ADVERTISEMENT

Wk3 District 7

Zowwy21

Freshman
Nov 6, 2013
Thus far D7 is 11-3, pretty darn good relative to all the other A districts. District 6 is 10-2, and the rest fall off from there. But now district games begin and things will start to settle out.

Predictions:
EB over Ed-Co 41-14
Hudson over GMG 49-7
GC over BCLUW 28-14

Game of the Week:
WV over NT 27-14, NT is coming in almost 50 pts/gm. Can WV slow them down? Personally, I believe so but that's why they play the game. WV needs to figure out a way to play more than the first half of games, if they do, they will be tough, if they don't its going to get very interesting.

District 6 is actually quite strong by the looks of it. BGM, Pekin and Highland all 2-0 with some solid wins, and Durant and Belle Plaine both 1-1 with loses to solid teams in Wilton and Grundy Center.

District 6 is weak lol really..... bgm barley beats Lisbon n North Tama beats lisbon 49-0. Grundy beat belle plaine who ppl were saying was the front runner in the pre season in that district. 7 is miles ahead of that district

Time will tell. But I saw Highland last week. They are good. They actually reminded me a lot of wapsie last year. Not huge, but fairly fast all over. Really good QB. Lots of options in backfield/ receiver. More physical on defense than I would have expected for a highland team. Well coached.

I believe Pekin brought back a lot from last year's playoff team and handled S-K week 1. S-K turned around and took care of Lynnville-Sully. Although I heard S-K top back, who rushed for almost 2000 yards last year was out week 1?

Belle Plaine , I think is a solid team based on what they did last year and brought back, but pekin was always the favorite , in my opinion, in this district (D6)

Last edited:
Reactions: GOPANTHERS23
I would have said the same thing with Pekin being the favorite. Outside of Pekin just seems weak compared to 7. On another note I think a good junior high team might win district 8 lol. The state dropped the ball there

Records aren’t the only thing that matter when comparing districts.. look at the schedules of these teams and where they are in the state.

Time will tell. But I saw Highland last week. They are good. They actually reminded me a lot of wapsie last year. Not huge, but fairly fast all over. Really good QB. Lots of options in backfield/ receiver. More physical on defense than I would have expected for a highland team. Well coached.

I believe Pekin brought back a lot from last year's playoff team and handled S-K week 1. S-K turned around and took care of Lynnville-Sully. Although I heard S-K top back, who rushed for almost 2000 yards last year was out week 1?

Belle Plaine , I think is a solid team based on what they did last year and brought back, but pekin was always the favorite , in my opinion, in this district (D6)
Yes that's true. Got ejected for targeting down by 50 to PC in playoff game last year.

District 6 is actually quite strong by the looks of it. BGM, Pekin and Highland all 2-0 with some solid wins, and Durant and Belle Plaine both 1-1 with loses to solid teams in Wilton and Grundy Center.
Who is the solid wins that bgm has? Lol they have beat no one. Same goes with highland for a matter of fact. They beat Columbus junction by the same amount as Gmg ( 32) and gmg is the bottom dweller in district 7. Looks like Pekin will run away with that one

Who is the solid wins that bgm has? Lol they have beat no one. Same goes with highland for a matter of fact. They beat Columbus junction by the same amount as Gmg ( 32) and gmg is the bottom dweller in district 7. Looks like Pekin will run away with that one
I'll give you that BGM is unproven, but Highland beat Alburnett which you obviously chose to ignore. Alburnett was being hyped quite a bit on this board as of preseason. Also Durant isn't talked about much. Massive O-line and only lost to a senior laden Wilton by two scores. I've heard though that some of the big lineman can't move well and they don't have a great back, but just look at their big guys on quik stats.

I'll give you that BGM is unproven, but Highland beat Alburnett which you obviously chose to ignore. Alburnett was being hyped quite a bit on this board as of preseason. Also Durant isn't talked about much. Massive O-line and only lost to a senior laden Wilton by two scores. I've heard though that some of the big lineman can't move well and they don't have a great back, but just look at their big guys on quik stats.

Not taking anything away from Highland because yes they did beat a good Alburnett team but that Alb team lost 2 horses to major injuries in that game and it showed in the 2nd half. But even at that it was a good win for Highland on the road.

Whoa!! EB takes it in the rear from ED-COand “almighty” Wapsie goes down to North Tama... hmm those 2 not as good as advertised?! Hudson not overly impressive either... and Highland impresses again over Lynnville. Interesting...

North Tama was impressive but Wapsie beat themselves. The inexperience really showed last night, Hope that game woke the kids up. I am curious about the EB game! Wow not just a loss but almost a continuous clock

NT line outplayed the WV line! And NT players and coaches were definitely prepared, they knew all the signal calls. Props to them, they appeared to be the better team last night. It’s going to be a battle between the top 5 in the district. Just sucks because boys get beat up week in and week out since there is so much parity!

GoPanthers23... you are about as ignorant as it gets!! Yes, in fact, NT is better than Wapsie because they beat them!! Accept that Wapsie isnt as good as ud love them to be... Wapsie 4th in their district if they are lucky!

GoPanthers23... you are about as ignorant as it gets!! Yes, in fact, NT is better than Wapsie because they beat them!! Accept that Wapsie isnt as good as ud love them to be... Wapsie 4th in their district if they are lucky!
When you make mistakes that beat yourself I would hardly say the other team is better and I’m ignorant?!?! Lol coming from the guy who said east buc is going to beat everyone this year by multiple touchdowns. Gtfoh...... Wapsie won’t finish 4th

WV/EB is going to be a good game. Personally I think both will beat Hudson. I don’t think there will be anyone that runs the table in district play. Will depend on who can stay healthy.

It is amazing how young WV is though. Only 4 starting seniors. Soph starting QB, RB, WR on offense and LB, 2 C and S on D.

GoPa... be nice?! Feeling sorry for yourself because you know your beloved WV isnt as good as you dreamed them to be?! Sorry im not sorry... whatever makes you feel better, bro!

GoPa... be nice?! Feeling sorry for yourself because you know your beloved WV isnt as good as you dreamed them to be?! Sorry im not sorry... whatever makes you feel better, bro!
Lol your funny..... Let’s be real you wanna be wapsie and have the success we have had over the years. The trophies you cherish don’t even make it in our trophy case

It is amazing how young WV is though. Only 4 starting seniors. Soph starting QB, RB, WR on offense and LB, 2 C and S on D.
The next two years after this year wapsie will be scary. The sophomore class has only lost 1 game ever if my memory serves me right and that was last night to North Tama so I am sure that left a bad taste in their mouths and will come out more ready n prepared the rest the season. I hope it lite a fire

Reactions: Zowwy21
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT