ADVERTISEMENT

1A Game Week (Week 3)

Charles86

Freshman
Aug 6, 2018
Week 3 is almost upon us. There’s been some impressive team play from all areas in 1A. Here are some of the interesting games in week 3:

West Sioux at Central Lyon (game of week)

Mid-Prarie at Regina

West Marshall at South Hamilton

Western Christian at Spirit Lake

Doesn’t seem to be as many intriguing games in week 3. Feel free to add any other others.

West Sioux vs CLGLR is going to be a heck of a game. I for one cant wait. West Sioux is a really good team, really dynamic on offense, really physical up front it'll be the best team CLGLR has seen so far this year. Hearing some rumblings on Lynott hope he's able to play Friday. Lions have kind of put it to them the last few years, I'm sure West Sioux would like a little revenge. Both teams bring lots of fans so should be a great atmosphere. Friday cant be here soon enough.

Reactions: MsideChief
Guess we will find out if Beckman is a contender. Preston Ries is the real deal for Monticello.
So how did Monticello end up losing to Cascade? Cascade is a solid team, but I wouldn't call them a powerhouse. I thought Monti would beat them by 14+ points.

South Hamilton hosts 2A #4 West Marshall, Hawks are off to a bit of a surprising 2-0 start in what was thought to be a rebuilding year.

They scored less points. It happens.
I can deduce that, I'm an educated individual. I was hoping for an intelligent response from someone who actually watched the game. If Ries is a D1 athlete on a previously ranked 2A team I'd think that they'd beat an unranked 1A team. Obviously Cascade is better or Monti is worse than advertised.

I can deduce that, I'm an educated individual. I was hoping for an intelligent response from someone who actually watched the game. If Ries is a D1 athlete on a previously ranked 2A team I'd think that they'd beat an unranked 1A team. Obviously Cascade is better or Monti is worse than advertised.
Pure nonsense.
Just because a team has a standout player doesn't make them unbeatable. The Paulsen twins were at Moville Woodbury and couldn't win titles. Can you imagine the entire side of an OL being D1 recruits at a Class A school?

Pure nonsense.
Just because a team has a standout player doesn't make them unbeatable. The Paulsen twins were at Moville Woodbury and couldn't win titles. Can you imagine the entire side of an OL being D1 recruits at a Class A school?
I’ll second that. If you don’t have the OL to go with skill players or skill players to go with OL then it’s a lot harder to be successful even in small school football. Yes, great athletes impact the game, but if there’s no blocking good luck.

Reactions: EIHCGuy
Brady Lynott wont be playing tonight for West Sioux and weather will be a factor. Its been raining off and on since 1130 here in Rock Rapids and just picked up again, suppose to be a steady rain until around 9. CLGLR is one of the lone teams in the area still playing on a natural field so its going to be wet and not great traction. Almost game time!!!

Did Ries play? Word on the street was that he's injured and didn't play. Stats aren't posted on Varsity Bound so wondering if anyone saw the game?

40 carries for 362 yards and 3 TDs for Durants RB last night. There’s going to be some great games down there stretch in that district. Durant plays Wilton next week and still has MEPO, West Branch, and Regina to go. Will be interesting to see if those teams can shut down the running back and what Durant will do if that happens.

Did Ries play? Word on the street was that he's injured and didn't play. Stats aren't posted on Varsity Bound so wondering if anyone saw the game?
He played. Couldn't break away as beckmans D swarms and he took some good shots. It was a toss up. Big 97yrd run was the decider. If monti got a 3 and out there, game might have ended differently. Next weeks game vs cascade will tell if Beckman is really that good. Playmakers on offense and hard nosed D. Injury bug hit a little but when healthy can beat anyone.

Looks like Beckman is a contender. Holding Monti to a couple of scores. If you’re into score comparing…

Cascade beat Monti 21-13
Beckman beat Monti 28-14

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT