ADVERTISEMENT

Who has the best shot to take down Regina?

tigerpride_32

Freshman
Sep 15, 2014
All due respect to Regina, but I am tired of seeing them win state title after state title. Who has the best shot to knock them off this year now that Drew Cook is gone?

South Winn has the best shot if they get everyone healthy. Led by Anthony Emanuel, this team has the best shot at taking down the big boys.

It is a long shot that anyone in 1A beats a healthy Regina team, but Dike-New Hartford is the second best team in 1A.

Their tough district schedule, plus scheduling AP and GR in non-district games prepares them for the postseason.

I believe the Dike-New Hartford/South Winn game on October 9 should help give a clearer picture. D-NH will travel to SW where they were knocked off last year in the playoffs.

I believe the Dike-New Hartford/South Winn game on October 9 should help give a clearer picture. D-NH will travel to SW where they were knocked off last year in the playoffs.
my heart tells me WB, my brain tells me Xavier or Solon

They weren't weak, but year round hard work and good coaching does tend to lead to improvement. Not really a mystery there...

When this years seniors were sophomores the JV squad got stomp by NFV not saying JV matters it just seems a little fishy to me.
you got to know your facts before you skip to conclusion. Regina was missing stenger, phillips, hunter, and 4 starting lineman were out with injury. NFV also had kids play in jv who played against regina in the dome

you got to know your facts before you skip to conclusion. Regina was missing stenger, phillips, hunter, and 4 starting lineman were out with injury. NFV also had kids play in jv who played against regina in the dome
It would be interesting to see who has added an impact transfer since then. Hint -not Regina. That game was a great example of what can happen in JV games, Regina was weak in the line and NFV ran a lot of the same series of plays to pile up points. The Regina JV team lost to Solon, Williamsburg and NFV and I think beat Bettendorf. Interesting to watch the same group of players get better each year. Wouldn't argue if all state players would transfer in but that seems to be a public school occurrence.

Reactions: cyard31
It would be interesting to see who has added an impact transfer since then. Hint -not Regina. That game was a great example of what can happen in JV games, Regina was weak in the line and NFV ran a lot of the same series of plays to pile up points. The Regina JV team lost to Solon, Williamsburg and NFV and I think beat Bettendorf. Interesting to watch the same group of players get better each year. Wouldn't argue if all state players would transfer in but that seems to be a public school occurrence.
CID, it seems the public schools are behind the trend :)

Please billy tell me these 4 lineman that were missing to "injury". Also NFV doesn't have JV kids play in the varsity game unless you consider special teams.

"jen44, post: 104588, member: 7532"]South Winn has the best shot if they get everyone healthy. Led by Anthony Emanuel, this team has the best shot at taking down the big boys."
Emmanuel is a different breed, I just don't think they will be able to do it especially with injuries to QB Logan Schewnifus and RB Treyten Jacobsen.

So, Pile considered them 'weak' for losing to a couple of 2A and 3A schools that put teams into the State Tournament those years? That's a pretty high bar...

Please billy tell me these 4 lineman that were missing to "injury". Also NFV doesn't have JV kids play in the varsity game unless you consider special teams.

Cam Lynch, Jared Brinkman, Reagan Ries, Christian Iben and I am not sure if Riley Sullivan was available or not. Sorry I am not Billy but I thought I would jump in on this one. NFV dominated that game and probably would have won the game while both teams were at full strength, but we will never know. If you want the injuries one was a motor vehicle accident, two back stress fractures a broken wrist and I think the other may have been a hamstring but I am not sure. Does that help?

This is a fairly easy question to answer... Dike-New Hartford
And here is why. If you look at the most common Top 10 teams in IA one thing that stands out is that Dike-New Hartford is the only team in which their opponents have a winning record. Here is some examples:
Iowa City Regina Opponents: 10-15
Dike-New Hartford: 18-7 (You take away the 5 that DNH gave, that's only 2 other losses)
Hinton: 9-16
West Branch 6-19
Madrid: 9-15
Underwood 10-15
Panora: 10-15

So why Hinton and West Branch are beating up 2 different 0-5 teams each, DNH has handed 3 different teams their only loss this year (AP, Denver, Hudson)
I am nothing but a man of numbers, don't always work out, but that's how I see it.

I tend to agree, DNH has as good of a chance as any. Tough non-district schedule and they did well.

My only concern is if another team is able to shut/slow down their RB Johnson....then can they pass the ball to open things up?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT