ADVERTISEMENT

Zoso, wtf is going on?

It’s bad. Everyone down to the jeep dealership that sold Jalen Carter his car are being sued. I’m afraid a lot more is yet to come out. Gonna be a real black eye on the program.
Dude is suing everyone in Clarke County it seems. Looking for a settlement.

I know when he sued the University System of Georgia a couple weeks ago, they basically allege that the girl driving the university leased expedition that crashed was supposed to be working that night and making sure the players got home safely. The mere fact it was a university owned vehicle makes the school/athletic department extremely liable, throw on the driver’s record (several excessive speeding tickets over several years), and her role as an employee, it’s not a good look.

Jalen Carter seems to have gotten off pretty easy from a criminal standpoint. I believe I read he also had a suspended license at the time? Is that what they’re going after the Jeep dealership for? Was his license suspended when he obtained the vehicle from the dealership?

If the Willock’s claims that the driver was supposed to be a DD for players that night, that would be a terrible black mark for the program all the way up to Kirby, who all immediately tried to distance themselves from the situation claiming the vehicle should have been parked and that she was not authorized to be driving it at the time. I’m sure the athletic department will be trying to settle as quickly as possible, with as many air-tight non-disclosures as possible.

I’m sure if it is true the girl was supposed to be making sure the players got home safely, they made it perfectly clear she was not to be drinking herself. It’d still be bad publicity, but it will look infinitely worse if they’ve tried to cover up something bigger and it’s exposed, which is essentially what’s been alleged.

I know when he sued the University System of Georgia a couple weeks ago, they basically allege that the girl driving the university leased expedition that crashed was supposed to be working that night and making sure the players got home safely. The mere fact it was a university owned vehicle makes the school/athletic department extremely liable, throw on the driver’s record (several excessive speeding tickets over several years), and her role as an employee, it’s not a good look.

Jalen Carter seems to have gotten off pretty easy from a criminal standpoint. I believe I read he also had a suspended license at the time? Is that what they’re going after the Jeep dealership for? Was his license suspended when he obtained the vehicle from the dealership?

If the Willock’s claims that the driver was supposed to be a DD for players that night, that would be a terrible black mark for the program all the way up to Kirby, who all immediately tried to distance themselves from the situation claiming the vehicle should have been parked and that she was not authorized to be driving it at the time. I’m sure the athletic department will be trying to settle as quickly as possible, with as many air-tight non-disclosures as possible.

I’m sure if it is true the girl was supposed to be making sure the players got home safely, they made it perfectly clear she was not to be drinking herself. It’d still be bad publicity, but it will look infinitely worse if they’ve tried to cover up something bigger and it’s exposed, which is essentially what’s been alleged.
If they can prove the girl was a known reckless driver or drunk driver and thUGA let her continue to risk lives, it could be big. Otherwise thUGA was not “grossly negligent” for her actions.

Did Willock have a frigging drivers license? Didn’t he have to take a drivers test to receive the responsibility from government officials to be deemed responsible to handle a motor vehicle? Didn’t he break laws to place himself at risk of injury or death, as he was lawfully required to acknowledge in his drivers test that he was aware of risks ?

This is a phuvked up lawyer pursuing BS compensation from frigging nobody that’s was responsible for this incident - garbage lawyer hoping people blink

Reactions: BamaFan1137
This is a phuvked up lawyer pursuing BS compensation from frigging nobody that’s was responsible for this incident - garbage lawyer hoping people blink
I’m astonished 😧, are you insinuating a lawyer would dare use the civil court system as a crapshoot to try and enrich themselves….. and their client?

Did Willock have a frigging drivers license? Didn’t he have to take a drivers test to receive the responsibility from government officials to be deemed responsible to handle a motor vehicle? Didn’t he break laws to place himself at risk of injury or death, as he was lawfully required to acknowledge in his drivers test that he was aware of risks ?

first-time-meme-first-time.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Orange_N_White

Yep. Throw a big number out, and if you get a small fraction it’s still a lot of money. I’m sure they will talk about lost wages and all that but there’s no guarantee he’d play pro ball.

If they can prove the girl was a known reckless driver or drunk driver and thUGA let her continue to risk lives, it could be big. Otherwise thUGA was not “grossly negligent” for her actions.
The only thing I think has emerged fro UGA side is an acknowledgement that she received a speeding ticket last October(?)

Willock wasn’t driving. The girl that also died was the driver. Can’t hold her accountable so the attorney(which I believe Willock had an NIL deal with) is suing everyone with an Athens address over this.

The fact that the girls were part of the athletic dept is what's the kicker for ya'll.

We all did stupid stuff in our 20s, but some of these kids are getting out of control and putting others at risk with their poor choices. Not just on the road, but the collateral damage to the program.

Reactions: ZosoDawg
The fact that the girls were part of the athletic dept is what's the kicker for ya'll.

We all did stupid stuff in our 20s, but some of these kids are getting out of control and putting others at risk with their poor choices. Not just on the road, but the collateral damage to the program.
Yeah, and its even worse if she was supposed to essentially be a DD that night, which is basically what Willock’s family is alleging. The AD is liable, even with their stated position that she wasn’t supposed to be driving at night or outside of recruiting duties. They didn’t have measures in place to ensure that. If she was supposed to be making sure players got home safely as part of her job duties, they’re exposed even more, and it will look infinitely worse as they’ve tried to cover that up thus far.

His brother also was killed in a DUI related accident (died later, as a result of infection from injuries sustained in the crash), so his family is probably on a war path.

Reactions: ZosoDawg
Yeah, and its even worse if she was supposed to essentially be a DD that night, which is basically what Willock’s family is alleging. The AD is liable, even with their stated position that she wasn’t supposed to be driving at night or outside of recruiting duties. They didn’t have measures in place to ensure that. If she was supposed to be making sure players got home safely as part of her job duties, they’re exposed even more, and it will look infinitely worse as they’ve tried to cover that up thus far.

His brother also was killed in a DUI related accident (died later, as a result of infection from injuries sustained in the crash), so his family is probably on a war path.
I can’t blame them for being on a warpath considering she represented the athletic dept. At 26 she probably thought she had the best of both worlds and could get away with that kind of nonsense. Gonna be a hard lesson for those that are still living. While it’s fun to pick at each other and troll when this stuff happens, it has serious long term consequences for our programs. And it can happen to any of our programs as well.

I can’t blame them for being on a warpath considering she represented the athletic dept. At 26 she probably thought she had the best of both worlds and could get away with that kind of nonsense. Gonna be a hard lesson for those that are still living. While it’s fun to pick at each other and troll when this stuff happens, it has serious long term consequences for our programs. And it can happen to any of our programs as well.
The Battle for the Bourbon Barrel between UK and Tenn died when a car of UK players crashed with deaths after the game when driver has been imbibing ….the Barrel was seen as a poor symbol of competition, and was never seen at a game since

Reactions: alphatiger08
Yup, I hope every college program in the country did an audit to find vulnerabilities like this and has taken measures to prevent it. I hope everyone, especially young adults, learned from the mere actions and consequences of driving in that state of mind, both intoxicated and the racing aspect.

Yup, I hope every college program in the country did an audit to find vulnerabilities like this and has taken measures to prevent it. I hope everyone, especially young adults, learned from the mere actions and consequences of driving in that state of mind, both intoxicated and the racing aspect.
It’s no different than Mike Price buying strippers, Hugh Freeze buying hookers or Bobby Petrino nailing that volleyball player and getting his ass beat by her husband/fiancé. They represented the athletic dept and should be held to a higher standard. Those two women went to college in Athens and thought they could work for UGA and party like a student without consequences. Hard lesson.

Unrelated but kinda related, and I’ve told this story before.. my dad ran over a 16 year old girl on University back in 2008.

My dad doesn’t drink. Dad wasn’t speeding. The girl ignored the officer telling her not to walk. She was high (according to her friend that had just smoked with her). Both my parents went to the hospital to check on her. She had a broken hip and full recovery expected.

Two years later, the girl’s dad sued my dad, my grandfather (whose name was also on the vehicle), and their business (who the vehicle was registered under). Wanted $1.5 million for a girl that was perfectly healthy lol

Unfortunately, the officer working that night left the country on a deployment and couldn’t go to court. Dad wanted to take it the distance, but the company’s insurance provider settled out of court for $700k. What a fckn farce.

^
I’m surprised they waited two years to sue. Although she’d be 18 then and realized college was expensive, so……cha-ching! your father was her tuition ticket…..scumbag ambulance chasers.

I’ll say this, Jalen ain’t doing himself any favors with these gang-related posts and whatnot.
The fact his license was suspended at the time of the incident and having an additional prior for 89 in a 45 unrelated to the suspended license is pretty damning in and of itself civilly.

I’m kind of curious what the true speed was in Lake County that led to suspended license. He agreed to take a defensive driver’s course in addition to fine for doing 49 in a 40 in Lake County. Anyone who has ever gotten a ticket knows he most likely would not have been pulled over for doing 9 over, and he damn sure wouldn’t have had to take a defensive driving course over it. Then he gets the 44 over ticket in athens after that.

He seems to have gotten off pretty well having avoided the driving on suspended license charge. Regardless, he’s probably going to have to pony up some of that rookie contract. I hope the January incident was an eye opener for him and he doesn’t end up like Ruggs and cost someone else their life.

Obviously lawsuits are all about mud slinging, but this whole situation wreaks. It was two months before Carter was really mentioned as being involved, much less charged. If there were no survivors, maybe, but Bowles and McClendon weren’t exactly in a coma for two months. Carter returned to the scene and spoke with police. And now it trickles out his license was suspended at the time of the event, but he squared it away within 11 days before athens police ran his driver’s license?

So far, Carter is pretty exposed. If the dealership had leased Carter the vehicle as part of an NIL deal, they have a responsibility to make sure his license is current, so they’re exposed. The AD is exposed because the driver was an employee and the vehicle was leased by the school. Given that alone, Willock’s dad could probably get half of the $40 million he’s suing for. If what they allege about Lecroy essentially being “on the clock” that night is true, the AD and booster fund should be ecstatic if the dad settles for half with a bunch of air tight NDA’s. If that’s also true, I’d imagine Bowles will be getting a nice severance, and McClendon a hefty NIL deal for their silence as well.

Reactions: BamaFan1137
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT