ADVERTISEMENT

Who got the worst first round draw?

Originally posted by hawkeyepower100:
MMC and GTRA easily since it was a close district game and it could of been avoided.
Road teams:
Exira
Graettinger
Clarksville
Maynard
Colo
Corydon
Guthrie Center
Lenox

Home teams:
Newell
Marcus
Northwood
Jackson Junction
Victor
Melcher-Dallas
Coon Rapids
Sidney

Who do you switch around to avoid a MMC-GTRA rematch?

I agree. Very hard to avoid the MMC GTRA game. I think they could have sent Exira to MMC but that would be a tough draw too. Either way MMC put themselves in a tough situation by losing to WBM. I think the state did the right thing in sen
Setting up the GTRA MMC match up. It makes the most sense in a lot of different ways. Although Exira MMC would have been one hell of a round one match up, we gotta think of the kids. Mmc is exactly 125 miles from exira. For the first round you need the shortest distance for games since it is on a school night. I give the state a break on this one

The state does not deserve to get a break. In 4A Sioux City East goes to Waukee and it don't take no rocket scientist to figure out that is way more than 125 miles. So what's good for the goose is good for the gander. The boys in Boone can't have it both ways. I do like that they are trying to break up the "sister" district concept with the idea of attempting to really get the best two teams in the championship game. So with that being said stretch that goofy 125 mile limit thing. If you can do it for 4A then you sure as heck can do it for all of the other classes.

Originally posted by brewcrewman1:
The state does not deserve to get a break. In 4A Sioux City East goes to Waukee and it don't take no rocket scientist to figure out that is way more than 125 miles. So what's good for the goose is good for the gander. The boys in Boone can't have it both ways. I do like that they are trying to break up the "sister" district concept with the idea of attempting to really get the best two teams in the championship game. So with that being said stretch that goofy 125 mile limit thing. If you can do it for 4A then you sure as heck can do it for all of the other classes.
Everybody knew that rule would go out the window in 4A because it simply wasn't feasible. There are 6 4A schools out west, only three of them made the playoffs, and none of them finished with high seeds in their districts. They were always gonna have to travel a long way.

The 125 mile rule is only in place for the 8man, A, 1a, 2a, and 3A classes. Not 4A. Maybe you should read the postseason manual before you run your know it all mouth. Grant it I hate this new playoff system. I loved the idea of sister districts and i hate that there is no bracket but you sir need to either know what your talking about or shut the hell up

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT