ADVERTISEMENT

What the heck is happening to baseball?

3shooter3

Freshman
Nov 23, 2005
First let me say that I have no dog in this hunt. I attended a baseball game last week between CB AL and DM East. I was shocked and quite frankly still really can't believe what I saw. First of all from the opening pitch, the DM East kids were chanting from the dugout, not just a little but on every pitch. If the AL pitcher threw a ball, there would be a chant like, good eye, good eye, good eye, good eye, good eye, good eye, good eye..... then some one would yell out BALL !!! I honestly thought I was in the wrong place and that I was witnessing a 10 year old girls softball game. It was embarrassing... Hold on it gets worse... after 7 grueling innings of the chatter. DM East wins a 5-4 decision. Thank goodeness it was over... but wait, then the fireworks started.. First the DM East head coach refuses to particiate in the post game handshake. Then the DM East team assistant coach is starts yelling at the AL coaches and fans and was challenging parents to meet him in the parking lot for a post game fight... Remember, they just won the game.....Classless, embarassing, insert anyone of a bunch of adjectives. I am still amazed I witnessed such a classic. Is this what baseball has turned into? God I hope not...

That's ridiculous and I haven't seen anything like it in my years of watching baseball in CR so no this is not what baseball has come to, just an isolated incident that I'm sorry you had to experience.

Crazy, Although I have an ALHS bias, if I came to a game and saw the AL kids and coaches acting this way I would want that coach gone. There is no room for that kind of shennagans in baseball at any level.

Absolutely classless!!! Assistant coach challenging our parents and coaches to meet him in the parking lot if they want to discuss it further. I can hear him now addressing their team, okay guy's great win, and way to battle and let's take this momentum into our next game. Now stick around because I plan on getting into a rumble with those CB AL parents in the parking lot. And after that I'll show you youngsters how to do a real beer bong!!! Great Leadership!! I know I'm old school….the orchestrated cheerleading should be left to girls sports!! I'm sure the baseball gods will justify all this when they get waxed their next game. Can you imagine their coaching staff when they lose…..hard tellin' what they'll do.

Did anyone capture this behavior with their cell phone or video camera? If they did I would post that on You - Tube ASAP! Also a strongly worded letter or e-mail to the schools AD might stir the pot, although when a coach or players act out like that it is usually due to "Lack of oversite and control" from the administration.

How about dropping a line to the IAHSAA?

What was the issue that sparked this kind of behavior? Controversial calls? Poor sportsmanship from CB? I am sure there is more to the story, amazing coaches can behave like this no matter what the circumstances are.

It starts at the top kids only act the way they are allowed to by their head coach. It will come back in the end and get them it always has a way of working itself out.

This is not just a one time thing for dm east. In our game this year they did repeated chants throughout the game that were reminiscent of a softball game. Not to mention that they had a classless coach who checked our bats and helmets twice throughout the game. They are a subpar squad that relies on mind games to have even a remote chance to win a game. Lastly, lets not forget their players are a trash talking bunch who challenged multiple players on our team to fights. That school is a joke.

Rosebowl you nailed it!! Girl chants throughout the game, coaches checking bats, they did it twice. Allowing their kids to chant boarderline comments that are certainly trying to play mindgames with the other team. I'm SURE their parents don't see a problem with little johnny yelling words that rhyme and clapping in unison. Must be preparing themselves for a future as a Spartans cheerleader with Will Ferrell. My guess is JAIL isn't to far away for a few of those clowns.

Look up the word SCARLET in the dictionary and you sill see one definition is "FLAGRANTLY OFFENSIVE".

Des Moines East perfectly lives up to their namesake.

While I don't have a problem with teams chanting and getting into the game as long as it isn't derogatory or aimed at the opposition, the other stuff is out of line.

Cheer all you want. So what if it's like softball? That's their choice to behave how they want as long as it's not disrespectul. Some need to lighten up on that.

the rest of it is not good and ALL of it reflects on the head coach. Have some class.

Were they chanting and cheering tonight cause by the score it doesnt look like they intimidated Valley too much.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT