ADVERTISEMENT

1A Week “I don’t know” rankings

Anonymous111

Freshman
Jun 27, 2018
1. Bishop Garrigan
- there sitting at 11-1 with there only loss to the #3 3A school by two points. They have rolled everyone and play 13 schools 2A or larger. Huge game coming up Tuesday

2. Lake Mills
- this team has had a very interesting season. Started off pretty slow and lost by 7 points to Algona Garrigan who’s second best player got hurt in the first quarter. Since then they have really picked it up steam rolling everyone in there path. Tuesday they have a chance to nab the #1 spot with a win over algona garrigan

3. South O’Brien
- this team is on a roll right now. They have two losses to two very good teams. They just beat Remsen by 2 on the road and have a higher PPG difference then Remsen so I’m going to give them the nod over them. They still have a chance to split with west Sioux, but right now, I don’t see that as west Sioux is one of the best 2A teams out there

4. Remsen St Mary’s
- on the struggle bus recently losing by double digits to albeit a very good West Sioux team and then just lost at home to SOHS. Going to have a chance to split with West Sioux but I just don’t know if they have the fire power

5. Montezuma
- has had a good year up to last nights lost to Albia. Albia was without there 2nd and 3rd best players and still beat them at there place... montezuma does not have a signature win and doesn’t have any tough games again till there final matchup against Gladbrook who is solid.

6. Easton Valley
- I was unsure as to how good Easton Valley really was, so I did some research and tried to find some game film. And after carefully analysing there game tape, I don’t think this team is a title contender. However I do believe that they will get one of the easiest roads to the wells and get there. They just play such poor competition and still don’t really DOMINATE like North Linn in past seasons

7. WACO
- This squad could very easily have 4 losses right now to unranked teams... but they don’t. So I’m going to keep them right here like I have in all my other rankings

8. Council Bluff St Alberts
- It shows when St Alberts plays schools there own size how good they really are. They have just dominated there non conference and won a huge game over one of the best teams in Nebraska. They are athletic and coached very well. This team usually gets an easy road to the wells because south west Iowa just isn’t very good in 1A and I expect the same this season

9. West Fork
- West Fork is a very odd team. One moment there losing by 20 to a fringe ranked 2A team, the next they are beating the breaks off a good 3A team. Not having them in my top 8 means I don’t believe they will make the wells, however with this team I would not be shocked at all if they made it, but I would also not be shocked if they got bounced in the district semis

10. Newell Fonda
- No Coppock = no problem for Newell. They have played a tough schedule and still are sitting pretty at 8-3. I don’t expect this team to win out from here with the tough schedule they play, but they are playing really well and sharing the ball. Biggest problem is the lack of height

(Teams who are RIGHT THERE)
*Madrid
*Notre Dame
*Gladbrook
*Martensdale
*Don Bosco
* Mount Ayr (even though they are undefeated I can’t rank them in the top 10. They have the 128th easiest schedule out of 147 teams which is horrendous)

please excuse my spelling mistakes because I did write this in a hurry. I have now seen every team on this ranking play and all the others receiving votes besides Norte Dame

If anyone is interested here is the St. Albert vs Mt. Michael game where the Falcons beat the #4 ranked team in Nebraska.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT