ADVERTISEMENT

When do district assignments come out?

harpball

Freshman
Jan 26, 2003
I know that the districts are seeded but wondering when assignments come out for districts? Is it May?
Thanks
This post was edited on 4/7 11:21 AM by harpball

Assignments come out sometime in June cause the state is a joke and doesn't allow coaches anytime to scout teams in their district. Last games for seeding will either be the 21st or 28th I'll guess the 28th. Then the following Monday is supposed to be the release of the games I believe but who knows with the state.

From the 2014 IAHSAA Spring Sport Handbook:

TOURNAMENT PAIRINGS AND SITE INFORMATION

Based on a recommendation from the Iowa Baseball Coaches Advisory Committee and the approval of the IHSAA

Board of Control, all district and sub-state pairings will not be finalized or announced until approximately one month prior to the

opening of the state tournament series.

Depending on what you think the IAHSAA means by ' opening of the state tourney series"

It could mean one month before the opening of elimination play with districts/substate:

1A/2A first round of districts starts on 7/12
3A/4A district/sub-state starts on 7/18

Or it could mean a month before the beginning of the finals at Principal Park:

1A Friday 7/25
2A Monday 7/28
3A Tuesday 7/29
4A Wednesday 7/30

So we should see parings somewhere between 6/12 and 6/30?

The manuals can be found under the Information tab under General at www.iahsaa.org

Here's the link to the 2014 Spring Manual

http://www.iahsaa.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/2014_IHSAA_Spring_Manual_Web.pdf

Here's a direct link to the general information page.

http://www.iahsaa.org/information/general/

Be advised, the IAHSAA information can be scattered among their different manuals. For example, while most items related to baseball are in the spring manual, there are some baseball items that are noted in the IAHSAA "Handbook", which is also available on the General page. Also, general information about transfers, eligibility, conduct, etc... are all in the 2013-2014 IAHSAA Handbook.

Finally, at the bottom of the General page, you can access the enrollment lists used for classifications in the various sports. Of course you have to go to Appendix 1 in the Handbook to see how classes are assigned in each sport, I mean, why make it easy and put the information in one place? For anyone interested, I think they already have the enrollment numbers used to classify schools for the 2014-2015 school year posted.

I know this is more than you asked for, but I thought I'd share what I'd discovered out there.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT