Originally posted by LukeFeddersen:
Danville Bears Basketball
1000 point scorers since 1991

Sr. Connor Hoelzen- 118, 202, 380, 82- 782
Sr. Mason Speer- 0, 129, 445, 100- 674
Update per Quikstats through 17 games:

Hoelzen sitting at 936 (64 to go)
Speer at 842 (158 to go)

At Speer's current rate of 15.8 points per game he'll need 10 games (math worked nice there). For Danville it is certainly possible for this to occur he would likely reach the mark in the title game or consolation game (possibly second round). I hope he reaches the mark.

Paul Kaufmann of North Tama is at 954 as of last night.

This post was edited on 2/7 8:04 AM by redbren

Adam Shorkey of Roland-Story went over 1000 career high school points today vs Colo-Nesco. One caveat, Shorkey played his freshman year at a school in Illinois. So he does not have 1000 Iowa high school points, but he does have 1000 high school points.

Originally posted by Cardinal2012:
Jacob Taylor JR of Diagonal will likely get 1000 by the end of the year. Came into the season at 626. Blake Butler SR will be close coming in at 608 but will likely depend on how well they do in conference and district tournaments. Through 6 games Jacob has 119 of the 372 needed.
Taylor is at 961 point (per Quick Stats) as of today. He has a minimum 2 games left.

Originally posted by basketball777:

Originally posted by Cardinal2012:
Jacob Taylor JR of Diagonal will likely get 1000 by the end of the year. Came into the season at 626. Blake Butler SR will be close coming in at 608 but will likely depend on how well they do in conference and district tournaments. Through 6 games Jacob has 119 of the 372 needed.
Taylor is at 961 point (per Quick Stats) as of today. He has a minimum 2 games left.
Blake Butler and Jacob Taylor (per Quik Stats) both as of today have 961 career points. Levi Jarred also of Diagonal is approaching 500 career points. He is at 472 (per Quik Stats).

Congrats to Royce Timberwolf on being the first to score 1,000 in Meskwaki's short program!!

Originally posted by LHS1970:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe Tillo has a shot at going over 2K this season.
Update on Tillo, per Quik Stats as of today, he has 1880 career points. He has two regular season games plus first round of against either CB Thomas Jefferson or SC East...120 point is a lot...if he goes to state he might reach the 2000 point mark...
smile.r191677.gif

This post was edited on 2/12 4:19 PM by basketball777

Sioux City North's Daniel Tillo currently has 1,918 points and is the all-time leading scorer in Sioux City surpassing Sioux City West's and Chicago Bulls star Kirk Hinrich, Sioux City East's and U of Iowa's Adam Woodbury and Sioux City Heelan's and UWGB's Brandon Cougill. Contrary to popular belief east of I-35, there are some superb and highly underrated athletes in Western Iowa who don't get the respect across the state they deserve!! Perhaps if there was more parity between conferences when formulating the district pairings to insure more geographical equity of team representation at the state tournaments, rather than always having only ONE team from WESTERN IOWA representing CLASS 4A at the STATE TOURNAMENTS year after year. Sioux City and Council Bluffs don't play the soft schedules as the "elite" conferences would like you to believe as they have been adding highly ranked teams from Kansas, Nebraska, Minnesota, South Dakota, Missouri and Wisconsin to their schedules.
This post was edited on 2/17 1:21 PM by Josie87

Oh get over yourself! Do you think those players you mentioned are unknown in the eastern part of the state? Who are the under rated athletes you speak of? there are far fewer 4a schools in Western Iowa than central and Eastern Iowa. What do you want?

Originally posted by Josie87:

Sioux City North's Daniel Tillo currently has 1,918 points and is the all-time leading scorer in Sioux City......
Per Quik Stats, he has 1943 career points. Not sure which is right....

I think quikstats is the correct number but I could be wrong. If Tillo can reach the 2,000 mark, will he be the second player in 4A history to do so? I remember how big of a deal it was when Horner reached it, but I couldn't remember if anyone else has.

Originally posted by Hawkfreak2k15:
I think quikstats is the correct number but I could be wrong. If Tillo can reach the 2,000 mark, will he be the second player in 4A history to do so? I remember how big of a deal it was when Horner reached it, but I couldn't remember if anyone else has.
Dean Oliver was close at 1994, six shy of the mark...

Originally posted by HerkyHopeful:
I believe Blake Simons went over 1,000 last season and now attempting to break John Walburg's HMS all-time scoring record.
Blake is at 1493 career points going in to game verses WC tomorrow...7 to break 1500 mark...What is Walburg's record?

Peyton Pederson (Central Decatur Leon) passes 1000 in last game of the season...He finishes his junior year with 1006 career point (per Quik Stats)....
happy0005.r191677.gif

Jacob Taylor a Junior and Blake Butler a Senior both from Diagonal got their 1000 point mark in the 3rd quarter in their district semifinal loss to murray last night.

Originally posted by Teenage Dirtbag:
Most are from tiny schools, Class 1A and 2A, like that LaFrentz kid from MFL who never panned out.
2* Consensus All-American (1997, 1998)
Big 12 Player of the Year (1997, 1998) * The only player to win this award more than once
Jersey Retired at the Kansas (one of only 27 retired jerseys at the prestigious basketball school)

#3 overall Draft Pick in 1998

Played 10 seasons in the NBA average 10 points and 6 Rebounds per game.

Given that the average NBA career length in the NBA is 4.8 years according to a simple google search, I would say that he panned out just fine. Apparently he didn't live up to your expectations for some reason.

King James...easy...it was a joke bud. Just a joke. Just kidding. Just trying to be funny. Chill. Raef could play a little hoops...I think we all know that.

The Jeff Gainnetino from Burlington Notre Dame went over a 1000 for his career and Xavior Williams has over 900 going into his senior season next year.

Mason Myers, a senior from Webster City surpassed the 1,000 point career total last Thursday in a district final victory.
Jared Josten, Brock Jacobson and John Ptacek are the only other Webster City athletes to achieve that mark.

By my calculations, future Iowa Hawkeye football player, IC Regina's Drew Cook has 1,447 career points. A very impressive two sport high school career to be sure.

1-A, 3-seeded Maple Valley has 3 active players over 1000 career points: Kuhlman, Kerns and Flanigan.

Per Dubuque's Telegraph Herald, Wahlert's Pemsl has joined the 1000 point club in their substate win. Still has one more year left.

Originally posted by basketball777:

Originally posted by Josie87:

Sioux City North's Daniel Tillo currently has 1,918 points and is the all-time leading scorer in Sioux City......
Per Quik Stats, he has 1943 career points. Not sure which is right....
After substate, per QS, he sits at 1966 career points....can he score 34+ on ICW? tough task....will ICW let him get there?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT