ADVERTISEMENT

West Branch vs MFL MarMac

ISUfan00

Freshman
Dec 21, 2008
I’ll be honest I have been busy this week, haven’t got a chance to see much film on MFL. What are everyone’s thoughts on this game? Looking at stats it seems they run the ball well.

They have 3 very capable/solid runners in Powell, Blietz-Bentien, and Decker. A QB who has thrown for 1036 yards and AVERAGES 18.8 yard per completion.

Kade McElwaine and Powell are disruptions on defense. They bring pressure from 5 different directions. Old school Wing-T (what WB ran for 30 years) on offense, with a little new age sprinkled in.

MFL:

2700+ rushing
1150+ passing

WB:

2100+ rushing
1350+ passing

2" of rain projected for Friday on WB. So, throw all the numbers out the window. The field will look like Ampipe vs Walnut Heights in 1983.

First team to 21 wins.
Go Bears. Stay Dry.

Last edited:
Reactions: GOPANTHERS23
I was really impressed with how MFL handled Dike New Hartford. They are a program that was BAD for many years, and have been slowly but surely building over the last 5 or so years. I struggle to go against West Branch because they have been very good this year, but at the same time this is the type of game/team that they have lost in the past. If you compare scores of the two common opponents Waterloo Columbus and Durant they are similar. I see this being a close game.

If you compare scores of the two common opponents Waterloo Columbus and Durant they are similar. I see this being a close game.
Durant/WB: DeLong had 20 car, 29 yards vs the complete WB 1st team defense. He had 1 car, 73 yards vs. blended 1st/2nd team.

WB beat Columbus 2x. They're a tough team up front, man. Knipp is a horse!

I can see there being 5-7 turnovers tomorrow

Last edited:
I agree with the turnovers. With the weather blanketing most of the state tomorrow night, it will determine some teams fate. That's football in November :). Statewide there should be a few more upsets than normal.. My prediction 20-14. MFLMM

computer says....West Branch 31 MFL MarMac 24
Meme Reaction GIF

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT