ADVERTISEMENT

Who moves onto the Dome?

To think BGM can't win is insulting. I would say G-R is the favorite, but it is the quarterfinals, and most people expect a good game.

GR BGM should be the closest of the 4 games. West Siuox , Denver wont be close. Mt Ayr will win but not comfortably.

Is hard to watch broken boys keep trudging forward for something they want so badly, they all deserve respect for making it this far! Something few on here seem to want to give BGM or district 7 for that matter. They all thought this was a weak district. Funny when we continue to take teams to the second and third round. How many districts advanced 4 teams from the first round and still have 2 of them competing? Thanks to those who offer the kind words!!

I think it's crazy how we have gone from Denver winning to the game not even being close I guess Garrigan shouldn't even show up...

Reactions: HappyJac
Take a breath people! We ALL want our boys/team to win and get excited when we talk about it.

EYERY team has a chance to win. 10-0 record does not give you 11-0 without earning it on the field.

District 7 has 2 left. So does District 4. Should be good games. If they were not a good team they would not still be playing.

I don't know a whole lot about anyone but GR and Denver except film. In person GR is "the real deal". They can be beat but it's gonna be tough.

Denver has a huge line (Avg 270 across the front) and is physically pounding people. 2 backs with 1500 yards each. Defense again very physical has shut down quite a few top runners in Class A.

I wish you all "luck" and will hopefully see you at the dome.

I will take GBR 28-7, although I don't think they are superhuman like some others on here but I do think they have a good balance on both sides of the ball. They have some speed especially at the LBer position and are pretty stout up front. BGM is a very good team and deserving of its ranking but was a little surprised at their score with Lisbon as Lisbon was playing without its starting QB. One thing for sure, weather will not be a factor tonight like in round one, so should be no excuses and the best team will win, I just think it will be GRB tonight.

And you talk about class saywhat2, I know how proud I am of my son! And I know how much he gets beat up every game. Tell you what, I am an old man and I would kick your lame ass given the the chance! If you want to jump frog jump! Better hope your Lillie pap has roots enough to hold you up! Simple question you had to turn sour!
j
Hahaha. Now there is the typical BGM parent!!! No you would not kick my ass, but keep on living your dreams that you never accomplished through your son. Glad GR kicked your ass though. Overrated all season long. Get any stat keepers kicked out of this one? Hahaha. Funny stuff Bear! Yes I talk about class. A foreign concept from BGM parents.

Last edited:
You are a piece of work! At least we were rated, and backed it up the best we could. Have a nice life!

Denver dominated BG and even played thru terrible officiating! Face masks not called, personal fouls for cheap shots not called. Knee to a players head after the play and no flag. Very disappointed with the dirty play of BG and Denver had 2 scores called back on very late flags on phantom penalties. Props to the boys for beating BG and the officials!

Wow Neisen, must have had a different view of the game than I had. Both calls were clearly obvious and what freed the Denver player to go all the way. I believe Denver scored on the first drive, which had one of the touchdowns you refer to called back on. I saw two Denver facemasks not call, the ripping of the QBs helmet after the play down inside the 10, and several shoves after the play by Denver. Not saying Garrigan didn't have their shoves and pushes and uncalled penalties, but from my perspective it was a fair game.

As for dominated, I would say Garrigan left 14 points out on the field, on the kick off return and the having to sub in a sophomore quarterback after Denver ripped Garrigan's QB's helmet off inside the Denver 10. Add in Denver needed two big plays to score in the 2nd half. I would not call that dominating by any means. And hell with a line that averages 270lb/6'2" in class A, come on Garrigan had 2 kids over 240lbs.

No bitching here, better team won, but call it what it was. Hard fought and probably the closest game Denver has the rest of the way.

Lastly, to the Denver fans bitching about Garrigan's facilities, guess you should realize just how much bigger of a school you are than the rest of class A. You're one of the largest schools in A, Garrigan is small enough to play 8 man.

[QUOTE="

Lastly, to the Denver fans bitching about Garrigan's facilities, guess you should realize just how much bigger of a school you are than the rest of class A. You're one of the largest schools in A, Garrigan is small enough to play 8 man.[/QUOTE]

People from Denver were honestly bitching about the facilities? Pot, kettle. Kettle, pot. I wish you would have gotten their names so we can expect a "YES" vote from them come Feb 2 for the new competition gymnasium and community center. Yes our football field is newer but the setup has its flaws still, but holy cow they must have forgotten about our dump of a gym and locker room facilities we have for basketball, volleyball and wrestling. Hands down the very worst in the NICL and it's not even close. I've seen many 1A and 2A junior highs with better facilities than what we have, no exaggeration. Our gym has been an embarrassment for quite some time now and hopefully people are tired of going to a game and sitting sideways just to try and fit in the seats and enjoying a pair of knees in their back from the person behind them. Not to mention what it does for scheduling conflicts trying to accommodate all the practice times for boys/girls, varsity/JV/fresh/soph, junior high practices, then youth basketball for boys, girls, club volleyball practices, and then park and rec activities as well. 4th, 5th, and 6th grade kids practicing from 7:30 to 8:30 at night because that's the only time they can get in the lunch room/multi-purpose room to try and have a practice. Yeah, if someone from Denver was bitching about your facilities they forgot about our own situation. Sorry for what it's worth.

Props to BG for still playing 11 man and not dropping to 8 man which I heard AGWSR is thinking about doing for 6 years until their class sizes go back up. IMO that would be a huge mistake, with 11 man you can hide a couple guys here and there but in 8 man if there is a weaker/sub-par player out there they are easier to exploit with less help for them from teammates too. They won't be dominating anybody in 8 man when they are mediocre as it is in 11 man IMO.

The only bitching about the facilities was about BG leaving PORTABLE bleachers unused and sitting there forcing over half of the Denvers fans with no seats. Spoke to the AD and was told they decided they didn't need to put them up so it was a decision to screw the Denver fans on purpose.

If you watched on every play the Denver boys helped up BG players. They showed great sportsmanship. BG responded with cheap shots. The knee to the head after the play was over was intentional no doubt. Same with the cheap shot against Denver #36 that caused an official to run over and Denver #79 to run over and pull his player away from going after the BG player.

I also saw people and players from Neumann, Grundy, AGWSR and others schools rooting for Denver on the visitor side. Talked to a few of them and to a man they all said they were rooting for Denver because BG is arrogant and plays dirty. My son even had someone from BG kick/punch him in the nuts in a tackle pile.

As for "whining"" about school size that is a CHOICE. You chose to go to a small private school and not the larger school right in your town. Denver for years was the smallest school in the state in 1A. The rules are the same for everyone.

From the first Denver score the game was never in doubt. 2 first downs in the second half was domination. Holding BG to 139 yards for the entire game while putting up over 300 was domination. The pass worked because BG put 10 people in the box to try and stop the Denver run game. Then the obvious face mask to tackle him was not called. The long run was a combo of great blocking and great running.

I will give you that BG played hard. I'm sure they are good kids but very disappointed in HOW they chose to play.

From the first Denver score the game was never in doubt. 2 first downs in the second half was domination. Holding BG to 139 yards for the entire game while putting up over 300 was domination.

that sir is arrogant! 8-0 halftime lead is not something I would say never in doubt too. Throw out 100 yards on two big plays and you have 200 yards total offense and ran 15 more plays. Not like you just destroyed anybody. Garrigan did not adjust correctly and props to Denver's defense.

Better watch the game on Hudl again to see these plays you're referencing. There was no facemask on the pass play, just a high tackle. Good job to Garrigan for not giving up on the play. Same for your phantom holding calls, as it should be filmed from the Garrigan sideline to give you a clear view of the plays.

The bleachers have been the same set up for the last four years I've been there. Its not like Garrigan decided we'll just not use these to screw the Denver people. West Hancock had as big if not bigger crowd than Denver.

I would hope the AGWSR and Grundy kids were cheering for Denver. Nice to see kids cheer for their district opponents. By the way its Newman. I guess the BK, NU, and West Hancock kids came to the Garrigan side because there was no room on the Denver side??? Yeah private schools get a rep for being arrogant, but its not always deserved. Trust me, I had this attitude before my kid started playing for a private school

As for sportsmanship, yup I saw a lot of Denver kids helping Garrigan players up. Props to them for it. I saw a lot of Garrigan players help up Denver kids. Great to see. Saw Denver kids still hitting and punching after the whistle, same for Garrigan. Not sure if you ever played football, but being punched in the pile is not uncommon. Don't put the actions of one on a whole team. Heck for all you know it could have been your own teammate.

Denver might have been the smallest in 1A for a long time. Did you compete for district titles, 3 rounds of playoffs?? Big fish in little pond right now, but Garrigan is a pretty good little fish.

Good Luck to Denver in the Dome.

No doubt BG is good. Never said they were not. Just don't like cheap shots done to any team.

So your AD already knew for a fact that there was a serious need for the portable bleachers you have right there and CHOSE to do nothing? That makes no sense at all..

I will admit I should not blame the entire team for a few players actions. Probably as much fault to the people who did not address it when it happened.

You are a piece of work! At least we were rated, and backed it up the best we could. Have a nice life!

Lol. You too Bear. Didn't really back it up but that's why the games are played right? Now, go make threats against someone that gives a rip!!

GR wins easy IMO. They have no concept of defeat. Their boys made it to state last year in every team sport.

I doubt BGM has a clue what kind of hurt is coming their way. I think by the end of the first quarter everybody at the game will know it is essentially "game over".

GR all hit very hard, they push the rules right to the limit. Every BGM receiver and special teams player better keep their head on a swivel because it's coming, sooner or later.

Denver beat GR because their line is as big as some NCAA division II teams.

District 4 is where the best football is played. GR would have won last year if their qb didn't break his collar bone in the semifinal.

At least GR will lay off the gas when they get up big with the dome coming up next week. They are not always so generous with the mercy.

Anymore respect for BGM after that game? I got my first chance to view film and you are correct about pushing the rules to the limit, I doubt they will get those same breaks from the officials at the Dome. Don't take this wrong, I am not saying the stripes determined the game completely!! GR did not run away with that game as you predicted. The team with the most and biggest horses will go the farthest and we fell a little short. Good luck to GR!

BGM suprised in that their defense held up pretty well through three quarters. I went to the game with a friend and we both thought it was over at 10-0 GR. Just too difficult to come from two scores down against GR.

BGM had a chance before halftime to get the ball in good shape but getting 12 men on the field coming out of a timeout was a killer.

I knew GR was going to do a fake punt on their first possession. No way in hell do they punt from midfield. BGM should have known better.

BGM was just begging to get a punt blocked with that ridiculous formation, and they did. Stand seven yards back against an elite team and expect to get punts off? Umm...no.

I think BGMs only touchdown was on a halfback pass or some odd play.

Of course GR had some personal fouls in the first half. Wouldn't be a GR game without them.

Anymore respect for BGM after that game? I got my first chance to view film and you are correct about pushing the rules to the limit, I doubt they will get those same breaks from the officials at the Dome. Don't take this wrong, I am not saying the stripes determined the game completely!! GR did not run away with that game as you predicted. The team with the most and biggest horses will go the farthest and we fell a little short. Good luck to GR!

Typical. Always someone else's fault. It's either having to play a "1a" team or it's the officials. Listened to the game. Sounded like BGM was fortunate it was that close. And it really wasn't.

Typical. Always someone else's fault. It's either having to play a "1a" team or it's the officials. Listened to the game. Sounded like BGM was fortunate it was that close. And it really wasn't.
Read whatever you want into what I said dumbass, better get back to work so you can afford your next set of officials. Maybe BP can have a 500 season next year. Crawl back under your rock worm!

Read whatever you want into what I said dumbass, better get back to work so you can afford your next set of officials. Maybe BP can have a 500 season next year. Crawl back under your rock worm!
Hahahaha. Oh bear you're such a drama queen. Doesn't the home team always pay the officials? There is nothing to read into. You said it not me. But it is typical. BGM parents. Football parents. One of a kind. Lol. guess what bear. Your kid was over it in a day. You should try it too. Holding onto your failed high school athletic career and living it through your kid is no way to go through life. Hahahahaha

Seriously bear. You need to let it go. You got beat. Bad! Now, move on and use you immense vocabulary elsewhere. You really shouldn't call bear 78 clueless. It's not nice. Hahaha

Hahahaha. Can't stay away can you bear? CP dude bro? Will you be my friend bear? Keep living the dream bear. Nobody cares about BGM. It's over and done bear. Move on. Hahaha

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT