ADVERTISEMENT

#1 Western Christian vs #2 Unity Christian

allsport05

Gold Member
Aug 3, 2009
Thoughts? Game is @ Unity Christian. Game is Thursday January 15.

This post was edited on 1/14 9:30 AM by allsport05

Last year Western blew them out by 30.
Will be much closer this year playing at Unity & Western has lost more to graduation.

I give Unity the edge in the post with combo of a great athlete in Kiel & great finisher down low in Noteboom.
Despite having Kassidy De Jong, the combo of Gesink & Bousema plus many kickers gives Western a big edge for guards.

Western can go twice as deep into their bench and they force a frantic pace that most girls just can't keep up with.
They are willing to accept turnovers because they know they'll force twice as many.

I think Unity's chance to win depends on their point guard, Zomermand. She has to slow the pace way down to make it a half court game and have a career shooting night behind the arc.

This post was edited on 1/16 5:10 AM by VanderHoops

Exciting game to watch (except that it was 90 degrees in the gym
mad.r191677.gif
).

I don't think it was the best performance from either team, but Unity did what was necessary to squeak out a win.
Western led nearly the entire game, but Unity controlled the tempo in the 2nd half and missed free throws and some terrible mental errors by Western let the lead slip away.

It almost seemed like Western didn't know how to play with a small lead. Forced passes, terrible shot selection for a team with a 4-5 pt lead. Unity stepped up after Kassidy DeJong fouled out and ran set plays that worked well.

#2 beating #1 at home doesn't seem like a huge upset, but Western has not lost to a 2A opponent since 2010.
Congrats to Unity & I hope we get a chance for payback in Des Moines!

Originally posted by Northern Ghost:
Originally posted by GoHawks2009:
The rich get...wait....what?
Based on your post in the other thread about Regina, another private school, it appears as though you have a coveting problem.

$$$ don't make you shoot better. $$$ don't make you hustle. $$$ don't make you fast. $$$ don't make you committed.

I can show you hundreds to thousand of disadvantaged youth that have earned DI scholarships that prove this very point.
Yeah, those had nothing to do with each other....at all. In fact, it was the opposite of what you're thinking about. Just think about my comment for a bit instead of assuming I'm making a serious comment about recruiting or money...

Originally posted by Northern Ghost:
Sure thing GoHawks2009. Keep telling yourself that.
Lol...umm okay then I will.

I'll give you a hint. Western Christian winning would've been status quo. Is that what happened here?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT