ADVERTISEMENT

Your summer Class 4A champion prediction is.......

Your summer Class 4A champion prediction is.......

In CR thoughts are CR Wash will be pretty good. Lin Mar may take a step back to decent but that's about it.
Kennedy and Jeff still Kennedy and Jeff.
CFalls good as always.

For those in DSM - How's Dowlings recruiting looking??

In CR thoughts are CR Wash will be pretty good. Lin Mar may take a step back to decent but that's about it.
Kennedy and Jeff still Kennedy and Jeff.
CFalls good as always.

For those in DSM - How's Dowlings recruiting looking??

Recruiting is going pretty well but they keep losing kids to open enrollment and nobody wants to acknowledge that OE has far more of an influence than any of the 'recruiting' that goes on in private schools.

I'd like to think it would be finally someone different than the usual suspects from Central Iowa (perhaps CF, CRW). If I was betting it would be Valley but there are a lot of undetermined at this point.

Central Iowa could be weak this year outside Dowling and Valley. Dowling returns only one full-time starter (Zachary) and yet I see them doing no worse than 8-1. Waukee, despite losing Nelson, Allen, and a few others; will probably be a quarterfinal team by default since there should be a huge dropoff after Dowling and Valley. The 4th team to make the quarterfinals could be very weak (SEP, one of the Ankenys, maybe a CB/SC school).

Iowa City West vs. Valley

Champion: Valley
What evidence is there that ICW is going to be a contender? There doesn't seem to be any recent years of history of close calls with a ton of returning talent. Other programs in the area with more consistent results would have to be given the nod here. Bettendorf, PV, CRW, CF all come to mind. Losing close games in the past is still losing.

CRW or CF is my prediction for teams coming out of the East, Wash returns 14 starters (Note some of them go both ways which will be a problem if they make it to the Dome and face a team from the West which has mostly one way starters). The Senior class was undefeated as sophomores without Nimmers and Dobbs and the incoming junior class went undefeated also, So there is plenty of talent at Wash for them to be a serious contender this year. The big question is how will the offensive line come around. They have talent there also but just young..

4A Championship game I predict CRW vs WDV . Winner: If I had to say today, I would probably say WDV but check back with me 4 weeks into the season as I will be interested to see how CRW Offensive live develops.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT