ADVERTISEMENT

Who moves onto the Dome?

LukeFeddersen

Jun 14, 2001
What teams do you feel will be making a run to Cedar Falls among the final eight left?

Dike-New Hartford
Iowa City Regina

South Central Calhoun
Hinton

Sorry, Western Christian and West Branch fans.

Dike-New Hartford
Iowa City Regina
South Central Calhoun
Western Christian

Western/Hinton 2.0 will be interesting.
42-17 without their QB. Will having Small in the game be a 4 score difference?
Still @ Western & their D has stepped it up a notch 2nd half of season.
Hinton is hard to key on with 5 ball carriers & 4 receivers to deal with.
Western probably has more speed than anyone in the field, but still not the football savvy of the traditional FB powerhouses.

This is the "least dominant" team that Regina has had in a few years, but they're still a cut above the rest of the 1A field.

Reactions: cyard31
Both West Branch and Regina have great athletes at the QB and RB positions. I think the WB vs. Regina game could be won and lost in the trenches. Does Regina have any key injuries on their line right now? And how does West Branch measure up size and strength wise versus the Regina O-line and front 7 on defense?

As far as I can tell, both teams have big, dominant, and healthy lines. I believe WB just got a key player back who had been out most of the season with an injury - he's on offensive line.

Regina recently lost a starting lineman. But, the replacement appears to be doing a fine job the last couple of weeks.

Regina recently lost a starting lineman. But, the replacement appears to be doing a fine job the last couple of weeks.

Next man in! Rare to have in Class 1A, but both of these teams are good examples, at least recently, of how important this philosophy is.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT