with the ground and pound game against Underwood
Without Powell most of the game, they really responded well. It was a real team game, offense ran for 400 yards and while underwood didn’t punt, the d forced three turnovers and turnover on downs.

Columbus - I've said it many times before, they are the most athletic team in 1A. The Dome may prove them just that.

MFL - their style is like Herman Boone. It wears on you. Underwood hasn't seen anything like this on the West side.
Looks like I got one of them exactly right, and one exactly wrong.

Looks like GC defense is pretty stout. MFL ground and pound will eat clock. If GC gets a two score lead I don’t see MFL overcoming that. If MFL can walk the ball down the field 3 yards and a cloud of “dust “. It will be who scores last. All of that said I like GC to win it all. But should be much closer than the semis

Reactions: ISUfan00
This is just Underwoods class and we are all living in it.
Another one of Prancing Ponies posts that aged well....

Underwood's defense gave up 41 pts and 408 yds rushing to MFL, and that was with MFLs top RB out of the game. That's nearly double the points that Van Meter put up on Underwood.

Guess Underwood wasn't as dominant as you claim.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT