ADVERTISEMENT

1137... tell us how a “gas state” fails in gas management

Summarize

Nice try...but the designated hitter has ruined the integrity of the game. I'm a purest.

Also, blue is my favorite color.

It’s not simply a Texas problem. The Texas gas infrastructure feeds into nearly every state. Most of Kentucky uses Texas gas, and that usage goes well up into Ohio and into New England. That’s a lot of users sucking on the supply, and Texas companies can’t just say phuck y’all to all the other customers; there are minimums that are mandated across the national grid by agreements and PSC rules.

Talking with one Atmos energy engineer on Monday, and on the spot market, gas prices went from $2.80 to $30/Mcf

Reactions: BamaFan1137
Nice try...but the designated hitter has ruined the integrity of the game. I'm a purest.

Also, blue is my favorite color.
Yep.... Has to be those wind turbines and solar ... that azz is still burning because your agenda got shit on LOLOLOL

Yep.... Has to be those wind turbines and solar ... that azz is still burning because your agenda got shit on LOLOLOL

You never even bothered to click my link to see what my agenda might be.

For all you know, my agenda is your agenda. Seems unlikely but you'll never know for sure.

Reactions: dhetiger
It’s not simply a Texas problem. The Texas gas infrastructure feeds into nearly every state. Most of Kentucky uses Texas gas, and that usage goes well up into Ohio and into New England. That’s a lot of users sucking on the supply, and Texas companies can’t just say phuck y’all to all the other customers; there are minimums that are mandated across the national grid by agreements and PSC rules.

Talking with one Atmos energy engineer on Monday, and on the spot market, gas prices went from $2.80 to $30/Mcf
But it was Texas with the greatest failure.... and that was its gas industry. It’s ok to admit a catastrophic failure that blows your agenda - even if the Cult was trying to direct the blame to a minor contributor.

Texas needs smarter people.

But it was Texas with the greatest failure.... and that was its gas industry. It’s ok to admit a catastrophic failure that blows your agenda - even if the Cult was trying to direct the blame to a minor contributor.

Texas needs smarter people.

“Failures across Texas’ natural gas operations and supply chains due to extreme temperatures are the most significant cause of the power crisis”

“primarily cause of the outages on Tuesday appeared to be the state’s natural gas providers. Many are not designed to withstand such low temperatures on equipment or during production.”

this was/is a 100 year storm. Texas very own Hurricane Katrina.

You never even bothered to click my link to see what my agenda might be.

For all you know, my agenda is your agenda. Seems unlikely but you'll never know for sure.
I did read it! I know all about the the coal power industry.... and I love it!!! We supply millions of EUROs in equipment for treating the flue gas desulfurization waste and the ash slurry. Both are toxic.
Then there is the coal washing from underground mining. That’s a money maker too. We make machines that filter all the clay tailings and recycle the water. So What would you like to know? I’ve been an expert consultant in this field for about 40 yrs.

Somebody needs to change BG’s meds.
So... the board agenda ( and the Fox News bubble) was that green power failed..... which was just a smoke screen to divert attention from the real mega failure of the home boy gas industry.

... and all you people are soooooo pissed that I pointed out the facts for you . Life inside the Fox bubble is sweet isn’t it?

So... the board agenda ( and the Fox News bubble) was that green power failed..... which was just a smoke screen to divert attention from the real mega failure of the home boy gas industry.

... and all you people are soooooo pissed that I pointed out the facts for you . Life inside the Fox bubble is sweet isn’t it?
Yawn. Try again.

I did read it! I know all about the the coal power industry.... and I love it!!! We supply millions of EUROs in equipment for treating the flue gas desulfurization waste and the ash slurry. Both are toxic.
Then there is the coal washing from underground mining. That’s a money maker too. We make machines that filter all the clay tailings and recycle the water. So What would you like to know? I’ve been an expert consultant in this field for about 40 yrs.

Strike two...that wasn't what my link was about either.

Why don't you just click on it and read it instead of guessing wrong and looking like an ass?

• Haha

My article came out before the freeze you dolt. It discussed Germany's failure in green energy. Read the fvcking thing and THEN disagree with it.

WTF is wrong with you?

No excuse for the biggest infrastructure failure in US history. What other states are shut down with lower sustained temperatures?? I’ll wait. Any outages in North Dakota? Nebraska???

Funny as fvck that instead of gross incompetence-you people are deflecting desperately and squirming for rational explanations after being embarrassed by the crash and burn of the big green energy lie.

MAGA by gawd!

No excuse for the biggest infrastructure failure in US history. What other states are shut down with lower sustained temperatures?? I’ll wait. Any outages in North Dakota? Nebraska???

Funny as fvck that instead of gross incompetence-you people are deflecting desperately and squirming for rational explanations after being embarrassed by the crash and burn of the big green energy lie.

MAGA by gawd!

You just want to put lipstick on a pig because you can make money off said pig. There's a handful of reasons that the Texas grid failed and wind power played a big role in that directly. It also played a large role indirectly, but that aspect of it has/will hardly be discussed because the government doesn't like to admit when their policies have adverse affects on the market.

Here's a simple Y/N for you. Is there any country that has significantly increased their wind/solar capacity that hasn't seen large increases in the cost of electricity? Second Y/N, is there any country that has significantly increased their wind/solar capacity that has a grid that is as stable as it was before they started said venture?

I would say I'll wait, but the answer is no to both.

It is. Because they supply up to25% and failed miserably so fossil fuel has to try to bail them out. Hilarious seeing helicopters running on fossil fuel spraying chemicals from fossil fuels on windmills so they might work as we ha w all been told.

Last edited:
Natural gas freezes at -295.6 F
Texas got really cold didn't it ?
Yeeah but H2O freezes at 32F
Are you really that dumb? It’s the water vapor in the gas that accumulates in low points , valves and gauges. Piping and Instrumentation 101.

This only happens in The “Nations Energy Capitol”. ( snicker) . Ask yourself why it never happens in the Arctic countries or “energy capitals” like Nebraska and Montana.

you people just can’t accept the incompetence and stupidity of the Texas energy experts.... and it burns that assss.

Yeeah but H2O freezes at 32F
Are you really that dumb? It’s the water vapor in the gas that accumulates in low points , valves and gauges. Piping and Instrumentation 101.

This only happens in The “Nations Energy Capitol”. ( snicker) . Ask yourself why it never happens in the Arctic countries or “energy capitals” like Nebraska and Montana.

you people just can’t accept the incompetence and stupidity of the Texas energy experts.... and it burns that assss.
Tell me where natural gas is used for fuel supply that is not cleaned from said WATER vapor in the gas ? There is distillate that is produced from natural gas wells that will freeze at a restriction point. Do you actually think turbine engines run at capacity on water vapor infused fuel without tip damage ? You are one ignorant mf if you think the oil industry does not know how to design and build system that allows liquids to freeze and stop production . In the instance that a pressure drop point can freeze a methanol injection point will be put in place to prevent such. I won't call you dumb but you sure are ignorant when it comes to oil and gas production. look up LTX units, fuel gas scrubbers, high pressure gas separators ,drip pots. Methanol is widely used in the oil and gas industry, even injected below s.c.s.s.s.v in gas wells to prevent freezing. wells will freeze in 100º plus temps at the choke tee if it is not being injected with methanol. Piping and Instrumentation 101 --Yep, thats where the oil and gas industry began when designing systems to prevent problems such as freezing.

Tell me where natural gas is used for fuel supply that is not cleaned from said WATER vapor in the gas ? There is distillate that is produced from natural gas wells that will freeze at a restriction point. Do you actually think turbine engines run at capacity on water vapor infused fuel without tip damage ? You are one ignorant mf if you think the oil industry does not know how to design and build system that allows liquids to freeze and stop production . In the instance that a pressure drop point can freeze a methanol injection point will be put in place to prevent such. I won't call you dumb but you sure are ignorant when it comes to oil and gas production. look up LTX units, fuel gas scrubbers, high pressure gas separators ,drip pots. Methanol is widely used in the oil and gas industry, even injected below s.c.s.s.s.v in gas wells to prevent freezing. wells will freeze in 100º plus temps at the choke tee if it is not being injected with methanol. Piping and Instrumentation 101 --Yep, thats where the oil and gas industry began when designing systems to prevent problems such as freezing.

I didn’t state at which point the freezing occurs. So you wrote that entire dissertation to agree that incompetence in piping design SOMEWHERE resulted in flow blockage... I hear 180 plants?

Soooooo I guess I’m an ignorant mf because there are a whole bunch of Texans who can’t get gas to a turbine.... for whatever reason. Maybe they can use your expertise to solve the problem.

I didn’t state at which point the freezing occurs. So you wrote that entire dissertation to agree that incompetence in piping design SOMEWHERE resulted in flow blockage... I hear 180 plants?

Soooooo I guess I’m an ignorant mf because there are a whole bunch of Texans who can’t get gas to a turbine.... for whatever reason. Maybe they can use your expertise to solve the problem.

All of this to deflect away from freezing wind farms and snowed over solar panels. Kicked dog barking imho.

Not at all. What happened there according to several cousins I have in and around Houston is ICE. The ice accumulated on powerlines causing them to break, also ice in switching stations and transformers .Roads were iced and crews were unable to get out to repair the destruction . One told me that a normal winter low was around 28º and this 50 year winter storm dropped to 12 º.

Get gas to a turbine? Do you hear that? Say it out loud a few times.

MAGA by gawd!

Has nothing to do with MAGA, it’s a demand issue more than a moisture in the equipment issue, though that added insult to injury.... but you’re so in the tank for wind power, you can’t see anything through any other prism - congrats on being a short-sided shill for green power, when it proven to be only a supplemental source.... Germany has proven there is a peak Green power percentage.... but you’re a green-power Koolaid drinking paid corporate hack

Has nothing to do with MAGA, it’s a demand issue more than a moisture in the equipment issue, though that added insult to injury.... but you’re so in the tank for wind power, you can’t see anything through any other prism - congrats on being a short-sided shill for green power, when it proven to be only a supplemental source.... Germany has proven there is a peak Green power percentage.... but you’re a green-power Koolaid drinking paid corporate hack
Question on the moisture issue. When designing a system for an area like Texas - would it not be costlier to design for 10F temps vs 20F temps? How might those differences affect the system's ability to perform in 10F weather?

And - are 10F temps common in central/south Texas?

Reactions: ZosoDawg
Question on the moisture issue. When designing a system for an area like Texas - would it not be costlier to design for 10F temps vs 20F temps? How might those differences affect the system's ability to perform in 10F weather?

And - are 10F temps common in central/south Texas?

Water freezes at 20 deg.F too. So it’s a cluster Eff if they’ve allowed water into elements that have frozen on the compressor/prime mover equipment. If failures are control/regulator based, if could be that the water removal equipment on gas side isn’t set to dry the gas to a cold enough dew point, but that problem wouldn’t make sense, as that gas is going to colder climes

A more plausible thought might be control air on the valves, if they are using refrigerated control air dryers or other means of control air drying, and that dew point isn’t low enough, than your valves would start freezing at the lower temperatures

I’m in Key West this week, so I really haven’t kept up with what the modes of failures have been..... too busy straining my arm patting myself on the back for the right week to be here

Reactions: BamaFan1137
Water freezes at 20 deg.F too. So it’s a cluster Eff if they’ve allowed water into elements that have frozen on the compressor/prime mover equipment. If failures are control/regulator based, if could be that the water removal equipment on gas side isn’t set to dry the gas to a cold enough dew point, but that problem wouldn’t make sense, as that gas is going to colder climes

A more plausible thought might be control air on the valves, if they are using refrigerated control air dryers or other means of control air drying, and that dew point isn’t low enough, than your valves would start freezing at the lower temperatures

I’m in Key West this week, so I really haven’t kept up with what the modes of failures have been..... too busy straining my arm patting myself on the back for the right week to be here
LOL, yeah I get that 20F and 10F are below freezing. Wasn't sure how much thermal protection is there. Thinking extreme lower temps beyond typical design limits might contribute to freezing/failure.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT