ADVERTISEMENT

1A & 2A seeding predictions

Anonymous111

Freshman
Jun 27, 2018
Interested in how people think the fields will be seeded. 2A especially is going to be interesting with how similar all the records are.

1A
1. Garrigan
- Had the toughest road to the wells and has two wins over top 2 teams on BCMoore

2. Lake Mills
- Arguably most talented team overall. Split with Garrigan but beat them by more. However they did lose the conference title to them so I’m going to have them second

3. Montezuma
- Have the best player in the class and are probably the most dangerous team with there ability to put up points in a hurry

4. Remsen St Mary’s
- Multiple wins over high quality opponents and some top 10 teams in 1A and 2A. However talent wise this team is probably not on par with the teams above

5. West Fork
- I don’t think they are the 5th best team, but I think they will be here because of there good record. Also will use the top of iowa card in seeding meeting

6. Martensdale
- Probably a top 3 team talent wise. Have a few good wins, but overall strength of schedule is pretty low. Will be extremely tough game for monte in first round

7. Springville
- I think Springville is the 6th best team in front of west fork but behind Martensdale. But they will not get the 6 seed because they lack a signature win. Also not great strength of schedule

8. Wapsie
- A athletically gifted team top to bottom. Have played much better second half of season. However there win loss record is the worst in the field and they also don’t really have a significant win either.

2A

1. North Linn
- When you win 105 of your last 107 games, it’s hard to argue over them. I do not believe they are the best team personally though

2. Boyden Hull
- Ranked 2nd on BCMoore and played a pretty good schedule overall. Also being last years runner up should be a good arguing point for them in seeding meeting

3. Camanche
- By far the most talented team in 2A. They have struggled with consistency this year though. They split with a really really good Monticello team and have multiple D2 caliber players

4. Treynor
- One of the best and most consistent teams in the state this season. While they do not have the wow factor of other teams, they are a great basketball team

5. Monticello
- Also one of the most talented teams in 2A. I have them below Camanche because I believe the coaches think Camanche is just better

6. West Sioux
- The most dangerous team in the tournament. When they get hot, they are unbeatable. However when they are cold, they are very vulnerable. Will have the best backcourt in this field

7. Pella Christian
- Very different from the other teams record wise. They have played by far the hardest schedule and have been really tough in the Little Hawkeye. SOS does matter and I think coaches would rather play Woodward then PC

8. Woodward Granger
- Most years this team would be a top 4 seed, but with how loaded 2A is, I have no choice but to put them here. Have some great wins over some very good 1A schools, but none over any 2As other then Van Meter in the playoffs.

Reactions: RJV2324
In 1A, I think that AG should be the 1 seed, Lake Mills 2 and RSM 3, and Wapsie Valley will be the 8. After that the schools kind of jumble together and good arguments could be made for any of them. I do think Monte is getting a little to much love. Their out of conference schedule was not as strong and they lost to Albia (w/o Albia's second best player) and a pretty ordinary PCM team. If I were seeding I would say:

1) Algona Garrigan
2) Lake Mills
3) RSM
4) MSTM
5) West Fork
6) Montezuma
7) Springville
8) Wapsie Valley

2A is simply loaded. I could honestly see any of the top 7 winningthe title and it would not shock me that WG won their first round game. I would seed them:

1) Boyden Hull
2) North Linn
3) Pella Christain
4) Camanche
5) Treynor
6) Monticello
7) West Sioux
8) Woodward Granger

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT